Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM

Go down 
+23
mc666
akeldama
iamrockerfun
glassprison
Boris2008
ultmetal
jettafiend
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
metalinmyveins
ZombieHavoc
manny
Witchfinder
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
MetallicSeminarian
journeyman
stepcousin
MoonChild
Troublezone
corplhicks
brokentulsa
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:05 pm

Pretty much. What kind of manager would prevent you from joining VH?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:07 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

That's what I'm saying...I doubt HIS manager talked him out of it...I bet VH's manager talked EVH out of it and into Cherone because he was also Cherone's manager (= more $$ for him).

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 2:05 pm

I thought Cherone went out of his way to out hagar the sammy albums...his voice sounded different on VH album to me than on extreme's albums... Anyway..I thought III was ok but not as bad as Diver Down or OU812 was for me... I did notice that when Roth left the Van Halen sound changed to a more smooth top 40 AOR sound for sure..
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 4:02 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

That's what I'm saying...I doubt HIS manager talked him out of it...I bet VH's manager talked EVH out of it and into Cherone because he was also Cherone's manager (= more $$ for him).

I never heard of Mitch was his ass til the tail end of last year. Suddenly stories start appearing and a few youtube clips of the guy singing Van Halen standards with the band appear. I do not doubt he was up for the job but I do not believe for one minute he 'left' the band.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:26 pm

If they ever did an entire album w/DLR that sounded like the 2 songs from The Best Of Volume 1 I'd go with said hypothetical album...
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 4:40 am

I personally like Van Hagar better myself, I don't think it's drivel at all.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:46 am

MoonChild wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
VH III

I'll take any Roth or Hagar album over that pile.

There goes!

That is my take as well.

VHIII ($hit)  WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 352445 WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 46812 Sleep don\'t know Suspect 

This one gets my vote too
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:34 pm

Diver Down gets my vote for worst album, the original songs aren't bad, but the covers and other tracks are weak.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:37 pm

Diver Down would've made a great ep:

1. Where Have All The Good Times Gone?
2. Hang 'Em High
3. Secrets
4. Pretty Woman
5. Little Guitars
6. The Full Bug.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:42 pm

The good material on Diver Down is MILES better than anything they did with Hagar.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:02 pm

S.D. wrote:
The good material on Diver Down is MILES better than anything they did with Hagar.
Disagree, even the good songs on DD struck me as kinda forgettable compared to the rest of their discography.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:03 pm

I also hate Sammy Hagar more than just about anything else I can think of, he's right up there with paying taxes and diarrhea.

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:09 pm

I think he's very talented and I love pretty much everything he puts out. Standing Hampton is a damn good rock and roll album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:14 pm

I didn't say he wasn't talented, I just CAN'T STAND HIM.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:16 pm

Well to each their own, I personally can't stand David Lee Roth myself.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:18 pm

S.D. wrote:

I agree 1000000%
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:00 pm

S.D. wrote:
I also hate Sammy Hagar more than just about anything else I can think of, he's right up there with paying taxes and diarrhea.  

Laughing very hard 

I'm glad there's two of us around here. To list all the reasons I find him more repulsive than Chad Kroeger and Fred Durst would take several threads.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 10:57 pm

corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Laughing very hard 

I'm glad there's two of us around here. To list all the reasons I find him more repulsive than Chad Kroeger and Fred Durst would take several threads.
I like both of them as well.
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 11:21 pm

I like both Roth and Hagar. My vote for the worst album would be VH III.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:34 pm

Not a huge fan, but I personally was disappointed with that new one they released a few
years ago, don't even remember the name of it. Tattoo was ok but everything else kinda
sucked for me, that album is a close 2nd to VH III for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM   WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WORST VAN HALEN ALBUM
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4