Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?

Go down 
+7
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Troublezone
corplhicks
Dark Horseman
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Empty
PostSubject: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 11:11 am

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/skid-rows-next-album-to-feature-collaborations-with-corey-taylor-halestorm-members/
I've listened to them with ZP and the Bach songs sound really off with him, maybe his own songs will be better.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 10:00 pm

Man that is one boring collab. Zzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 11:31 pm

Can’t stand Halestorm, and I’m sick of Corey Taylor.

I’d rather see them work with Doug Pinnick or Joey Belladonna.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 12:12 am

I'm just not interested.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 6:13 am

I think I'll pass on this one.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 11:09 am

Work with Belladonna would be interesting. Skid Row needs to suck it up and invite Bas back, otherwise it's just 15 hangers on who care.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 5:23 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Work with Belladonna would be interesting. Skid Row needs to suck it up and invite Bas back, otherwise it's just 15 hangers on who care.

Belladonna has the voice that could work very well with their style. Especially if they return to the Slave to the Grind material.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 10:42 am

I have about as much interest in a new Skid Row album as I do in a new Quiet Riot album.

Which is to say, none at all.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 10:46 pm

Hey, they could tour together and call it the, No Interest tour.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 2:20 am

OK so weird arbitrary question to throw out there, but does anyone still rock the debut? I just realized the other day that I tend to throw that album on at least several times a month. And dammit I'll come out of the closet and declare my love for "Can't Stand the Heartache." A great song. I don't care what the boys have to say about it.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 5:42 am

corplhicks wrote:
OK so weird arbitrary question to throw out there, but does anyone still rock the debut? I just realized the other day that I tend to throw that album on at least several times a month. And dammit I'll come out of the closet and declare my love for "Can't Stand the Heartache." A great song. I don't care what the boys have to say about it.

Absolutely still play the debut. There’s no shame in loving that song either. It has that catchy melody that gets in your brain forever.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 9:36 am

I listen to it, has some great non hit tracks.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 3:17 am

Story time I suppose.

I was--13, I believe? Summer of '93? Anyway, I stayed with my aunt that summer to work my first job at her sign shop in Simi Valley. There was this hot chick with legs for days, her name was Nicole or Nikki, I think. Had a huge crush on her and loved how she always wore her brown hair, straight and long, beneath a baseball cap. Damn that was a good look. We always chatted about various BS on the job (a pretty boring gig) and music came up one day. I confessed that I was into heavy metal and hard rock (I remember resisting the use of "metalhead" for fear of her possible ridicule, and I always found it a goofy--yet endearing now--phrase). She expressed enthusiasm for the subject so it turned out to be one of the best days of my teenage life. Somehow we got on Skid Row because I had been hearing the singles for a while--although my local station KRZR stuck to Youth Gone Wild for some reason--and her eyes lit up. She was a total fan. Yes, I did feel faint for a second, no joke. So I come back to work the next day or so, not sure of the timespan, but what does she give me?

A mixtape.

I felt so emotional LOL. On oneside was Def Leppard, but I don't remember which album. The other side was--you got it, Skid Row's s/t. I went to bed that night with my Walkman and headphones blaring, I mean with searing volume, that album, giving me the best sleep of my life. Curious if anyone is going to make a foul joke about this Laughing.

Anyway, she had a fiance and was several years older than me--18, I think--and I never saw her again. But man do I remember her and that hair flowing from beneath the baseball cap. LA Angels, If memory serves.

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 8:09 am

Skid Row's first album falls into the Appetite category for me. Every track is great and I can listen to it any time and have never grown tired of it. I probably listen to Slave to the Grind more, but they both rule.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 11:39 am

Quote :
Curious if anyone is going to make a foul joke about this

Well, I was going to, but it's no fun if you're expecting it. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 7:24 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Story time I suppose.

I was--13, I believe? Summer of '93? Anyway, I stayed with my aunt that summer to work my first job at her sign shop in Simi Valley. There was this hot chick with legs for days, her name was Nicole or Nikki, I think. Had a huge crush on her and loved how she always wore her brown hair, straight and long, beneath a baseball cap. Damn that was a good look. We always chatted about various BS on the job (a pretty boring gig) and music came up one day. I confessed that I was into heavy metal and hard rock (I remember resisting the use of "metalhead" for fear of her possible ridicule, and I always found it a goofy--yet endearing now--phrase). She expressed enthusiasm for the subject so it turned out to be one of the best days of my teenage life. Somehow we got on Skid Row because I had been hearing the singles for a while--although my local station KRZR stuck to Youth Gone Wild for some reason--and her eyes lit up. She was a total fan. Yes, I did feel faint for a second, no joke. So I come back to work the next day or so, not sure of the timespan, but what does she give me?

A mixtape.

I felt so emotional LOL. On oneside was Def Leppard, but I don't remember which album. The other side was--you got it, Skid Row's s/t. I went to bed that night with my Walkman and headphones blaring, I mean with searing volume, that album, giving me the best sleep of my life. Curious if anyone is going to make a foul joke about this Laughing.

Anyway, she had a fiance and was several years older than me--18, I think--and I never saw her again. But man do I remember her and that hair flowing from beneath the baseball cap. LA Angels, If memory serves.

Great story Corpl!

I think most of us have random music-related stories like that; I know I do.

But more on topic, that ST is a sure keeper but after that Skid Row is pretty hit or miss for me.  Some great tracks on albums but nothing I ever listen to straight-thru like the ST.  And I'm not sure I have any interest in a new Skid Row album because it will likely be a pale imitation of their previous work.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 8:23 pm

The first 2 Skid Row albums go together perfectly. Just like Pantera did with CFH and Vulgar Display.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 9:02 pm

I never explored their post- Bach catalog. I am pretty loyal to bands and stick with them thru their various incarnations but Skid Row and the pointless version of Quiet Riot with Kevin DuBrow, I have not bothered. Maybe if I see those Skid Row albums dirt cheap somewhere I may give them a fair listen.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 3:21 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Curious if anyone is going to make a foul joke about this

Well, I was going to, but it's no fun if you're expecting it. Very Happy

I'll be sure to leave the next anecdote WIIIIDE-open for shenanigans. Smile

I will say Slave to the Grind has found less listening power for me than the debut, and Subhuman Race was way cooler back in the day. The debut is rather immortal and I find the best of its ilk at the time--was there really a greater pop metal album that year?? I also just recently found out that Rob's drums were recorded in a massive room in a convention center. I think we can all agree just how powerful those drums are, cowbell included.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 3:45 am

That’s a great story Corpl!

Skid Rows debut and Warrants DRFSR hold special meaning to me. It was 1989, I was 16 and that was one awesome summer. My best friend and I just about killed each other over the same chick...... but it all worked out. Ahh Good times!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 9:36 am

The first two albums are classics. Not a bad song on either one. And really, the only bad Skid Row album is Subhuman Race, which aside from "Into Another" is fucking awful. Thickskin and Revolutions Per Minute, while different, are pretty damn good. I've said it before, but if this song had been released by, say, Three Doors Down, it would have been a huge hit.

But from a bunch of washed up 80s rockers named Skid Row? Nope. Can't sell that!

The two United World Rebellion EPs, while not as great as their first two albums, are pretty similar in style. Both really good too.

Looking forward to the next album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 11:05 am

I thought Subhuman Race stunk, and Thickskin never did anything for me either. I actually like Revolutions Per Minute quite a bit though.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 6:54 pm

The one positive thing I can say about Subhuman is it's one of the heaviest albums to appear on the radar at that point in the 90's. There are some standout tracks--Beat Yourself Blind is just straight up crushing and would count as the last great vocal delivery by Bach (fan rumor here: this is where he possibly blew his voice); Eileen is rather atmospheric though its ending I used to admire now seems tacked on. But it seemed like their identity was melting away. Sure, it was a somewhat smooth transition, and the album was a fine display of their range, but it's still a mess that screams out WE'RE TRYING OUR DAMNDEST TO STAY RELEVANT.

After that the band became something else, and I've tried, lord I've tried, but we're talking about a band where every member had something essential to bring to the table. Take one piece out and it's nowhere near the same dynamic--Bach's signature vocals being the most essential ingredient here. I don't care who they hire. He truly is irreplaceable.

BTW, found this gem surfing late one night recently. Amusing (Bach's shorts wtf) yet interesting (end of an era):

EDIT: Forgot to mention in the clip below Baz mentions an upcoming tour with a "big name" that he has to keep mum about. I'm thinking he could be referring to the Kiss reunion tour that was pretty much the death knell for the band.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 7:35 pm

I've listened to the EP's a few times and while not bad, I keep thinking they forgot how to put hooks in the music.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 9:54 am

I’ll take Subhuman Race over anything they’ve done since. That Solinger guy was as dull as possible! He made Blaze Bayley sound good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?   Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kind of old news, Skid Row new album this year?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next