Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition

Go down 
+23
Getizzyback
Vexer6
ultmetal
brokentulsa
HellRaiser
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
martinsane
chewie
Troublezone
manny
ZombieHavoc
Citanul
MoonChild
MetallicSeminarian
Eyesore
corplhicks
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:26 pm

God how I hate Shadow Life.....as for the all new and improved Slang, why not?

I wasn't Ga Ga over it when it came out but I liked like 3 or 4 songs ok, maybe they left
the best tracks off and I will like the album better? Probably not, but nevertheless I am
curious.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 3:25 am

Getizzyback wrote:
God how I hate Shadow Life.....as for the all new and improved Slang, why not?

I wasn't Ga Ga over it when it came out but I liked like 3 or 4 songs ok, maybe they left
the best tracks off and I will like the album better? Probably not, but nevertheless I am
curious.

There are just two truly unreleased songs, "Move On Up" and "All On Your Touch." Both rough demos and neither great. Those songs that appear unreleased are really just early versions of songs that ended up on the album. Different, but not vastly different. And none, in my opinion, are superior.

But I guess if you've never heard any of the single b-sides and stuff there is plenty of "new" material to dig into.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 6:41 am

Once I heard "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and "Let's Get Rocked", I was done w/them!  sick 
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 9:50 am

I saw this yesterday. I was hoping it was going to look like their previous deluxe editions in that thick digi pack not an old school double jewel case. Not a big deal but I liked how those other ones looked on my shelf haha. I didn't pick this but will eventually if I find it cheap.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:41 pm

My local Walmart had it for ten bucks.  I had some gift cards to blow and figured why not?.  It's not a bad album to my ears.  I've accepted it's what Def Leppard is these days.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 4:46 pm

jstate wrote:
My local Walmart had it for ten bucks.  I had some gift cards to blow and figured why not?.  It's not a bad album to my ears.  I've accepted it's what Def Leppard is these days.

But they're not. That was a one-time thing. =)
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 5:06 pm

I stopped buying their albums after Adrenalize - loved Hysteria and Pyromania as a kid. Today though On Through The Night is my favorite DL album. I may have to give their other albums a shot.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:25 pm

I guess the bonus material is somewhat interesting if you are a die-hard fan, but I wouldn't say it is worth rebuying this album for the extra tracks. I do wish they would have done a proper recording of "Move On Up"--that's favorite track of all the bonus material. Viv sounds great on vocals.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 8:40 am

I wish my Walmart would have had it when I looked...  angry 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 9:51 pm

I think that their first three albums are classics. On Through The Night, High N Dry and Pyromania.
Today I sold off a few CDs and could only get trade for some of them, so I bought Slang just to see
how it was. It is very commercial, even more so than Hysteria if that is even possible
Anyway - I do not know what to think really but I will give it a few more listens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 9:28 pm

Thelemech wrote:
I think that their first three albums are classics. On Through The Night, High N Dry and Pyromania.
Add the 1979 EP and 1978 demos to your list, and that's pretty much all the evidence that you have of them being a hard rock band back then. They've been sugary ballad boys since then.

Pete Willis was the real deal, even if he did play that AOR shit with Roadhouse for some time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3