Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings

Go down 
+9
Troublezone
journeyman
mlotek
akeldama
jettafiend
corplhicks
manny
MetalGuy71
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 10:17 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Here's my preferred list:

The Extremist
S/T
Dreaming #11 EP
Crystal Planet
Not of this Earth
Flying in a Blue Dream
Surfing With the Alien

All the others sadly fall prey to self-cannibalization.

I really like:

The Extremist
S/T
Dreaming #11 EP
Not of this Earth
Flying in a Blue Dream
Surfing With the Alien

he lost me now though.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 10:42 pm

The Extremist is such a great disc, it should have won that Grammy in '93. There were such lyrical passages throughout that whole album without resorting to the hokiness (especially vocally) his earlier albums would occasionally befall. Simply solid from start to finish.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 12:01 am

corplhicks wrote:
The Extremist is such a great disc, it should have won that Grammy in '93. There were such lyrical passages throughout that whole album without resorting to the hokiness (especially vocally) his earlier albums would occasionally befall. Simply solid from start to finish.

and it is a great album to put on in the car and drive!

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 12:34 am

exact33 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

and it is a great album to put on in the car and drive!

Hell yeah. I played it loud and proud when I had my '79 Camaro. Summer Song alone got me doing 90 on the NB99.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am

For anyone who was on the fence about this box, check out Amazon UK's deal on it. 24.99 gbp, which will work out to probably $40-$45 even shipped with VAT taken out for those in the States.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HZ2M5KE/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B00HZ2M5KE&linkCode=as2&tag=superdeluxeed-21&linkId=2PU6CUJW4GH5VTCU
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 1:17 pm

Satriani is teaming up with Glenn Hughes and Chad Smith for his upcoming studio album "What Happens Next".

http://www.guitarworld.com/artist-news/joe-satriani-announces-new-album-what-happens-next-2018-g3-tour-john-petrucci-phil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2