Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Black Label Society Album

Go down 
+11
Lari
Witchfinder
ZombieHavoc
journeyman
BillRoxx
martinsane
Troublezone
Eyesore
MetalRob331
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 4:55 pm

I haven't bought a BLS release since Mafia. That video with Zakk that Eyesore posted is pretty cool though.

I own their 5 albums from Stronger than Death up to Mafia. Then I kind of lost interest. I think the Blessed Hellride was the best.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 5:21 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Zakk seems much more focused since he got sober

Really? When did that happen?

Quote :
But dang whats with those hobbiton/warlock/vampire finger nails on his picking hand.

I couldn't pay attention to what he was playing. All I could focus on was the werewolf fingernails. Gross.

He stopped drinking a couple of years ago.  The blood clots in his legs and his wife kicking him out finally got him to sober up.  

Oh yea, I remember that. The blood clot thing. I guess I just assumed he went back to the sauce once that cleared up. Well, good for him if he's holding it together. Looking forward to the new album.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Cover & track listing...

New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Blacklabelcatacombscover
"Catacombs Of The Black Vatican" track listing:

01. Fields Of Unforgiveness
02. My Dying Time
03. Believe
04. Angel Of Mercy
05. Heart Of Darkness
06. Beyond The Down
07. Scars
08. Damn The Flood
09. I've Gone Away
10. Empty Promises
11. Shades Of Gray
12. Dark Side Of The Sun (bonus track)
13. The Nomad (bonus track)

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 5:24 pm

I see he's gone his usual cheery route of butterflies and rainbows.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:16 am

I made a poll

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t20771-best-black-label-society-album
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:01 am

I'm woefully behind on my BLS collection. I only have the debut. I need to get caught up big time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:14 am

007 wrote:
I'm woefully behind on my BLS collection. I only have the debut. I need to get caught up big time.

Someone may try and tell you that if you have one BLS album, you have enough because they all sound the same or they all suck anyway. Don't believe them. They are douchebags and not your friends. My only advice would be to skip the acoustic and live albums for now. Nice additions but not essential.

There are 2 or 3 different 'Best of' collections out there as well. If you're going that route, check the track listings and choose wisely.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:27 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
007 wrote:

Someone may try and tell you that if you have one BLS album, you have enough because they all sound the same or they all suck anyway. Don't believe them. They are douchebags and not your friends. My only advice would be to skip the acoustic and live albums for now. Nice additions but not essential.

There are 2 or 3 different 'Best of' collections out there as well. If you're going that route, check the track listings and choose wisely.

Oh I'll definitely be getting these some day as I like the debut. I'm sure the others wouldn't dissapoint. This is just one of those situations where there's too many cds and not enough funding.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 4:14 am

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 11:39 am

Good tune !
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 6:00 pm

007 wrote:
Good tune !

I think so,too. I liked it much better than I thought I would.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:48 pm

Like that new tune!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:38 am

Bump. New album comes out tomorrow.

The Deluxe version with bonus tracks (and dvd maybe?) is on sale at Best Buy for $11.99. Regular version is $9.99

EDIT: No dvd. The Deluxe version is just a digipack with 2 bonus tracks. They are also selling a deluxe package with a BLS t-shirt exclusive to Best Buy for $27.99 if that floats your boat.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 3:57 pm

It shall be mine!

And I agree with the comment above. Those who say "if you have one album you have them all" are dinks. I never owned an AC/DC album until about three years ago because I listened to people say the same crap about them.

People seem to confuse a band having a signature sound with every song being a copy of all the other songs.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 6:34 am

Just listened to the short samples on Amazon. Sounds like a great album, but it also sounds a lot like his Pride & Glory album. At least it seems to have more of a southern rock thing going on.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:38 am

Eyesore wrote:
Just listened to the short samples on Amazon. Sounds like a great album, but it also sounds a lot like his Pride & Glory album. At least it seems to have more of a southern rock thing going on.

Ick! Don't tell me that. That's my least-liked album. blech 

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:40 am

I just listened to the whole thing on Spotify and I don't think it sounds anything like the Pride & Glory album. This new one is really good with a decent amount of diversity.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 12:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Naw, brother. P&G was flawed but a solid album nonetheless. You're just losin' your mind.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 5:09 pm

corplhicks wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Naw, brother. P&G was flawed but a solid album nonetheless. You're just losin' your mind.

Jeffrey Phillip Wielandt from Bayonne NJ has no business trying to be Gregg Allman.  Razz 

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 5:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Jeffrey Phillip Wielandt from Bayonne NJ has no business trying to be Gregg Allman.  Razz 

I'm not too far from there LOL!!

Back on subject, I gave this album a complete listen and I feel highly let down. The only songs I enjoyed were Angel of Mercy and Shades of Gray. Maybe it will grow on me?

Also to be noted, as great of a drummer as Chad Szeliga is. His style isn't meant for BLS IMO!!
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:13 pm

Was excited to go pick this up today, wont have a chance to listen til tomorrow but looking forward! The samples sound awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 10:31 pm

Wow! I am enjoying this one! Surprised more people haven't chimmed in here! This is one of his best releases! I am truly enjoying it! Probably one of my top 10 for 2014! At least So far that is!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:14 am

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 9:48 am

BillRoxx wrote:
Wow! I am enjoying this one! Surprised more people haven't chimmed in here! This is one of his best releases! I am truly enjoying it! Probably one of my top 10 for 2014! At least So far that is!

I just picked it up yesterday. I've given it a few spins and I like it ok. Something sounds different to me with this album. The change is subtle and I can't quite put my finger on it yet, but something is missing or changed. Not sure if that's a bad thing or a good thing. Time will tell.

It still sounds like BLS though and that's ok with me. It probably won't gain any new fans, but old fans should enjoy it.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 9:57 am

I got it the other day and I like it, but it's one of those albums that needs to grow on you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Black Label Society Album
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next