Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)

Go down 
+21
allthingsmetal
Boris2008
BearOnUnicycle
mlotek
rajah
CRIMSONMASK
Thrasher73
Orion Crystal Ice
MetallicSeminarian
Short-Fuse
Fat Freddy
Lari
Temple of Blood
mc666
corplhicks
Required Fields
choosemetal
metalhead777
ultmetal
DakotaRogers
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 9:16 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Just bought "Diabolic" by Accuser (I can't figure out how to do that stupid entwined 'S' thing) and Onslaught's "In Search of Sanity."

"Feel the power playyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Both great!

Now go buy Ultimatum - Into the Pit.  Very Happy 

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 9:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
Just bought "Diabolic" by Accuser (I can't figure out how to do that stupid entwined 'S' thing) and Onslaught's "In Search of Sanity."

Both great!

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 9:22 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:

Both great!

Agreed!

Recently acquire my own copy...it's insane.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:02 am

corplhicks wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:

Awesome. Choices. Add Death Angel's Dream Calls for Blood and you've got the three best and most intense thrash releases of the year IMO.  headbanger 

Well, that Onslaught record came out in 1989.

But it still destroys. That's my favorite Onslaught album (because aside from the vocals it sounds like Metallica). I wish they had done more with that dude from Grim Reaper. I thought it was a good fit.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:51 am

Also, I just noticed a glaring omission from your list. GANG GREEN!

For their more hardcore stuff, grab "Preschool" (and go ahead and grab the whole "This is Boston, Not LA" comp.) And then "Another Wasted Night".

Round out the crossover with "You Got It" and "Older....Budweiser". Those are the standards, for me, although I enjoy everything they did, regardless of line-up or decade.

Also, dude, looking at your Suicidal collection....you have to add Join the Army ASAP. It's so good. And while you're at it, grab the newest one , 13. You will then have all the good ST records.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:54 am

Steve Grimmett  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 3:48 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:

Awesome. Choices. Add Death Angel's Dream Calls for Blood and you've got the three best and most intense thrash releases of the year IMO.  headbanger 

Well, that Onslaught record came out in 1989.

But it still destroys. That's my favorite Onslaught album (because aside from the vocals it sounds like Metallica). I wish they had done more with that dude from Grim Reaper. I thought it was a good fit.

Oops. Wasn't paying attention to the title and assumed he bought VI. Doesn't matter--Sanity really is their best classic album, despite what purists say.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 5:32 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Also, I just noticed a glaring omission from your list. GANG GREEN!

For their more hardcore stuff, grab "Preschool" (and go ahead and grab the whole "This is Boston, Not LA" comp.) And then "Another Wasted Night".

Round out the crossover with "You Got It" and "Older....Budweiser". Those are the standards, for me, although I enjoy everything they did, regardless of line-up or decade.

Also, dude, looking at your Suicidal collection....you have to add Join the Army ASAP. It's so good. And while you're at it, grab the newest one , 13. You will then have all the good ST records.

I'll have to check those guys out! One can't have too much crossover<3

And I'm really curious about ST's new album as well, I should have probably picked that one up a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 6:42 pm

I HATED In search of Sanity. I no longer hate it, but it's still the worst thing they've released.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 9:25 am

mc666 wrote:
I HATED In search of Sanity. I no longer hate it, but it's still the worst thing they've released.

As I've mentioned before, I had some demo versions of the ISOS songs in a much rawer form with Sy singing that I much prefered. That record just sounds too polished although there are great songs on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5