Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings

Go down 
+9
Troublezone
journeyman
mlotek
akeldama
jettafiend
corplhicks
manny
MetalGuy71
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Empty
PostSubject: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 11:02 am

Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Satrianiboxset

Joe Satriani will release an anthology titled The Complete Studio Recordings on April 21 via Legacy Recordings.

The collection includes all 14 of the guitar virtuoso’s albums, along with an additional disc of rare recordings and performances. The set has been fully remastered under his watchful eye.

Satriani reports: “The only person who could pull this all together logistically and sonically was mastering engineer John Cuniberti. John and I have recorded quite a bit of music together going way back to the early eighties. I’ve made more records with John engineering and co-producing than anyone else, so who better to help me put this box set together the right way? His attention to detail has made this project exciting, illuminating and ultimately awesome-sounding.”

Joe Satriani: The Complete Studio Recordings comes as a box set with each disc contained in a replica album cover. A limited-edition USB stick version will also be available.

Contents

Not Of This Earth (1986)
Surfing With The Alien (1987)
Flying In A Blue Dream (1989)
The Extremist (1992)
Time Machine (1993)
Joe Satriani (1995)
Crystal Planet (1998)
Engines Of Creation (2000)
Strange Beautiful Music (2002)
Is There Love In Space? (2004)
Super Colossal (2006)
Professor Satchafunkilus And The Musterion Of Rock (2008)
Black Swans And Wormhole Wizards (2010)
Unstoppable Momentum (2013)
Additional Creations And Bonus Tracks

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 11:04 am

I could be interested in this if the price was right. I'm not a huge instrumental guy, but Satch has that little something that keeps me interested when I'm in the mood. Since I only have a few albums, this would fill-in the gaps nicely.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 12:24 pm

If I did not have a few of those albums I would make the plunge and buy it
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 12:41 pm

I'd get this,depending on the price. I like everything I've heard from him.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 1:25 pm

I would buy this except that I own everything up to Crystal Planet, and it was after that point that he started running out of ideas.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 3:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I could be interested in this if the price was right. I'm not a huge instrumental guy, but Satch has that little something that keeps me interested when I'm in the mood. Since I only have a few albums, this would fill-in the gaps nicely.

x2
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 7:18 pm

I have all his albums including 'Additional Creations' and also a boot of some unreleased so I wont be getting this but I'd like to see exactly what unreleased stuff he will have. I's sure it's more than the rarities, etc. that I have.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 9:52 pm

oh. this is cd's.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:10 am

Cool. I already own all of the albums, so if I get this it would be for the extra cd.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:08 am

Right now, Amazon has this listed for $104.65 (+ free shipping!!), so that pretty much puts it outta my price range. Unless those dead hooker kidneys I posted on Craigslist get a buyer stat!

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Studio-Recordings-Joe-Satriani/dp/B00HZ2M5KE/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1392044713&sr=1-1&keywords=joe+satriani+complete+studio+recordings

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:18 pm

If the price is right, I may consider getting it.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:30 pm

What does everyone think is his most "proggy" release in the 2000's? 'Crystal Planet' and 'Engines of Creation' are my favorite Satriani releases. With his creativity, I've really wanted to hear him go past redux of 'The Extremist' or other past releases in that kind of compact song format..
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 3:12 pm

'Strange Beautiful Music' is my fave album, from "Satchifunkilus" to the newest one I haven't been as impressed. 'Engines Of Creation' has some good stuff on it but most of it is even better live like "Devil's Slide" from 'Live In SF'.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:30 pm

That's pretty sweet - it's tempting...
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 8:04 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
What does everyone think is his most "proggy" release in the 2000's? 'Crystal Planet' and 'Engines of Creation' are my favorite Satriani releases. With his creativity, I've really wanted to hear him go past redux of 'The Extremist' or other past releases in that kind of compact song format..
I would consider just about everything Satriani has done to be progressive in at least the way he is always exploring. I find his albums to be another story, another journey, a chapter. None of his albums are the same, cause they all express the experiences and progression of his life musically and otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:50 pm

I don't know if this is appropriate to post, but better to beg forgiveness than ask permission...

For those on the fence about this, blowitoutahere.com has it listed for $67.89. I found a coupon code "APRIL2014" that gave me 10% off on top of that, so it ended up running me 66 and change with Priority shipping.

Some cash left in my Paypal balance from eBay sales and I only ended up shelling out 30 for the thing, so I'm feeling mighty pleased with myself at the moment.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 1:27 pm

I've been slowly picking up the individual discs at a fraction of the cost. Sure, I won't get the "bonus" material in the box set, but when you can purchase some of his older albums for as little as a penny (plus shipping), I ain't gonna get my boxers in a twist over it.

The $30 that you paid is a good deal though. Congrats!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 1:49 pm

Some of these sets are great value (the Blue Oyster Cult box was a gem), but some are just cardboard sleeves with cds, no new material, no new masters, not so much as a booklet written by some guy who happened to lose his virginity to the band's music and felt the need to eulogize how utterly awesome they were.

Fortunately, it looks like Satch was personally involved with this one... Though the USB version on his site that is shaped like his head is one of those marketing ideas that probably only would have made sense in the 50s...

That said, if you can get these sets cheap enough and don't have the other stuff on cd.. Great way to get the collection in one go.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 2:49 pm

I hear ya. I purchased the ZZ Top Complete Album set that way. Yea, they're fairly cheap with just a cardboard sleeve, but I got their whole discography up to Recycler for under $30. And more importantly, they have the original mix and real drums, not the 80's remixed versions. Totally worth it in that respect.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 3:25 pm

I have a soft spot for the Sixpack mixes because that was the first I heard non-radio ZZ Top courtesy of my Dad, but I do have to cop to the originals being superior.

And yeah, that set was BEYOND sweet when it came out. Not that I would have minded some rarities as bonus tracks or a book, but I think I'll find something to console myself with in that mountain of tunage. Smile
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:03 pm

akeldama wrote:
I have all his albums including 'Additional Creations' and also a boot of some unreleased so I wont be getting this but I'd like to see exactly what unreleased stuff he will have. I's sure it's more than the rarities, etc. that I have.

Since I have all his albums and the Additional Creations EP a friend of mine hooked me up w/the bonus tracks and they are all different from the unreleased Satch stuff I have and I must say all the bonus tracks songs are great and should have been tracks on their respective albums.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 11:42 am

I'm still working my way through the set, but aside from a few albums that added unnecessary vocalists, I've liked everything I've heard.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 12:31 pm

Here's my preferred list:

The Extremist
S/T
Dreaming #11 EP
Crystal Planet
Not of this Earth
Flying in a Blue Dream
Surfing With the Alien

All the others sadly fall prey to self-cannibalization.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 2:29 pm

corplhicks wrote:

The Extremist
S/T
Dreaming #11 EP
Crystal Planet
Not of this Earth
Flying in a Blue Dream
Surfing With the Alien

I've got all those, with the exception being Not of This Earth and add Time Machine, and I kinda feel the same way. That's enough Satch in my collection to scratch my itch for now. I would like to get Not of This Earth eventually though. After Crystal Planet, he got a little too "out there" for my tastes.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 3:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

The Extremist
S/T
Dreaming #11 EP
Crystal Planet
Not of this Earth
Flying in a Blue Dream
Surfing With the Alien

I've got all those, with the exception being Not of This Earth and add Time Machine, and I kinda feel the same way. That's enough Satch in my collection to scratch my itch for now. I would like to get Not of This Earth eventually though. After Crystal Planet, he got a little too "out there" for my tastes.

I forgot to throw Time Machine in there, that was a decent enough collection of odds and ends. I'd put it up there.

Satch has sort of become the James Horner of guitarists. Middle Eastern scaling became his crutch as he ran out of melodies. Also the techno thing didn't work to well, such as the unbearable Engines of Creation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings   Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe Satriani - The Complete Studio Recordings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: