Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.

Go down 
+7
the sentinel
manny
nevermore
Troublezone
glassprison
Dark Horseman
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Empty
PostSubject: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 6:35 pm

McAuley still sounds pretty good and this is about what I'd expect these guys to sound like.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 12:54 am

It sounds awesome. I couldn't really identify McAuley's voice at first, but when the chorus kicked in it really clicked and took me back to those MSG albums. Really looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 10:01 am

Anton LaVey on drums.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 3:34 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Anton LaVey on drums.

lol!

Song is pretty good.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 5:20 pm

nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Anton LaVey on drums.

lol!

Song is pretty good.

Yeah. Always been a Reb Beach fan.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 6:18 pm

McAuley sounds good and that song has a cool solo.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Reb is so consistent I almost always like what he's in.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 8:45 pm

One of the thousand and one projects Frontier Records has assembled. Not bad thou.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 9:17 am

It's true but it's the state of music today. Sadly, they younger crowd mostly only care about the hit singles.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 9:22 pm

Reb was actually the first guy that made notice guitar solos. Before that I just listened to a song as a whole. His playing on the first Winger album is smooth and effortless. Looking back, he and Vito Bratta were way better than they got credit for!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 8:53 pm

I am listening to this one now and it's very good. All killer and no filler which is unusual for a Frontiers "super group" type album.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 9:40 pm

I was pretty certain that this would rise above the usual supergroup mediocrity when I heard Reb was involved. I'll have to listen to it a few more times before I know how much staying power it will have. The new Demons & Wizards and Confess have been getting all of my attention lately.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 9:36 pm

Spinning it again, for like the fifth night in a row. This album will be even better when it's summer time and the windows are open and I have a cold tall one in hand.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 8:03 pm

This is really pretty good!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 9:11 pm

At times, some songs sound like they could be the follow up to the last MSG album that Robin and Michael did together while others, mostly due to Reb's guitar tone, sound like newer Whitesnake songs without Mr. Coverdale's vocals. Spinning it again right now.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 1:17 pm

I’ve really been slowing down on buying cds in general but especially those from “new” bands. Most of my purchases have been from bands I know and trust. That being said, I do dig what I’m hearing from these guys and could see getting this album at some point.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 4:27 pm

Dave, it's a great album, bro. I heard the title track a few months back and was like "yeah, it's good, but that's probably the only good tune on there" and the rest would be filler and I would quickly forget about it. It's very memorable and the songs are very well crafted. I think the major reason why this album has grabbed me ( I have spun it every night since I got 2 weeks ago) and shook me is that it's made by 4 professional musicians (3 of whom were major players in fave acts) who have honed their craft over the last 3+ decades in music. Most of the Frontiers "super group" stuff is not "super" at all. It's a bunch of bit players who seemingly don't really have an interest in the project other than a cash grab. I was a bit surprised when my local shop had it new for 12 bucks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 2:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I’ve really been slowing down on buying cds in general but especially those from “new” bands. Most of my purchases have been from bands I know and trust. That being said, I do dig what I’m hearing from these guys and could see getting this album at some point.

Spinning this thru the 3rd time now. I like it. Something about it reminds me of the Scorpions. Partly McAuley's voice, but even the music is reminiscent of classic Scorps.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 6:06 pm

Awesome! I actually played this a couple times again recently after binging on it for like a month straight back in March. I am really hoping there is a second album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 12:55 pm

Yea, I'm digging it. The only tune I don't care much for is the ballad, "Make It There". It's not a bad song or anything. I just don't like power ballads anymore.

I understand they were a necessary evil in the day and I loved plenty of them, but in 2020, they just seem out of place and cheesy. I just want my bands to ROCK!!

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 7:56 pm

I agree, it's probably just so engrained in their DNA at this point they can't help it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 8:57 pm

I have both of theirs now and they can't seem to write a bad song.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 11:21 pm

Still need to buy their albums.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2022 9:30 pm

I have only heard the one song when they came out... I HAVE to hear more! Other things just get in the way and I forget about these guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.    Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Swan with McAuley, Beach and Pilson.
Page 1 of 1