Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE

Go down 
+9
Stender
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
MEGATRON
GrandNational
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
Schbopo
MetalRob331
13 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Empty
PostSubject: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:10 pm

Like them or not this song is bad ass if you ask me....

New song can bee heard here...

http://www.myspace.com/avengedsevenfold

Last edited by MetalRob331 on Tue May 18, 2010 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:12 pm

They really need a better singer. Everything else sounds fine.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:18 pm

Schbopo wrote:
They really need a better singer. Everything else sounds fine.

A lot of people seem to not like Shadows singing. i personally find nothing wrong with it and I think its a fresh voice in a world full of sound a likes. I agree sometimes he sounds like he shouldn't be singing but for the most part he sounds fine to me...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:14 pm

The chorus is way too poppish for how the song began. I love things melodic but something here is clashing big time. The song doesn't click agian till the guitar solo section. Then it takes a wrong turn. The melody is similar to one of those new Ozzy tunes NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE 685534

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:42 pm

I have listened........

This band has no identity or atmosphere. Poor songwriting. Nothing works together, and when it sounds closest to working, it shouldn't because the feel of the chorus sounds plain bad. This is an example of when kids who are not in the Heavy Metal spirit, in the Rock 'n Roll spirit, are trying their hardest to do something that sounds like one - either one, or both at once - and ending up awkward and directionless. Many sections contribute nothing to the structure. This music makes me feel empty inside and like a loser. The whiny-rap-patented-by-"thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain" is cute, and so is the Parental Advisory sticker. I shall return to my playlist of Isis, of Labyrinth, of Augury, Liege Lord, Rhapsody, the Dio I have all been revisiting in the man's honor, and I shall feel soul and artistry in heavy music once more, this trait unifying the likes of the old school, the new school, the strange school, and all the wonderful, colorful, diverse sections of underground Metal which by it's virtues attracts not the likes of the typical A7X fan (MetalRob is not this...just stating a point).
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:26 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I have listened........

This band has no identity or atmosphere. Poor songwriting. Nothing works together, and when it sounds closest to working, it shouldn't because the feel of the chorus sounds plain bad. This is an example of when kids who are not in the Heavy Metal spirit, in the Rock 'n Roll spirit, are trying their hardest to do something that sounds like one - either one, or both at once - and ending up awkward and directionless. Many sections contribute nothing to the structure. This music makes me feel empty inside and like a loser. The whiny-rap-patented-by-"thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain" is cute, and so is the Parental Advisory sticker. I shall return to my playlist of Isis, of Labyrinth, of Augury, Liege Lord, Rhapsody, the Dio I have all been revisiting in the man's honor, and I shall feel soul and artistry in heavy music once more, this trait unifying the likes of the old school, the new school, the strange school, and all the wonderful, colorful, diverse sections of underground Metal which by it's virtues attracts not the likes of the typical A7X fan (MetalRob is not this...just stating a point).

Man this song had me pumped the first time I heard it. I respect everything you said I just have to disagree. This song has killer melody and groove to me. Love the chanting part at the end as well. Im not the biggest fan but these guys def grab my attention.

Im with you though Orion, in the end I would choose my Pagans Mind, Raintime, Nevermore, Avantasia, and Fozzy over this. All of which im spinning right now...
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 3:02 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
This is an example of when kids who are not in the Heavy Metal spirit, in the Rock 'n Roll spirit, are trying their hardest to do something that sounds like one - either one, or both at once - and ending up awkward and directionless. Many sections contribute nothing to the structure. This music makes me feel empty inside and like a loser

NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Lol
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 5:34 am

I actually really liked it, surprisingly.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

MEGATRON wrote:
I actually really liked it, surprisingly.

It wasn't as terrible as I expected. I've certainly heard worse.

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:26 pm

Yeah, better then I thought and I still won't buy it.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 5:20 pm

Another great Avenged Sevenfold song. Can't wait for this album. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:59 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I have listened........

haha..POST OF THE WEEK!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:00 pm

Stender wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I have listened........

haha..POST OF THE WEEK!

So much that I disagree with everything he said throughout most of it. Only part I agree with is the end where at the end of the day you go back to the bands you love.

A7X are a very diverse band and they gel to me. Song structures are fine if you ask me and they flow together great IMO. If this is any indication of how the album will be. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:18 pm

As much as I like the "City Of Evil" album, the next one sort of left me cold except for a few songs.

This single does nothing to alter my opinion; glad they mostly ditched the growling but that song doesn't do anything for me. Too many stops/starts for no reason IMO.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:25 pm

Actually, I just realized I was listening to the wrong song.

"Nightmare" isn't bad but it's not good enough to make me buy the album

Still love City Of Evil though.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:13 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Actually, I just realized I was listening to the wrong song.

"Nightmare" isn't bad but it's not good enough to make me buy the album

Still love City Of Evil though.

I will be getting this and I have this gut feeling that it might just be better then City of Evil which I thought was fabulous. I will let you know what i think when I spin it...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:56 am

Stender wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I have listened........

haha..POST OF THE WEEK!
Eh. Posts like this are retarded.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:12 am

Eyesore wrote:
Stender wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I have listened........

haha..POST OF THE WEEK!

Eh. What are you going to do about it.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:31 am

Didn't like it. Pass.

His song on Slash's solo album was good though so I know the man is capable of better.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:27 pm

Stender wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Stender wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I have listened........

haha..POST OF THE WEEK!
Eh. What are you going to do about it.
What I just did.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:12 pm

I like the music and Portnoy is great but the singer is funny.

Throw in the F word for a little attention...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:26 am

Troublezone wrote:

That actually fits right if you think about it IMO. I mean if I sang that melody it wouldn't go right with just "It's your nightmare." I think the f bomb makes it sound a lot better and fits the heaviness of the song. Loved the heavy outro chant part.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:06 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

That actually fits right if you think about it IMO. I mean if I sang that melody it wouldn't go right with just "It's your nightmare." I think the f bomb makes it sound a lot better and fits the heaviness of the song. Loved the heavy outro chant part.

I disagree... it's all in the way you sing the words. If he had power or grit in his voice he could make it work. To me he sounds like he is trying to sound tough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE   NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW Avenged Sevenfold song - NIGHTMARE
Page 1 of 1