Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)

Go down 
+21
allthingsmetal
Boris2008
BearOnUnicycle
mlotek
rajah
CRIMSONMASK
Thrasher73
Orion Crystal Ice
MetallicSeminarian
Short-Fuse
Fat Freddy
Lari
Temple of Blood
mc666
corplhicks
Required Fields
choosemetal
metalhead777
ultmetal
DakotaRogers
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 5:02 am

DakotaRogers wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:

They sped up the record on CD reissue so just download original dat rip from a tape. And the label who released it are pirates anyway. From what I know, the musicians are fine with that (common thing with releases that popular). Aspid shown some signs of life in 2010-2011, even recorded a new song, but couldn't find a label to make proper reissue of "Extravasation". And as it usually happens, the band silently faded away again.
Some idiot tried to sell a CD of theirs for more than 611 (math rules) bucks this summer.

Aww man, why would they speed it up?

I've seen worse as far as prices are concerned. Pretty sure "By Inheritance" is selling for $500 on Amazon.(Japanese seller, of course) Always thought that was hilarious, because I have 2 copies of that album.

An tiny bit of info about that Australian reissue says that incorrectly set vinyl player was involved during convertation. The thing is, musicians of Aspid had no hand in this reissue. Their only relation is when the band tried to properly issue their material in 2010, Aspid contacted the label.
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 1:44 pm

If you like the "death/thrash" of Solstice-solstice then I would also recommend all 3 of Opprobrium's (Incubus) cds.
(I don't remember seeing them mentioned).
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 1:51 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:

Lari wrote:
I don't have anything to add, but why'd you skip Practise What You Preach by Testament?

I honestly don't know. From some, I heard it was mediocre, but from others, a masterpiece. I'm on a big Testament kick lately, so maybe it will result in a purchase.
I don't understand the "mediocre" part? Possibly their best work, ever. And very much in line with what they did with the first two. Maybe a little more refined and technical. The title track and Sins of Omission are classics. But the depth tracks are what makes it strong.

It was my first Testament album, so I have a special connection with it, but even objectively I'd call it top 2-3, depending on how much you like the New Order, for instance.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 2:23 pm

I just noticed that said albums and not bands. My bad!

Nocturnal Fear -- Excessive Cruelty (thrash with a death metal edge really intense stuff)

Desaster -- Satan's soldiers syndicate (thrash/black metal)

Usurper -- Twilight Dominion (You got some all out thrashers and some slower stuff has more of a "Heavy Metal" feel to me.

Scythe -- Subterranean Steel (Ancient in your face molten metal the heart is old school speed/thrash but played in a more death metal style I don't know if that makes sense but a lot of "Thrash" people will find something to like"

Erazor -- S/T (Good ol German thrash with a twist a bit of Dissection influenced guitar work the vocals aren't very black metal so I don't know where they get the black/thrash so it must be from the guitar work.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 3:11 pm

Witchhammer - 1487
Equinox - Auf Widersehen

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 5:24 pm

allthingsmetal wrote:
If you like the "death/thrash" of Solstice-solstice then I would also recommend all 3 of Opprobrium's (Incubus) cds.
(I don't remember seeing them mentioned).
^This all the way. Really solid stuff.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Lari wrote:
I don't understand the "mediocre" part?

Surely you've read the reviews...? Not necessarily the nitpicking, bullshit Metallum reviews, but in general. I honestly haven't listened to many songs from "Practice," but I've always loved "Nightmare."

But at this point, I can say it's probably gonna be my next purchase.

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 9:20 pm

In all honesty, I consider Practice to be mediocre for the most part. 2 or 3 good tracks, but the rest sounded uninspired. Same with the Souls album.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 9:23 pm

mc666 wrote:
In all honesty, I consider Practice to be mediocre for the most part. 2 or 3 good tracks, but the rest sounded uninspired. Same with the Souls album.

Yep!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 9:33 pm

Practice is less "thrashy," but their songwriting is fantastic on it, IMHO.

For Testament's heavier stuff, you can't go wrong with The Gathering. Fantastic tunes and a killer drum performance from the one and only Davd Lombardo. "Fall of Sipledome" in particular kicks ass.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 9:45 pm

Practise What You Preach is awesome technical thrash. The biggest reason I fell in love with Alex Skolnick.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 10:23 pm

I guess I'll see whether or not it's good or bad. Just bought it, along with "Atheist Crusade," and "Human Sacrifice."
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 2:21 am

Nobody has recommended Tenet - Sovereign yet! So I will

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 2:27 am

mc666 wrote:

I also agree with this.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 6:03 am

Hallows Eve-Death and Insanity
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 9:49 am

Leatherface wrote:
Hallows Eve-Death and Insanity

Good one!  headbanger 

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 12:27 pm

Souls of Black is my favorite Testament album.

But you are doing a damned fine job on your thrash collection, to my eyes.

The only thing I could even think to add is Excel, if you don't already have any of their stuff. Excellent crossover thrash.

I also bought a comp once, used and weird with a terrible title and album cover, that had some good unknown thrash/crossover bands called "Banned in L.A./Band Together/Mosh of Fire" (like I said, dumb name). There's a used one for $3 on Amazon, and it's a fun batch of 10 bands who mostly wish they were either Suicidal Tendencies or Metallica. Can't beat that.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Well to recap, "Atheist Crusade" by Immaculate was probably the best thing I've heard in awhile. I've always enjoyed the title track, but all the titles with "thrash" in the name sort of turned me off from purchasing it earlier. But those tracks turned out to be solid. The vocals, especially, are mind-blowing.

And "Practice What You Preach"... Oh boy. Straight-up drink coaster. I literally almost fell asleep, but I've only listened to it once, so hopefully I'll come around. Should have went with "Souls of Black."

"Human Sacrifice" was really good, thankfully. The title track in particular blew me away. It's just a shame that Roger Martinez went down the road he did.  Sad 

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 5:03 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:

And "Practice What You Preach"... Oh boy. Straight-up drink coaster. I literally almost fell asleep, but I've only listened to it once, so hopefully I'll come around. Should have went with "Souls of Black."

What?  Shocked 

How can you listen to a track like "Sins of Omission" and say it's a "drink coaster"?

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 5:20 pm

ultmetal wrote:
How can you listen to a track like "Sins of Omission" and say it's a "drink coaster"?

Unfortunately 2-3 half-decent songs don't make a good album.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Try the Gathering:

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 8:03 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:

You should just skip ahead to Low & The Gathering. Souls is much along the same lines as Practice. The Ritual is ok, but more groove oriented like all the big bands were doing at the time. Demonic is a monster, but more death metal vocally.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 12:04 am

Check out Pessimist-Call to War
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 2:13 am

"Sins" is by far the best song on that album.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 10:37 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
"Sins" is by far the best song on that album.

I'll agree with this, even though I like the album as a whole.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)    Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thrash Metal Album Suggestions (heartofmetal version)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next