Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy re-visited.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy re-visited. Empty
PostSubject: Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy re-visited.   Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy re-visited. Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:17 am

I never felt like I had a problem with Technical Ecstasy. It just kind of existed. I've never owned the CD, but I did have a vinyl copy I bought for a quarter a long time ago. I hadn't heard the album in, at least, 8 or 9 years. I listened to it today, twice in a row.

This record is sooooo good!

I know it doesn't get the same attention as the preceding records, which I understand. But it really is excellent. And "Back Street Kids" is as brilliant an opener as any other Sabbath album opener. I'm really hooked on this one right now. I hope there's a deluxe edition CD available.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy re-visited.   Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy re-visited. Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:53 pm

I think it's a decent album but is missing that certain something to make it even better. The opener (Back Street Kids) and closer (Dirty Women) are the best two tracks.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy re-visited.   Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy re-visited. Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Same thing happened to me last year, probably my most played Sabbath album in the last year (including 13) A truly great Sabbath record. Favorite tracks are probably You Won't Change Me & She's Gone I really love the melancholy vibe to these two songs, but the whole record is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy re-visited.   Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy re-visited. Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 7:41 am

I thought it was boring. Then again, I don't own it, and I haven't heard it in a long time.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy re-visited.   Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy re-visited. Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 11:57 am

I've always enjoyed this album. It is definitely a little weaker than other Sabbath releases, but I'll take weaker Sabbath over a lot of other stuff any day of the week.

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy re-visited.   Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy re-visited. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy re-visited.
Page 1 of 1