Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Folk-pop band doing metal covers

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Folk-pop band doing metal covers Empty
PostSubject: Folk-pop band doing metal covers   Folk-pop band doing metal covers Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 12:50 pm

So if you get the Sleaze Roxx newletter, you probably saw mention of this:

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/02254.shtml?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sleazeroxx+%28Sleaze+Roxx+News+Headlines%29

Sleaze Roxx's intent was to deride it, and I'm sure most people here would do the same. I, however, love this type of thing. I love folky stuff, and I love hearing non-metal bands doing metal covers. So if when Tori Amos covered "Raining Blood" was cool to you, this might be also (and here we get "South of Heaven"--even better!).

I had to listen to the album on Spotify. The link to Sleaze Roxx I posted contains a video for "Battery", and their cover is excellent. My favorite, though, is their version of "Caught in a Mosh"--works very well in this style.

So I assume most of you will dislike this, but I'm posting because I'm more curious if anyone else in metal-land actually enjoys this type of thing, as I do?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Folk-pop band doing metal covers   Folk-pop band doing metal covers Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Eh, it's kitchy and fun for a few listens, but I'd tire of it pretty quickly. Especially a whole album of that.

Sorry, Zombie. Not for me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Folk-pop band doing metal covers   Folk-pop band doing metal covers Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 6:05 pm

I posted their cover of "Hells Bells" in the Killer Covers thread...because it's awesome!

The "Battery" cover is cute, but kinda boring and too cute. But "Hells Bells" is fantastic. It reminds me of something Azure Ray would do; it has a darker edge to it, you know.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Folk-pop band doing metal covers   Folk-pop band doing metal covers Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 6:08 pm

I like the Hells Bells cover too.

I don't really look at the Killer Covers thread, so I missed that.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Folk-pop band doing metal covers   Folk-pop band doing metal covers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 4:08 am

I like them, but prefer Hellsongs who do a very similar thing but do it better IMHO.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Folk-pop band doing metal covers   Folk-pop band doing metal covers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 7:19 am

Funny that this should come up now. Anyone familiar with Maiden United? I've listening to both their albums on Spotify today.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Folk-pop band doing metal covers   Folk-pop band doing metal covers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:34 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I like them, but prefer Hellsongs who do a very similar thing but do it better IMHO.
Yeah, I've seen Hellsongs on Youtube. They're kind of funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Folk-pop band doing metal covers   Folk-pop band doing metal covers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Folk-pop band doing metal covers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: