Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die

Go down 
+18
assault_attack
chewie
mlotek
journeyman
ElectricEye93
mc666
Lari
corplhicks
Troublezone
akeldama
Gilbert
manny
Thelemech
Witchfinder
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
candlemass
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Pick one...
TE
Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 6 ]
NSD
Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Vote_lcap80%Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 80% [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Lari wrote:
So what DID you consider heavy metal back in 1976 if not Sabbath?

Nothing, never even heard the term 'till 82...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 6:50 pm

candlemass wrote:
Lari wrote:
So what DID you consider heavy metal back in 1976 if not Sabbath?

Nothing, never even heard the term 'till 82...

Same here, I didn't actually hear the term "heavy metal" applied to music until 1983.  Before that I knew it as a Sci-Fi/Fantasy magazine. Most of my school friends said "hard rock" and my Stepfather always said I listened to "that damn Heavy Rock Music".

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 6:56 pm

Sir Lord Baltimore-Kingdom Come was the first album referred to as Heavy Metal in documented form in 1971 and it was released in 1970 but since I was born in the 80's the term was already in full swing from the time I could remember.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:06 pm

Wow! If you liked rock music in the U.K you never heard about much other than New Wave of British Heavy Metal from 1979-1981!! (and obviously, to have a new wave, you had to have had the first wave, but '79 was about when I started taking notice)
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:07 pm

akeldama wrote:
Sir Lord Baltimore-Kingdom Come was the first album referred to as Heavy Metal in documented form in 1971 and it was released in 1970 but since I was born in the 80's the term was already in full swing from the time I could remember.

I thought that you were born in 1901?

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:11 pm

S.D. wrote:
and my Stepfather always said I listened to "that damn Heavy Rock Music".  

Heavy Rock, was used a lot and perfectly described bands like Sabbath, Purple, Zep, Rainbow etc.

Unfortunately it seems to have slipped out of popular use.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
and my Stepfather always said I listened to "that damn Heavy Rock Music".  

Heavy Rock, was used a lot and perfectly described bands like Sabbath, Purple, Zep, Rainbow etc.

Unfortunately it seems to have slipped out of popular use.

The term 'heavy rock' is what you will hear the members of Black Sabbath and Deep Purple describe themselves as. It was a term common in the UK in the early 70s whereas in the US it was either hard rock or heavy metal.

And the label itself truly means NOTHING. Musical genres only exist so non-musicians don't feel stupid.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 8:02 pm

I just realized I've never seen the words "rock n roll" pop up anywhere around here.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 9:12 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I just realized I've never seen the words "rock n roll" pop up anywhere around here.

Maybe because Rock & Roll is this: (definitely not metal)

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 7:44 am

My dad called it "Hard Steel"; "You still listening to that hard steel music?!"
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 8:27 am

That Buddy Holly vid was cool (definitely metal)  Cool 
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:31 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Let's fix that for ya...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:37 pm

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:38 pm

I use the term rock n roll all the time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:38 pm

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:31 pm

candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:18 am

In Ozzy's own words; "da, da, da, da...DA!"
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:42 am

I like both these records, but I vote for Technical Ecstasy since I like it a "bit" more.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 1:00 am

I guess I like backstreet kids, but other then that TE is a total shitbomb in my opinion. NSD is alright, I get the Foreigner/Queen thing a bit, definitely not a favorite though.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 8:01 am

My thing is, if you're going to drastically change your sound, AND you have an open mind (which I wouldn't have had back in the day/but I do now), then "Technical Ecstasy" gets the nod, as I think it's really brave.

Technical Ecstasy songs I like in order: (Dirty Women, She's Gone, Backstreet Kids, You Won't Change Me, Rock 'N' Roll Doctor, All Moving Parts (Standing Still) )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3