Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great White new album news

Go down 
+5
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
skullsmasher
manny
9 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Great White new album news Empty
PostSubject: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:24 am

This is for Arttie:

Since reuniting in January 2007 to perform a benefit concert, Great White has moved forward with the successful release in the summer of the same year of their return album "Back To The Rhythm," a record which was hailed by critics and fans as a return to the heydays of the band. After a world tour that celebrated the first 25 years of Great White and that brought them for 14 concerts to Europe, bass player Sean McNabb opted out and was replaced by Scott Snyder (ex-Ramos, Accomplice).
The band (which of course includes longtime members by Jack Russell, Michael Lardie, Audie Desbrow and Mark Kendall) went back to the studio and produced the brand new album "Rising," once again a tribute to the Great White root sound with rock, blues and strong melodic elements. The Southern California blues hard rock band first took a bite out of the rock scene in 1984 and since then has achieved worldwide success, encompassing sales of over six million records. They received a Grammy Award nomination for "Best Hard Rock Performance" for the song "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" and earned a double platinum certification for the album "…Twice Shy".
The soulful, blues-based signature sound that turned songs like "Face The Day," "Rock Me" and "Save Your Love" into international hits, can also be found on the new songs which are currently being mixed by the band’s keyboard player Michael Lardie. The late '80s were boom years for the band, marked by non-stop touring with some of the biggest bands of the era and playing also in Europe and Japan. Great White recorded two more albums for Capitol — "Hooked," which was certified gold and "Psycho City". Although Capitol issued a best-of compilation in 1993, Great White had already departed the label to begin work on their next studio release, "Sail Away", released on Zoo Records in 1994 supporting it with relentless touring. Their next release, "Let It Rock," in 1996, Great White then released on Portrait Records/Sony. "Can't Get There from Here" was released in 1999 and was the last album before the reunion of 2007.
"Rising" track listing:
1. Situation 2. All Or Nothin' 3. I Don't Mind 4. Shine 5. Loveless 6. Is It Enough 7. Last Chance 8. Danger Zone 9. Down On The Level 10. Only You Can Do 11. My Sanctuary 12. Let's Spend The Night Together
Great White is:
Jack Russell - vocals Michael Lardie - guitars, keyboards Mark Kendall - guitars Scott Snyder - bass Audie Desbrow - drums
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:12 am

Cool band, saw them last fall and they sound as good as ever. I've seen this band several times over the years and their live sound is top notch. Mark Kendall plays with a lot of heart and soul. His solo album is really good, not heavy at all but very blues based, way different than Great White though.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:05 am

Did I miss in this press release when it was actually going to be released? Very Happy

Oh well, I'm really looking forward to it. Back to the Rhythm was great.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:16 am

I sorta lost interest in these guys, but I'm glad to see them getting back together and trying to get past the trajedy.

March 13th is the European relase date. I didn't see a US date. Here's the cover...

Great White new album news 3276456806_9a09007f20_o

1st impression is that it looks a little amatuerist or cartoon-y. Could be a little more polished or slicker looking. Get the point across though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:22 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Great White new album news 3276456806_9a09007f20_o

1st impression is that it looks a little amatuerist or cartoon-y. Could be a little more polished or slicker looking. Get the point across though.

I like it! They've done the slick Lisa Frank ocean stuff before, this is a nice change in style.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:01 pm

Samples:

Great White - Situation
Great White - All Or Nothin'
Great White - Loveless
Great White . Is It Enough

"All Or Nothin" borrows a bit too much from ZZ Top in that main riff. Otherwise, sounds good. Hope there's a few more rockers on the album, though.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:55 pm

March 13th!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Samples:

Great White - Situation
Great White - All Or Nothin'
Great White - Loveless
Great White . Is It Enough

"All Or Nothin" borrows a bit too much from ZZ Top in that main riff. Otherwise, sounds good. Hope there's a few more rockers on the album, though.

Thanks, bro. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:37 pm

I picked this up yesterday and listened to it today. A good album, just not a great one. Very mellow and samey throughout. I had thought there would be a few more rockin' tunes, but there are not. It also seems like the guitars are buried low in the mix. Oh, well, I am glad it was on sale. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:50 pm

I saw this at walmart the other day but passed it up because i had no idea if was good. I agree from the samples that it is mellow.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:11 pm

Walmart actually had it? Shocked

I ended up ordering it online 2 days ago because I couldn't find it in town. Walmart & Target would be the last places I'd look for a Great White new release. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:22 am

I actually like the 3 albums I own from them. I would give it a try before buying, but I hope not to get disappointed.
Thanks for the news
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:50 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Walmart actually had it? Shocked

I ended up ordering it online 2 days ago because I couldn't find it in town. Walmart & Target would be the last places I'd look for a Great White new release. Interesting.

They have good distro i guess... and it's on Shrapnel records.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:41 am

The last GW album I really liked was HOOKED. They've been pretty tepid ever since.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:08 am

I've heard the new one...it's a mature blues rock album...but I can't really get into it. I was never more than a casual fan of GW anyway...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
The last GW album I really liked was HOOKED. They've been pretty tepid ever since.

Yea, pretty much the same here. My old roommate was a big fan and bought all their releases, but I never heard much that inspired me. I think the last album I purchased was their Zeppelin tribute cd. It does surprise me that Wal-Mart stocked their latest release.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:45 am

I liked Back to the Rhythm a lot and I loved 1999's Can't Get There From Here, even though it's a very calm album. So I'm not really too worried about all the "it's too melodic and low key" criticism for this one.

Of course, I *wish* they did something harder rocking like Rhythm was. Seems a bit odd they didn't keep going in that direction because it got a lot of positive reviews. It was a nice change of pace from their '99 album. GW fans want GW rockers, not laid back stuff. Why go in directions the few fans you have left don't want you to go in?

Hooked was okay, but I ordered it online years ago along with tons of other CDs, so I probably didn't listen to it as much as I should have.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:20 pm

I'm sure it'll be burning up the charts in no time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:33 pm

I really hope that's not what I think it is.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 2:03 pm

YES! I was told "Tuesday - Friday" for my CDs to arrive and I got'em today. It pays to be close to the shipping center. Smile

I really like the opener "Situation", haven't gotten through the rest yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great White new album news   Great White new album news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great White new album news
Page 1 of 1