Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson

Go down 
+20
Svengo
Lari
DallasBlack
corplhicks
tohostudios
Eyesore
Troublezone
Hadley
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
cruedevil71
Witchfinder
bass63
nevermore
MetalRob331
bgsully
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

Number of posts : 104

Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 5:19 pm

Short-Fuse wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Yeah that might have made the three children he fathered quite difficult. sigh 
You're assuming that that information is true.

I always assumed he was asexual and only young boys were his fetish.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 8:31 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
John 5 > Malmsteen
I agree but like most instrumental albums, they get boring IMO.. SO I will always go back to Malmsteen even if I prefer John's playing...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 2:26 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
John 5 > Malmsteen
I agree but like most instrumental albums, they get boring IMO.. SO I will always go back to Malmsteen even if I prefer John's playing...
I'm with you on instrumental albums when it comes to metal. Snooze-fests.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 3:52 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Yeah that might have made the three children he fathered quite difficult. sigh 
You think they're really his biological kids?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:25 am

Yes I do. Have you seen the legal battlefield that his estate has become? If there was a realistic chance that his sole heirs were not his biological children, it would have been uncovered by now. Whatever you think of MJ or what he may have done, his children are innocents and do not deserve this kind of bull.
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 2:34 pm

corplhicks wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
John 5 > Malmsteen
I'm with you on instrumental albums when it comes to metal. Snooze-fests.
Mastery's debut album kicks major ass, though...
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 11:44 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Yes I do. Have you seen the legal battlefield that his estate has become? If there was a realistic chance that his sole heirs were not his biological children, it would have been uncovered by now. Whatever you think of MJ or what he may have done, his children are innocents and do not deserve this kind of bull.
Actually, the fact that they ARE his children,either by insemination and/or surrogate donors needs no burden of proof in the legal system. They are his children by law and nothing can dispute that fact. Once a parent gives up legal right to a child its written in stone,so to speak. So the fact that someday it will most likely come out who the real father is and I'm quite sure he is NOT the father of all three. I've heard David Crosby's sperm is rather in demand with the lesbian crowd.lol! 
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 1:50 am

Boris2008 wrote:
The two oldest kids have no bi-racial features at all. Slash and Lenny Kravitz are half white (for example).
It's well known that MJ didn't like his looks growing up, which is why he had plastic surgery later on. He most likely wouldn't want to take a chance that his kids might inherit his looks. His family fought for the kids simply because they knew how much they meant to him.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 1:54 am

Yeaaaaaah this is getting a little...out there.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 1:56 am

corplhicks wrote:
Well, MJ was out there...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 1:57 am

corplhicks wrote:
Too much for me. I'm out when we start slandering children.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 2:00 am

Boris2008 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Too much for me. I'm out when we start slandering children.
Who's slandering? I said nothing derogatory. A little too sensitive and PC...
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 2:29 am

Oh oh, I hope the Jacksons don't sue us and take our Black Sabbath collections. That'd totally suck. I hope they cant track my IP.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 2:49 am

cruedevil71 wrote:
Oh oh, I hope the Jacksons don't sue us and take our Black Sabbath collections. That'd totally suck. I hope they cant track my IP.
It's unlikely, however funny it might be.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:01 am

As expected, this is pretty dreadful. You can listen to all these turds here:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/audio-guns-n-roses-motorhead-testament-ex-iron-maiden-members-pay-tribute-to-michael-jackson

There is one really great cover, though, and one that's okay, but they come from bands doing real covers rather than a few musicians coming in for a paycheck and laying down vocals or whatever to some slop a bunch of half-assed session musicians put together.

I really dig that. Just downloaded it from iTunes for 99 cents.

The other that works is Alien Ant Farm's "Smooth Criminal." However, while it works musically, it's a re-recorded version and the production is kinda weak.

So basically there is one song worth a damn on this horrible album. And many of you will probably hate it due to the semi-rapped verses.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:07 pm

I like the Man in the Mirror track a lot and Black or WHite... Those two songs posess melodies that are rly hard to mess up LOL!!! Lajon also sounds fabulous as always...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:10 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I like the Man in the Mirror track a  lot and Black or WHite... Those two songs posess melodies that are rly hard to mess up LOL!!!  Lajon also sounds fabulous as always...
Both tracks are absolutely weak. The vocalists might sound fine, but the execution of the songs is just terrible.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
I like the Man in the Mirror track a  lot and Black or WHite... Those two songs posess melodies that are rly hard to mess up LOL!!!  Lajon also sounds fabulous as always...
Both tracks are absolutely weak. The vocalists might sound fine, but the execution of the songs is just terrible.
I don't care how the execution sounds. They still hold the original melody and that makes them great regardless how the arrangement is, IMO...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:24 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
 They still hold the original melody and that makes them great regardless how the arrangement is, IMO...
Absolutely false. A bad arrangement can destroy even great songs.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:38 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
 They still hold the original melody and that makes them great regardless how the arrangement is, IMO...
Absolutely false.  A bad arrangement can destroy even great songs.  
I didn't use the word "bad" anywhere :p What is this American Idol? Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:46 pm

"Regardless of how the arrangement is", which SEEMS like you are trying to say that arrangement is unimportant when you're talking about a great song.

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:48 pm

S.D. wrote:
"Regardless of how the arrangement is", which SEEMS like you are trying to say that arrangement is unimportant when you're talking about a great song.  

Michael Jackson's songs are all about the melody. Therefore IMHO, I think the two I mentioned are great, regardless if the music behind it, isn't that impressive.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:40 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
I don't care how the execution sounds.  They still hold the original melody and that makes them great regardless how the arrangement is, IMO...
That doesn't make any sense.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:42 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Michael Jackson's songs are all about the melody.  Therefore IMHO, I think the two I mentioned are great, regardless if the music behind it, isn't that impressive.  
How can a song be great when the music "isn't that impressive"? That's like saying a shit sandwich was yummy because sandwiches are all about the bread and this bread was fresh. Still a shit sandwich.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next