Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Schenker!

Go down 
+7
YngwieDokkenfan
TrogDawn
mr.electric39
spiritoradio
bgast1
krokus
ultmetal
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 2:35 pm

Any Michael Schenker fans? If so, what would you say is the ULTIMATUM Schenker? I'd go with "Rock Bottom" from Strangers in the Night.

Schenker! 604261
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 3:20 pm

I love MSG (specialy all the albums released in the 80s including with Robin), and UFO of course, with and without SCHENKER. I think that all those increible 80s albums by UFO are underated.
Back to top Go down

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 7:13 pm

Always has been one of mine top 3 guitarists. Going to see him in Milwaukee in a couple of weeks!

Fav tune would have to be - "Ready to Rock/Attack of the Mad Axeman" off MSG. That is 2 songs, but they flow so well into each other, that ya can't hear just one!
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 9:05 pm

Rock Bottom, Love to Love
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 9:17 pm

Hey bgast! Good to see you posting again.

Rock Bottom is a great choice. Which version do you prefer? I always thought the live version of Strangers was the ultimate.

Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 12:55 am

I saw a live version on video with Uli Jon Roth sometime back. Pretty good version. I don't really have much of a preference, I like the song just about any way I hear it. I a live in Tokyo 1997 DVD, and I like that version too. But for some reason I just can't get into David Van Landing's vocals as much as I would like on that DVD. On the other hand I quite enjoyed Leif Sundin's vocals.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 7:20 pm

The Scorpions our touring this summer and on the bill with them in England anyway are Uli Jon Roth and MSG, talk about a fantastic concert to see.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 7:41 pm

I never got into Schenker per se... however there were always songs here and there that I loved...

Rock Bottom, Lights Out.... Doctor Doctor.... he is a great player....

Frankly He's been one of those guys were a solid "Greatest hits" would suffice... not enough cash to get the back catalog.... I did that with Thin Lizzy... Live Life simply kills.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 11:57 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Fav tune would have to be - "Ready to Rock/Attack of the Mad Axeman" off MSG. That is 2 songs, but they flow so well into each other, that ya can't hear just one!
Add the next song, "On and On", to that grouping and I'm with ya, bro! 🤘

And then throw in the entire Obsession album by UFO and you're just about there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:34 am

krokus wrote:
I love MSG (specialy all the albums released in the 80s including with Robin), and UFO of course, with and without SCHENKER. I think that all those increible 80s albums by UFO are underated.

Right there with ya, Krokus. M.S.G. rules!!!!!The early M.S.G. albums were awesome, as were the ones with McCauley and his stuff after that. Written in the Sand from 1996 is excellent, as is The Unforgiven World Tour from 1999. Perfect Timing with McCauley is also one of my favorites. My least favorite M.S.G. album would be the final album he did with McCauley. This one just didn't have the Schenker magic. I still enjoy this album, just not as much as other M.S.G.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:27 am

I love Michael Schenker one of my favorite guitar players, ulimate Schenker tunes IMO are either " Rock Bottom" due to the killer solo from 'Strangers in the Night" with UFO, with MSG it would have to be " Desert Song" just love that song. When it became McAuley-Schenker Group for a short while I did not care for it as much, final straw came with the album " Save Yourself" it sounded like it could be any pop metal band.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:09 pm

Rock Bottom for sure. I also have to agree with Attack Of The Mad Axe Man.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:51 pm

Big Schenker fan, I'd also go with Rock Bottom.
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 12:25 am

manny wrote:
I love Michael Schenker one of my favorite guitar players, ulimate Schenker tunes IMO are either " Rock Bottom" due to the killer solo from 'Strangers in the Night" with UFO, with MSG it would have to be " Desert Song" just love that song. When it became McAuley-Schenker Group for a short while I did not care for it as much, final straw came with the album " Save Yourself" it sounded like it could be any pop metal band.

Save Yourself and especially the self-titled and final McAuley Schenker album that came after that were, IMO, Schenker's literal rock bottom. If you haven't heard some of the later M.S.G., though, you are missing some amazing stuff. Written in the Sand gets back to the way M.S.G. is supposed to sound. He shreds up a storm here again, plays with beauty, and just kicks total tail. The songs are also really good again. The songs either kick butt or, or are really beautiful. The contrast between the aggressive faster songs and the melodic slower songs is just awesome. If most people hadn't been listening to grunge garbage like The Smashing Pumpkins in 1996, I think this album would have sold like the early albums.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 1:00 am

Love the UFO material, but to me, when I think of Michael Shenker, I'm thinking of the first four MSG albums. Every one a classic, but especially the fourth one, Built To Destroy.

Ultimate song? Captain Nemo. 🤘
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:37 am

" Built to Destroy" an underlooked Schenker classic, btw I have the CD version of this, and the song "Walk the Stage" is called "Rock will Never Die " on my vinyl version, what's up with the name change for the song, anyone know?

Back to the topic, excellent album, it seems that it was an album that he was leaning more toward American radio play but still love this album and "Captain Nemo" is one of his best instrumentals.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 4:16 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Love the UFO material, but to me, when I think of Michael Shenker, I'm thinking of the first four MSG albums. Every one a classic, but especially the fourth one, Built To Destroy.

I forgot about Captain Nemo, that song does rock!
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 12:49 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:

Captain Nemo 🤘 Yes!!!!Definitely the best tune on an awesome album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Schenker! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schenker!   Schenker! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Schenker!
Page 1 of 1