Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition

Go down 
+23
Getizzyback
Vexer6
ultmetal
brokentulsa
HellRaiser
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
martinsane
chewie
Troublezone
manny
ZombieHavoc
Citanul
MoonChild
MetallicSeminarian
Eyesore
corplhicks
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Empty
PostSubject: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 4:38 pm

A Deluxe edition of Def Leppard's Slang is coming February 10th. For everyone that ignored this album upon it's initial release back in 1996, here's your chance to ignore it again. Only this time with a bonus disc of unreleased tracks!!

"Slang Deluxe Edition" track listings:

CD / Digital Edition

Disc 1

01. Truth?
02. Turn To Dust
03. Slang
04. All I Want Is Everything
05. Work It Out
06. Breathe A Sigh
07. Deliver Me
08. Gift Of Flesh
09. Blood Runs Cold
10. Where Does Love Go When It Dies
11. Pearl Of Euphoria
12. Move With Me Slowly
13. Truth? (Original Version)
14. Burn Out
15. Worlds Collide
16. Can't Keep Away From The Flame

Disc 2

01. Turn To Dust (1st Draft)
02. Raise Your Love
03. All I Want Is Everything (1st Draft)
04. Work It Out (1st Draft)
05. Breathe A Sigh (Rough Mix)
06. Deliver Me (Rough Mix)
07. Black Train
08. Blood Runs Cold (Rough Mix)
09. Where Does Love Go When It Dies (1st Draft)
10. Pearl Of Euphoria (Rough Mix)
11. All On Your Touch (2012 Revisit)
12. Anger Me (Deliver Me -1st Draft)
13. Move On Up (Viv Demo)
14. Gift Of Flesh (Phil Vocal)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 4:50 pm

Yep.... I will be ignoring this one again.... (comic book guy voice) worst Def Leppard album ever!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 4:53 pm

Excellent rock/pop album. Not standard DL by any stretch, but it showcased the depth of talent and influence within the band.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 4:57 pm

I remember my old roommate getting this as a new release and we thought it was terrible. I haven't heard it since then, so I'd probably be a little more open-minded to it in 2014. That being said, I have no desire to listen to either the original or this deluxe version.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 5:14 pm

File this one under "least essential reissue"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 5:17 pm

It's sort of grown on me but I won't be getting the reissue.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 6:24 pm

And they're doing this becaaaaaause...??

On a side note, Winery Dogs is releasing TWO, count it TWO new versions of their debut this year, a special edition and a deluxe edition. What the F*ck.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 7:23 pm

Blah... I'll pass
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 7:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

LOL!!! My brother keeps trying to convince me that it's a good album "once you get used to it..." I still don't like it
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 8:08 pm

I was actually a Leppard fan before this came out. I kid you not, it KILLED my interest. I'm talking, bought it on release day without hearing any negative reactions, tried to like it several times, sold my entire Leppard collection. Overreaction? Absolutely, but I was just a kid. Unfortunately I did allow it to taint my appreciation of the band.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:29 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Because it's a great album. And I can't wait, especially for the unreleased tracks. The released b-sides from that era are great too.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 11:24 pm

One of the few Lep albums I've never listened to. I might check it out for curiosity's sake. I like some usually disliked albums.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 12:07 am

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
One of the few Lep albums I've never listened to. I might check it out for curiosity's sake. I like some usually disliked albums.

The album is just stripped down and slightly more modern in style. It's funny, really, because people complain about their highly-polished style, the big over-produced sound...you know, the trademark Def Leppard sound; and the moment they moved away from that, the very same people complained. Typical fan stuff, right?

The only song I really don't care for is "Gift of Flesh." It's good, but the alt-rock/punk vibe would have been better suited for Phil's Manraze project than a Def Leppard album. But there are many great tunes on the album. "Pearl of Euphoria," for instance, sounds like a Promised Land-era Queensryche tune. It's one of my favorite Lep tunes.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 12:58 am

No thanks Wink
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:19 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Excellent rock/pop album. Not standard DL by any stretch, but it showcased the depth of talent and influence within the band.

I agree. I think it was a brave attempt at them trying something different. It didn't work, but a band changing their sound is always a risk and I don't think you can't blame them for trying.

It's been a long time since I actually listened to it, but from what I remember it was a bit all over the place when it came to the song styles. I don't think that was a bad thing (it's no more varied than some of the early Queen albums), but maybe a more cohesive album might have been better received.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:46 am

Def Leppard is one of the only bands that I liked as a kid that I never went back and checked out all the stuff I missed/skipped over. I've owned everything up through Hysteria, and heard the singles from Adrenaline, but I have never heard a note beyond that.

One day I'll look into it, but who knows when that will be since the only stuff on Spotify is a couple lives records, and I'm not really willing at this stage in my life to buy a bunch of albums I may or may not hate.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:48 am

Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Because it's a great album.

Exactly.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:57 am

Citanul wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I agree.  I think it was a brave attempt at them trying something different.  It didn't work, but a band changing their sound is always a risk and I don't think you can't blame them for trying.

It may not have worked financially...but it worked very well artistically.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 9:19 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

LOL!!! My brother keeps trying to convince me that it's a good album "once you get used to it..." I still don't like it

Now that the door is open, I'm waiting for the deluxe reissues of "Van Halen III," Dokken's "Shadowlife," and Warrant's "Belly to Belly." Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 9:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Now that the door is open, I'm waiting for the deluxe reissues of "Van Halen III," Dokken's "Shadowlife," and Warrant's "Belly to Belly." Laughing very hard

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Shadowlife actually aged well. I hated it for the longest time. Then, a few years ago, something clicked. Now I dig it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:06 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I am friends with your brother on FB and I agree with him Leo, underrated Def Leppard platter, just ignore the title track!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:15 pm

After the Hysteria album and Steve Clark's death, I lost interest. Maybe if they allowed Viv Campbell to play more and contribute to the music, it would make a difference.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:15 am

Troublezone wrote:
After the Hysteria album and Steve Clark's death, I lost interest. Maybe if they allowed Viv Campbell to play more and contribute to the music, it would make a difference.

Well, since you lost interest you are apparently unaware that Campbell has contributed plenty.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:55 am

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Shadowlife actually aged well. I hated it for the longest time. Then, a few years ago, something clicked. Now I dig it.

Same here. I had sold it and then re-bought it later. "Sweet Life" has a killer blues groove, the bonus track "Deep Waters" is really good and, if I remember correctly, so is the Jeff Pilson sung "Here I Stand" .

I like Belly to Belly, as well. I also dig the Paul Laine fronted Danger Danger albums and Rubber/Harem Scarem albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition   Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Def Leppard's SLANG Deluxe Edition
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next