Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Black Label Society Album

Go down 
+11
Lari
Witchfinder
ZombieHavoc
journeyman
BillRoxx
martinsane
Troublezone
Eyesore
MetalRob331
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Black Label Society Album - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 11:13 am

Troublezone wrote:
I got it the other day and I like it, but it's one of those albums that needs to grow on you.

Sounds about right. It didn't grab me right out the box, but a few spins over the weekend and it's starting to catch on. Too early to say where it will fare by the end of the year or in the overall BLS discography, but it's decent enough.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 11:37 am

I got it and have listened to it a couple of times.  It has a lot of mid-paced songs to start as well as several ballads.  The heavier/speedier material appears to be in the back half of the album.  Also, I am getting a big Alice In Chains vibe from this album.  So far, I prefer Order of the Black to this, but I'll keep listening to let it sink in further.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 11:41 am

Witchfinder wrote:
It has a lot of mid-paced songs to start 

Yea, that's one thing that I noticed. He's slowed down some. Also, no instrumentals on this one. Zakk's usually good for at least one short shred-fest instrumental per album. Not so this time.

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Black Label Society Album
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3