Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?

Go down 
+23
DakotaRogers
candlemass
Thrasher73
Gilbert
metalhead777
BearOnUnicycle
Fat Freddy
fingers
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
chewie
bass63
Citanul
Troublezone
thejokeriv
Boris2008
MetalRob331
Orion Crystal Ice
exact33
tohostudios
corplhicks
krokus
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 6:12 pm

I don't know how many more days of this I can take.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 6:17 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I don't know how many more days of this I can take.
Buy the records and shut the f.uck up:lol!: 
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 4:52 am

can't stand em, they are more of an ill conceived walmart metal hobby project instead of a metal band. The singer sounds real emo especially on the song nightmare and their previous stuff sounds like they are good charlotte doing metal covers. With their recent album they are trying to win over the traditional metal audience, musically its a step in the right direction for the band but they still haven't quite got it when it comes to being in the zone when it comes to metal.Still a weak album.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 7:59 am

I think they're OK. I have seen them live, and have heard their more recent material. They seem like a young Metal band influenced by older Metal bands. They have a lot of good guitar playing on their albums, especially for a more mainstream band. More power to 'em....

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 8:24 am

AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Abe_Simpson

"Ehhhh.... Avenged what now? Seven who? What smells like mustard? The President is a demmy-crat? Where the hell are my pants? Awwwwww dammit!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 8:34 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I think they're OK. I have seen them live, and have heard their more recent material. They seem like a young Metal band influenced by older Metal bands. They have a lot of good guitar playing on their albums, especially for a more mainstream band. More power to 'em....

Have to agree on this - guitars are what make them stand out for me. Now only if they played something closer to what I prefer to listen to.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 11:35 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Exactly.. Also M. Shadows has grown on me over the years.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 8:53 pm

I really like a select few of their riffs, mostly the stuff from City of Evil. Blinded in Chains was one of my favorite songs of all time for a while. However I find the vast majority of their stuff to be really generic and I absolutely revile M. Shadows blown out sounding voice regardless of circumstance.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 6:56 am

I was never interested in this band

That is until i heard HAIL TO THE KING and was blown away.

Now this album is among my top ten favourites for this year.

Not sure i will still want to visit their back catalogue though.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Try City of Evil at the very least. It has some nice songs, but if you don't like the majority of it, you won't like pretty much anything else they've made.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 5:57 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Try City of Evil at the very least. It has some nice songs, but if you don't like the majority of it, you won't like pretty much anything else they've made.

Yep. I don't think this band will ever top City Of Evil.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 11:36 pm

City of Evil is the best they've done IMO.The guitarists are really talented.They are what Carrys the band.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 6:31 am

NIGHTMARE is also a very good album. More MAIDEN influences. Lot of interestings songs.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 6:46 am

Gilbert wrote:

+1.
After buying HAIL TO THE KING (my fave album of 2013) i started listening and buying everything they released since CITY OF EVIL. All good albums of traditional metal with a couple of modern moments but less than anybody thats not into AX7 would think of. I love most to the guitar solos on all those albums and the singer is very special. I dont like their looks so much, to modern for my liking but i just dont go and see them live.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 6:12 pm

First time I've heard anything by them, a friend told me to check this one out, seems pretty good...

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 6:27 pm

candlemass wrote:
First time I've heard anything by them, a friend told me to check this one out, seems pretty good...

Contrary to what most members here seem to think, I don't think this band is terrible; in fact, I love City Of Evil.  But lately they do seem to sound derivative of other bands (Metallica comes to mind).  But being a fan of AC/DC soundalike bands, "derivative" has never been a term I give a lot of weight; if I like it, I like it and I don't care if people scream "ripoff!".  

I think I may have to pick up this latest A7X album because the more I hear, the more I like.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 6:35 pm

They do seem to have a bit of a Spinal Tap quality to them!  Razz 
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 7:02 pm

I don't own any albums from these guys but I do like a lot of their material. Super talented guys who get a bad rep IMO because they are popular. The more people that know you, the more people will dislike you.

Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 1:07 pm

I've been hearing "Hail to the King" everyday on the radio since late December, and every time I have to fight the urge to drive into oncoming traffic.

I hate their fans, too. While that's no reason to hate the music, I just can't help myself. Chubby, Hot Topic-clad, emotional self-harming girls who defend the band with such cultish devotion, it makes me want to pull my hair out.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 2:27 pm

I know nothing about the band nor their fans, just thought that song was ok...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 7:23 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
I've been hearing "Hail to the King" everyday on the radio since late December, and every time I have to fight the urge to drive into oncoming traffic.

I hate their fans, too. While that's no reason to hate the music, I just can't help myself. Chubby, Hot Topic-clad, emotional self-harming girls who defend the band with such cultish devotion, it makes me want to pull my hair out.

Most bands have fanboys, this one isn't any different. If people wanna drool over the music and the musicians, let them. I'd much rather converse with A7X fans, than some of these other music fans out there.

Leave the name calling alone!
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 3:58 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I'd much rather converse with A7X fans, than some of these other music fans out there.

Trust me, it's quite an enlightening experience. Especially when these bloated, M Shadows dick-riders tell you with a straight face how Avenged Sevenfold is the greatest thrash metal band of all time.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 6:36 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
I'd much rather converse with A7X fans, than some of these other music fans out there.

Trust me, it's quite an enlightening experience. Especially when these bloated, M Shadows dick-riders tell you with a straight face how Avenged Sevenfold is the greatest thrash metal band of all time.

I had a conversation with a guy who tried his best to convince me that Killswitch Engage's' version of Holy Diver was better than Dio's because KE have a better singer!!  Shocked  His reasoning being that the KE could sing and scream, whereas Dio could just sing! Point is, everyone is entitled to their opinions and we are entitled to laugh at them  lol! It's just not worth getting annoyed.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 6:47 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

I had a conversation with a guy who tried his best to convince me that Killswitch Engage's' version of Holy Diver was better than Dio's because KE have a better singer!!  Shocked  His reasoning being that the KE could sing and scream, whereas Dio could just sing! Point is, everyone is entitled to their opinions and we are entitled to laugh at them  lol! It's just not worth getting annoyed.

Laughing very hard That's hilarious! So if a guy can "sing" and scream he's a better singer than Dio? Right.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 7:00 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Laughing very hard That's hilarious!  So if a guy can "sing" and scream he's a better singer than Dio?  Right.  

Yup! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?   AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AVENGED SEVENFOLD. What do you guys think about this band?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next