Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)

Go down 
+21
allthingsmetal
Boris2008
BearOnUnicycle
mlotek
rajah
CRIMSONMASK
Thrasher73
Orion Crystal Ice
MetallicSeminarian
Short-Fuse
Fat Freddy
Lari
Temple of Blood
mc666
corplhicks
Required Fields
choosemetal
metalhead777
ultmetal
DakotaRogers
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 2:44 pm

You need Exodus: Pleasures of the Flesh and Fabulous Disaster.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:04 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:

Absolutely. Face-melting shit; I even prefer those two over Bonded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Agreed, their best 2 albums by a wide margin.

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:09 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Gotta love Zetro.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:28 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Gotta love Zetro.

If there never was a Bobby Ellsworth, Zetro would be my favorite thrash vocalist.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:34 pm

corplhicks wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Gotta love Zetro.

If there never was a Bobby Ellsworth, Zetro would be my favorite thrash vocalist.

Yeah, Blitz is one of my favorites, as well. He's really a super-talented singer.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:56 pm

corplhicks wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Gotta love Zetro.

Yeah, Blitz is one of my favorites, as well. He's really a super-talented singer.

And sounds no different today than he did in 1986. Dude's throat is made of iron and concrete.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:07 pm

If the rest of the songs are as good as the title track, I'm going to have to pick up that new Accu§er album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:16 pm

corplhicks wrote:

And sounds no different today than he did in 1986. Dude's throat is made of iron and concrete.

Blitz totally killing it…and stomping the studio version of this song into the dust.  

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:28 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
If the rest of the songs are as good as the title track, I'm going to have to pick up that new Accu§er album.

They actually get better, believe it or not.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:30 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Blitz totally killing it…and stomping the studio version of this song into the dust.  

I've always preferred this over the studio version. Just sick 'n nasty, and he looks so menacing, like a gremlin perched to kill. Hell yeah.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:42 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

For some reason I never got any music by this band and I don't know why. I like what I am hearing.

Coroner, too. I gotta get some stuff!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 9:01 pm

chewie wrote:
S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

For some reason I never got any music by this band and I don't know why. I like what I am hearing.

You desperately need some Overkill. Start with either the Years of Decay or Horrorscope.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 9:18 pm

chewie wrote:
S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Overkill is THE premier thrash band of all time. Many would argue any of the big 4, and I understand, but Overkill has exceeded expectations with every album (okay, save for WFO) and has the most character out of all the bands. Taking Over is my second favorite thrash release (Cyclone takes top spot).
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 9:25 pm

chewie wrote:

Yeah, that needs to be your New Year's resolution. Overkill and Coroner.

Ironbound and Mental Vortex: Start 2014 off with a bang.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 9:30 pm

I wouldn't call them the premier thrash band, but everyone should own some Overkill. What was wrong with WFO though? It's my 2nd favorite Overkill record.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 9:42 pm

mc666 wrote:
I wouldn't call them the premier thrash band, but everyone should own some Overkill. What was wrong with WFO though? It's my 2nd favorite Overkill record.

The mix. Bass overtakes everything and guitars are barely discernable. Don't get me wrong, though; the songwriting is badass, just a strong as Horrorscope. I just wish they'd re-release it with DD turned down some.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 10:08 pm

corplhicks wrote:
mc666 wrote:

The mix. Bass overtakes everything and guitars are barely discernable. Don't get me wrong, though; the songwriting is badass, just a strong as Horrorscope. I just wish they'd re-release it with DD turned down some.
Ah, I can see that I guess. I kinda liked it that way though. It made it sound more raw in presentation.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 10:51 pm

Overkill has exceeded expectations with every album (okay, save for WFO) wrote:

Ridiculous. W.F.O. is awesome (and I don't want to hear about the production nonsense). Overkill's weak link is I Hear Black.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 11:16 pm

mc666 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Ah, I can see that I guess. I kinda liked it that way though. It made it sound more raw in presentation.

Kinda. Everyone who's not a thrash fan loves to get picky about DD on the earlier albums, how his bass was clanky from bridge-picking and overpowering, but that was one of the endearing touches of those records. I think they tried to replicate that on WFO but for me it kind of backfired by masking the other instruments too much.

007 wrote:

Ridiculous. W.F.O. is awesome (and I don't want to hear about the production nonsense). Overkill's weak link is I Hear Black.

I love I Hear Black. Underrated album that was full of the dark and the bitter. Bobby and DD really know how to experiment.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 11:31 pm

I don't think Overkill has any weak links.They have to be the most consistent band of all time.
Also agree with the Exodus recommendations.Any of the Zetro albums are a must have IMO.
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 11:49 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
I don't think Overkill has any weak links.They have to be the most consistent band of all time.
Also agree with the Exodus recommendations.Any of the Zetro albums are a must have IMO.
Your right about Overkill. They just keep getting better. Enjoy everything they have done.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Just bought "Diabolic" by Accuser (I can't figure out how to do that stupid entwined 'S' thing) and Onslaught's "In Search of Sanity."

"Feel the power playyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 8:33 pm

I also dig I Hear Black. I'm not that crazy about The Killing Kind though.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 9:04 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Just bought "Diabolic" by Accuser (I can't figure out how to do that stupid entwined 'S' thing) and Onslaught's "In Search of Sanity."

"Feel the power playyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Awesome. Choices. Add Death Angel's Dream Calls for Blood and you've got the three best and most intense thrash releases of the year IMO.  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next