Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die

Go down 
+18
assault_attack
chewie
mlotek
journeyman
ElectricEye93
mc666
Lari
corplhicks
Troublezone
akeldama
Gilbert
manny
Thelemech
Witchfinder
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
candlemass
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Pick one...
TE
Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 6 ]
NSD
Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Vote_lcap80%Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 80% [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:40 pm

Lari wrote:
akeldama wrote:
Lari wrote:
IHA

I Hate Abbreviations?
Ding ding ding!

Or actually, "acronyms".

Would it have killed to type the album titles out? I kind of figured out Never Say Die, but TE? Made me think of football. Right, Technical Ecstacy, but I had to think about it (and go through all Sabbath album titles in my head)

There's a balance between typing fast and making oneself understood. If 50 people read what you type, and they all take 5-20 seconds to figure out what you mean by an acronym, is it worth saving 2-3 seconds of the original poster's time?

IDK. WWJD?
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:43 pm

Lari wrote:
akeldama wrote:
Lari wrote:
IHA

I Hate Abbreviations?
Ding ding ding!

Or actually, "acronyms".

Would it have killed to type the album titles out? I kind of figured out Never Say Die, but TE? Made me think of football. Right, Technical Ecstacy, but I had to think about it (and go through all Sabbath album titles in my head)

There's a balance between typing fast and making oneself understood. If 50 people read what you type, and they all take 5-20 seconds to figure out what you mean by an acronym, is it worth saving 2-3 seconds of the original poster's time?

Dammit! I knew it was acronyms but my mind was thinking "abbreviations"...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 10:51 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

You Won't Change Me still rules all though  Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 19976 

Definitely the best song on Technical Ecstasy.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 12:01 am

Lari wrote:
akeldama wrote:
Lari wrote:
IHA

I Hate Abbreviations?
Ding ding ding!

Or actually, "acronyms".

Did you bother to read my first post, still couldn't figure it out?! Besides, I figured most here to be Sabb Heads...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 12:02 am

What other lp by Sabbath would you pit against NSD?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 12:08 am

candlemass wrote:

Why is it necessary to pit any of them against each other? I love all 8 of those records and don't like choosing between them, I consider them all essential.
Back to top Go down
ElectricEye93
Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:40 am

Never Say Die, at least it had one good song.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 11:09 am

S.D. wrote:
candlemass wrote:

Why is it necessary to pit any of them against each other?  I love all 8 of those records and don't like choosing between them, I consider them all essential.

Just a manner of speaking, comparing the two. Like them or not, these were seen as the downfall for Sabbath, they did not sell well in the U.S. and the sound/tones had significantly changed on these...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:09 pm

S.D. wrote:
candlemass wrote:

Why is it necessary to pit any of them against each other?  I love all 8 of those records and don't like choosing between them, I consider them all essential.

Yep, my feelings on these records change over time anyway and I listen to TE and Sabotage the most out of all eight at the moment, that doesn't mean that I don't like the others. The first ten Sabbath records are pure gold and there is great stuff all the way through the catalogue, in fact. I think I'm going to jam Seventh Star tonight!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:02 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Lari wrote:
akeldama wrote:
Lari wrote:
IHA

I Hate Abbreviations?
Ding ding ding!

Or actually, "acronyms".

IDK. WWJD?
AIUI, he'd prob OK it.

Or DWISNWID

TANSTAAFL

CUL
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:17 pm

I went with Never Say Die. I also really like Technical Ecstasy, and consider both to be very good.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:22 pm

Edited for the slow among us...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:48 pm

Lari wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Lari wrote:
akeldama wrote:
Lari wrote:
IHA

I Hate Abbreviations?
Ding ding ding!

Or actually, "acronyms".

IDK. WWJD?
AIUI, he'd prob OK it.

Or DWISNWID

TANSTAAFL

CUL

\m/

lol! 
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 10:15 pm

chose Never Say Die without checking the poll first. Technical Ecstasy is the better album as far as studio sound goes, and delivers a little something from all their previous records.

Main reason I picked NSD is because not only do I love every song just as much as anything else they did before that, but ever since I seen the NEVER SAY DIE Lp mentioned anywhere online or in magazines or anywhere, conversations, most people who claim to be Black Sabbath-Ozzy era fans, always trash it.

Not just as a Sabbath fan, but just overall as a rock n roll/ metal fan, some of the best songs ever composed & performed - Johnny Blade, Junior's Eyes,  and the opener "Shock Wave"  is just as heavy and cutting as any of the standout bangers before ie. Sympton Of The Universe, Into The Void.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 12:33 am

corplhicks wrote:
Lari wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Lari wrote:
akeldama wrote:
Lari wrote:
IHA

I Hate Abbreviations?
Ding ding ding!

Or actually, "acronyms".

IDK. WWJD?
AIUI, he'd prob OK it.

Or DWISNWID

TANSTAAFL

CUL

\m/

lol! 

WTF?
Why That Face?
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 12:57 am

I always liked "Johnny Blade " from NSD  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd8pk9crPMY
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:43 am

Never Say Die for me. I used to be creeped out by the cover for some reason. My older brother had this on vinyl and i used to stare at the cover while playing this. I think I may have been 7 or 8 yrs old at the time. I noticed in the Avengers movie Iron Man was wearing a NSD t-shirt and I realized I had forgotten all about this album.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 8:45 am

I'm not slagging off on these two at all, I like them, but they're simply not as good as the first six, and they departed quite a bit from their sound and themes on these. Even Ozzy has said as much, Tony wanted them to start sounding like Foreigner and Queen. Album sales had slipped w/"Sabotage" for whatever reason and they panicked, figured they needed to change things up a bit, but it didn't work. Album sales plummeted w/TE, and never recovered. While there was a hint of their signature sound on these two, they were no where near as heavy as the previous ones, and when Dio came in, they went back to that, heavy, dark and brooding, they went back to being Sabbath!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 12:57 pm

Oh good grief, the only people that think Never Say Die and Technical Ecstacy "aren't Sabbath records" are metal heads too close-minded to appreciate anything beyond their incredibly narrow sphere of vision.

Where is this interview that Tony said he wanted Sabbath to sound like Foreigner and Queen? Sounds like bullshit to me.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:09 pm

It's in Ozzy's book, and I'm no total metal head, one of my favorite bands is The Doors! Plus I never said they weren't Sabbath lp's or that I didn't like them, just that they weren't as good, IMO, and that there was a noticeable change in the sound.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:10 pm

BTW, I never really considered Sabbath a metal band back in the day, just hard rock...heavy ass hard rock!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:41 pm

That comment wasn't directed at you, I was speaking from experience over the years that most people I've met who hate those two records are the knuckle-dragger variety of metal fans.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 5:46 pm

Like they're ultra-metal er something, they have no life 'till metal!  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 6:03 pm

So what DID you consider heavy metal back in 1976 if not Sabbath?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Here comes the derail!!!!  Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 37951 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die   Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy/Never Say Die
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next