Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?

Go down 
+23
ZombieHavoc
manny
brokentulsa
ultmetal
nevermore
Shawn Of Fire
journeyman
Required Fields
James B.
Boris2008
tohostudios
akeldama
Witchfinder
candlemass
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
glassprison
iamrockerfun
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
jettafiend
JBall_Z
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Empty
PostSubject: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:08 pm

I'm kind of curious what you would like to see KISS do in 2014?  Would you like to see a reunion tour with Ace and Peter, another tour with Tommy and Eric, a new album, or a reunion album?  Maybe you'd like to see them hang up their boots and call it quits.  Let us know.

As for me, I'd like to see a new album with the current line-up produced by Rick Rubin. Whether or not they tour this year, I don't really care.  I've seen them three times since Sonic Boom was released, but I'm always ready for a new KISS album.

Sorry, this was supposed to fall under the official KISS thread.

Last edited by JBall_Z on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:09 pm

RETIRE!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:15 pm

jettafiend wrote:
RETIRE!!

Took the digital words right outta my mouth.  Razz I'd rather see them go away moreso than Motley.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:21 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
RETIRE!!

Took the digital words right outta my mouth.  Razz I'd rather see them go away moreso than Motley.

I sort of have to agree with this also. As much as I was pleasantly surprised by "Sonic Boom", I didn't think much of "Monster". I haven't really been enamored with a KISS album since "Asylum", though "Revenge" had its moments. I think the fact that they've continued to wear the makeup since the departure of Ace and Peter is disgraceful. The set lists aren't very diverse. What you expect to hear is the same thing night in and night out. I think the ship has sailed...
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:27 pm

retire as motley crue did right know.

i like em but they are starting to be the parody of themselves. obviously $immon$ and co. dunno what to do with $ and still have not enough $. they should do it after RnRHoF.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:45 pm

I didn't like Monster as much as Sonic Boom, but it was still a decent album in my mind; I'm usually not one to say a band should quit touring, but Paul's voice has sounded terrible at recent live performances. I would imagine they would be best off taking the year off. I hope his vocal problems are not permanent, but either way, there is no way another tour would help.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:49 pm

I guess I'm the only one who dug Monster? Wow, I really am a fanboy.

...but anyway, if they wanna kick down one more album to ride the wave of RNR-HOF notoriety and then pack it in, I'd be fine with that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:55 pm

I'd like to see one more album out of them if not this year,then the next. I think Sonic Boom and Monster were both solid releases from them and I think they can pull out another one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Get sued by Ace & Peter and be forced to pay them each millions of dollars.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 4:13 pm

S.D. wrote:

I like that idea! Maybe even Vinnie should get a little piece of the pie...then again maybe not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 4:15 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I like that idea! Maybe even Vinnie should get a little piece of the pie...then again maybe not.

Also add:

Gene gets busted for tax evasion and goes to prison.

Paul FINALLY comes out of the closet.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 4:16 pm

I think they should do a Las Vegas residency.......

Laughing very hard 

For the record, I like Monster but don't feel it's as good as Sonic Boom.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 4:19 pm

S.D. wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Also add:

Paul FINALLY comes out of the closet.  

That would mean Shannon would have to try and resurrect her "B" movie career at age 56. Hell, what would those spoiled kids of theirs do for a living?
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 4:19 pm

Kiss off!  Razz 
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 4:26 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Laughing very hard 

I didn't mind Monster either, but if they went out on that note and I never heard another new album again, I wouldn't be fussed by it. They had a good run.

I could see them doing a Vegas thing, but with other musicians in their place. "The KISS Experience now playing at Caesars".

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 5:01 pm

I'd like them to release another album in the vein of Sonic Boom/Monster.

I have to laugh at people that get on Kiss because of their business savy yet lap up whatever crap Iron Maiden has slapped their name to. Maiden is just as guilty of over-merchandising as Kiss.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 5:54 pm

Retire. Monster was a huge letdown IMO.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 6:18 pm

I'd like to see them do one more album but only if they put in the time to write a decent record like Sonic Boom was.  Not a fan of Monster at all. 

So I'm OK if they want to put out one more album and take a few years writing it if it turns out more like Sonic Boom and less like Monster (which I think sounded "forced")

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 6:23 pm

1. Discover a cure for cancer
2. Make the world's largest Jaffa Cake.
3. Gene to enter a monastery undertaking a strict vow of silence.

I also like S.D's suggestions  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 6:41 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
3. Gene to enter a monastery undertaking a strict vow of silence.

Laughing very hard

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 6:56 pm

Play a few songs with the original four at HOF induction w/out make up

Maybe do some intimate club shows with all former members (no make up) for the 40th anniversary and call it a day.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:42 pm

S.D. wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:44 am

The four original members of Kiss record two albums and then call it a day. No outside writers or musicians, just Gene, Peter, Paul and Ace.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:30 am

Witchfinder wrote:
I'd like them to release another album in the vein of Sonic Boom/Monster.

I have to laugh at people that get on Kiss because of their business savy yet lap up whatever crap Iron Maiden has slapped their name to.  Maiden is just as guilty of over-merchandising as Kiss.  

Totally agree with everything.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:37 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Laughing very hard 

I didn't mind Monster either, but if they went out on that note and I never heard another new album again, I wouldn't be fussed by it. They had a good run.

I could see them doing a Vegas thing, but with other musicians in their place. "The KISS Experience now playing at Caesars".

I'm sure Gene's been trying to make that work! Every ticket comes with a discounted round of KISS Mini-Golf (which you have to drive to or take a taxi since it's off strip)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?   What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Would You Like To See KISS Do In 2014?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next