Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most Hated Movies!

Go down 
+15
Troublezone
Addy
Leatherface
manny
tohostudios
Required Fields
jettafiend
kmorg
thejokeriv
Orion Crystal Ice
jstate
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
corplhicks
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 12:47 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
I gotta admit Britain is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (TWO WEEKS LATER) aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more sophisticated and intelligent than the states, as much as I love my country. And yes, our hurricanes are getting named the worst.
Um..... no, that is a complete over generalization.
A generalization either way since there's little aggregate data to make a fair comparison. My only perspective comes from English literature, meeting British citizens, and discussing this topic with a number of people in college who went to study abroad.

While they rank lower of the Human Development Index, the HDI is known to be heavily flawed; for instance wealth is a primary filter.

What we do know is that their education is miles better. 91% of students graduate High School in the U.K.; here it's 77%. University is much lower in cost, and higher learning is completely dependent on the student. Most students are prepared to graduate high school by age 15, known as stage four (equivalent of our senior year). Of course, their budget for educational reform has been more prioritized than ours.

Regardless of this, I've always accepted the "US v UK intelligence" to be a debate that cannot be settled because their is so little data to support either side. In a way, one's final conclusion on the matter can only be a result of relativity.

In either case, Norway rules! \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 2:58 pm

We have our fair share of stupid people!

The thing about our education system is true, however things have changed in recent times and we are now following something much closer to the U.S model. We are rapidly falling behind the rest of Europe and it's a tragedy as only those children from financially secure households have access to a quality education.

If you are looking for an educational model that is really working then Finland is the one, those guys have it together, seriously.

I have found that there are plenty of intelligent, articulate people that I have met from the States, but you should stop exporting programmes like 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' as it just makes you look bad! Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
We have our fair share of stupid people!

The thing about our education system is true, however things have changed in recent times and we are now following something much closer to the U.S model. We are rapidly falling behind the rest of Europe and it's a tragedy as only those children from financially secure households have access to a quality education.

If you are looking for an educational model that is really working then Finland is the one, those guys have it together, seriously.

I have found that there are plenty of intelligent, articulate people that I have met from the States, but you should stop exporting programmes like 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' as it just makes you look bad! Laughing very hard 
I am very sorry to hear about how education has been going. This must be fairly recent? Why part of the world refuses to recognize the importance of education, especially in economic recovery, is beyond me. I suppose it doesn't supplant the instant monetary gratification that our politicians revere so passionately Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 352445 .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:35 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Why part of the world refuses to recognize the importance of education, especially in economic recovery, is beyond me. I suppose it doesn't supplant the instant monetary gratification that our politicians revere so passionately Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 352445 .
When it comes to the U.S. the people in power WANT Americans to be ignorant. Ignorant people are easier to control, settle for less and don't question authority.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:51 pm

Quote :
In either case, Norway rules! \'arry \'eadbanger
You got that right!!  Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 395375

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 5:43 pm

That Indiana Jones movie about some lame alien crystal skulls that doesn't really exist.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 11:13 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Why part of the world refuses to recognize the importance of education, especially in economic recovery, is beyond me. I suppose it doesn't supplant the instant monetary gratification that our politicians revere so passionately Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 352445 .
When it comes to the U.S. the people in power WANT Americans to be ignorant.  Ignorant people are easier to control, settle for less and don't question authority.
This. Seen it with me own eyes.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 2:38 am

This is for those (that's you hicks!) that think that the U.K is full of super cultured intellectuals. A third of us don't know who wrote Great Expectations! affraid 

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/iv-drip/third-of-brits-dont-know-who-wrote-great-expectations--can-you-name-the-authors-of-these-classics-8839024.html

I got 12/13 of these and the annoying thing is it didn't tell me which one I got wrong! angry
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:38 pm

Matrix - I can understand it's popularity back then because of the special effects. But else? Bad actors, a plot that was stolen from other movies and it's just lame. Never liked it, never understood the hype

Jurassic Park - The dinos were impressive back then. Other then that though? Two completely annoying kids (and please me show me one girl in the early 90's that had a clue about Unix, it was so stupid, and then she's a vegetarian too just to be political correct and goody-goody...jeez) and a lot of non-sense between CGI show-off. But it's mostly those two stupid kids that make me hate it.

Every Tarantino movie with Reservoir Dogs at the top, the only movie i never really saw because i usually fall asleep in the first half Laughing 
I hate this guy, he just copies old grindhouse and exploitation movies from the 70's and 80's and then people think he's a genius

Batman & Robin obviously. So much wrong with it, destroying the Batman character...blargh.

Attack of the Killer Hog - Gave me a nasty headache, it's the absolute worst movie i've ever seen. Even worse then anything from Bay or Boll. I actually destroyed the DVD after watching.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37668

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:12 pm

Quote :
Every Tarantino movie with Reservoir Dogs at the top, the only movie i never really saw because i usually fall asleep in the first half
I hate this guy, he just copies old grindhouse and exploitation movies from the 70's and 80's and then people think he's a genius
I'm not a Tarantino fan either. I've given him more than enough tries and still his stuff irritates me more than anything else.

The last time I gave him a shot was Inglourious Basterds, which I didn't hate, but didn't understand the whoop-de-doo about, either. After that I decided I'm pretty much done with the guy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:17 pm

I like Tarantino for the most part, his films tend to be a tad schizo but then again so am I.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 4:17 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:

Every Tarantino movie with Reservoir Dogs at the top, the only movie i never really saw because i usually fall asleep in the first half Laughing 

I don't know about 'copying,' he's never lifted any scenes from B/Z cinema. Maybe homage, especially tongue-in-cheek, but that's a cardinal demonstration commonly employed in film. But if you look at Deathproof, a film that was made as a direct homage to 70's road flick movies, it's made nothing like a grindhouse or exploitation film (ironically this is why I'm not too fond of it).

People think he's a genius because of his dialogue. We're used to this type of sardonic hyper-realism at this point, especially with TV writing. But you have to go back when Reservoir Dogs an Pulp Fiction was made. It was rare to see this type of conversational chatter take place in a mass-marketed movie. His strength is in creating three-dimensional characters out of how they talk, similar to how Hemingway created his own characters. I can get why some people aren't into that kind of thing, but I believe he at least deserves some respect for changing the game in the 90's.

Of course, in the end he's unpredictable. His movies move in unexpected ways. Not only does that take guts with a major movie studio looking over your shoulder and an audience in waiting that largely prefers expected outcomes, but it also takes skill to navigate a broken trajectory with smooth transitioning and the proper communication of irony. Many writers confess this is more than difficult.
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 6:13 pm

One movie comes to mind instantly.

Bad Teacher. God f*cking help me, I've never seen a comedy that literally made me cringe with pain instead of laugh before in my entire life. My friends were telling me that it was funny and that Cameron Diaz was hot in it. Both of those statements were bold-faced lies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most Hated Movies!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4