Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...

Go down 
+7
Am I Evil?
the sentinel
tohostudios
nevermore
skullsmasher
MetalRob331
Metal Misfit
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Empty
PostSubject: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:46 pm

My fiancee and I going to see Avenged Sevenfold, Buckcherry, Papa Roach
and Saving Abel on 2/21 in Battle Creek, MI. Should be really fun. Buckcherry & Papa Roach both put
on great live shows (saw'em on Crue Fest in Detroit). I like Avenged
Sevenfold well enough, and that 'Addicted' song by Saving Abel is okay.

There's another show that'll be in Grand Rapids about the same time:
Motley, Theory of a Deadman and Hinder. My fiancee and I have seen Crue
twice, and she's a huge Papa Roach fan (though she's already seen THEM
twice too Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Dry),
so the Avenged Sevenfold show won out. I didn't really wanna see Theory
anyway, they suck, but Hinder's new album is awesome and I would've
loved to have seen them live.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:02 am

Cool, Enjoy the concert.

Theory is one of my fav modern rock bands there newest cd Scars and Souvenirs is amazing, so I would've chose that show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:27 am

Been a Papa Roach fan for ages now. They put on a killer show.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:19 pm

I saw this show last saturday, while all 4 bands put on a pretty good show I would have to say that Papa Roach was the best. They played with the most energy and worked the crowd better than the others. I had never given PR a chance before I saw them last summer on Crue Fest and really liked them. I always just figured them to be another Rap Metal band and never bothered to listen to them, They are a pretty dang good band, wish I had checked them out years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:03 pm

skullsmasher wrote:
I saw this show last saturday, while all 4 bands put on a pretty good show I would have to say that Papa Roach was the best. They played with the most energy and worked the crowd better than the others. I had never given PR a chance before I saw them last summer on Crue Fest and really liked them. I always just figured them to be another Rap Metal band and never bothered to listen to them, They are a pretty dang good band, wish I had checked them out years ago.
They really never were a rap/rock band. They did mix that in a bit, but they were also more rock than anything. Alt-rock, modern rock, whatever. They began to hit their stride on the Five Tracks Deep EP. They've released nothing but great albums since then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:08 pm

Papa Roach's "Infest" album is great. They are the only "modern""alt" whatever band that I have ever liked. I need to get more of their stuff.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:13 pm

I hope you have fun at the show.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:53 pm

I also dig the Roach. Especially the album Paramour Sessions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:19 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I also dig the Roach. Especially the album Paramour Sessions
Seek out the bonus track "S.O.S." from that album. It's awesome. No idea why it wasn't included on the regular album.

Actually, here it is:

🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:34 pm

Awesome song especially "This is an S.O.S" part. Thanx
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:51 pm

How was this show?

It's coming here in two weeks. We have Skullsmasher's opinion, anyone else?

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:09 pm

Every time I go to work I hear the Saving Abel song, "Addicted" and I really dig it. I hope you and your fiance enjoy the show. Peace.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:11 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Every time I go to work I hear the Saving Abel song, "Addicted" and I really dig it. I hope you and your fiance enjoy the show. Peace.

Every time I hear that song it reminds me of Hinder meets Nickelback.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:35 pm

Definitely going to be doing a review on my music blog for this, like I did for Crue Fest.
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:18 am

I have A7X my self,Im more of a thrash/NWOBHM guy
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:28 am

If A7X got a different singer they would be good.
Back to top Go down
bellaroo
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 7:29 am

Enjoy the gig!
Papa Roach was the 1st ever gig I went to When I was 14! Never forget it Smile
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 4:18 pm

I just got Papa Roach's 'She Loves Me Not' single, it's the first thing I've ever owned from them but I'm familiar with a bunch of their songs. I remember the video of this song freaking me out when I was a kid for some reason before I was actually into music at all, and all I really remember was that there was some kind of deserted fairground so I don't understand why. Oh well, I'll listen to it in a sec and see how it sounds.
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:10 pm

know nothing about papa roach, but hear good reviews, & i wonder about saving abel, now that one of them & their guitar tech have legal issues to sort out (are they staying on the tour?). they were all right--mellow.

i was completely won over by avenged sevenfold when i saw them twice on this tour (sans papa roach) recently! didn't know anything about them & was treated to a really energetic show!

i feel bad for buckcherry: i love them & have seen great shows by them before, but the avenged crowd just stares at them or leaves at the shows i was at. seemed like no one knew their opening song as well. that got them off to a ho hum start.

the whole thing is coming back around here to smaller cities, but i've seen them enough now i think. going to CRUE (ironic as the threadstarter has to make the same choice) instead. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:57 pm

My thoughts on the Battle Creek, MI show are here: http://metalexcess.wordpress.com/2009/02/27/buckcherry-avenged-sevenfold-papa-roach-saving-abel-022109/

Saving Abel was boring and definitely didn't match the attitude & energy of the other bands. Papa Roach did great, as usual. Avenged Sevenfold made me an even BIGGER fan. Awesome live show.

I echo the same words vanillaviking said above about Buckcherry. They also seem like the odd band out. They aren't heavy & fast enough for the Papa Roach/Avenged Sevenfold crowd, which really sucks because I think their latest album is their best yet, but of course, it's come nowhere near to as popular as 15 and "Crazy Bitch" were. I hope the unresponsive crowd and lackluster sales don't convince them to pack it in AGAIN like when Time Bomb failed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...   Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going to see Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel...
Page 1 of 1