Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most Hated Movies!

Go down 
+15
Troublezone
Addy
Leatherface
manny
tohostudios
Required Fields
jettafiend
kmorg
thejokeriv
Orion Crystal Ice
jstate
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
corplhicks
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 9:37 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Yeah but those sex scenes were just...wow. It deserved its NC-17 for sure.
Maybe you are thinking about Crash (1996) directed by David Cronenberg instead of Crash (2004) directed by Paul Haggis?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 11:04 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Yeah but those sex scenes were just...wow. It deserved its NC-17 for sure.
Maybe you are thinking about Crash (1996) directed by David Cronenberg instead of Crash (2004) directed by Paul Haggis?  
Yeah, it was a poor attempt at a joke. (sad trumpet)

Anyway--just for the record, Cronenberg's Crash is an astounding movie--Haggis basically wrote a Nicholas Sparks movie with Crash. When I first saw it, I felt so moved and touched, willing to stand against racial barriers when, all of a sudden, BOOM. "You've been tricked," my epiphany said. "Watch it again." And I did. Suddenly I was wondering why everyone had been raving about this Kleenex movie.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 3:44 am

Bloody Murder, Children of the Living Dead and The Howling: New Moon Rising were some of the worst I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:01 am

I don't hate the movie itself (and am a fan of Sayles other stuff) but damn did the ending of Limbo cause me to have a reaction. Limbo!

As an aside the soundtrack is all kinds of awesome though.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 12:17 pm

I'll have to add 2012!!

100 times worse than Independence Day.

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 12:21 pm

kmorg wrote:
I'll have to add 2012!!

I'll take your word for it, I'm sure as hell not going to watch it to find out!

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 12:43 pm

S.D. wrote:
kmorg wrote:
I'll have to add 2012!!

I'll take your word for it, I'm sure as hell not going to watch it to find out!  

Very Happy 
2012 was pretty bad..... as bad as Godzilla......
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Let's not forget The Patriot. Blech. Although I suppose it was his most sincere effort...
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 1:18 pm

I have spent some time thinking about movies that I am not a fan of so here goes. My list will undoubtedly garner some feedback but who cares. I am not a movie or telly kind of individual. When I watch a movie, my philosophy is that movies are for escapes from reality. That being said, these are movies that garner a cringe at their mention and further viewing could induce vomiting.

1. The Goonies
2. Jurassic Park 3
3. Scream
4. anything with Martin Lawrence
5. anything with Adam Sandler
6. The Aviator
7. Titanic
8. Scarface
9. Erin Brockovich
10. Romeo & Juliet (1996)

Edit: add the Matrix series
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 1:00 am

I saw that someone mentioned Karate Kid 3. What about the new Karate Kid film, the one about a kid who doesn't learn Karate!!! sick 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 1:06 am

jettafiend wrote:
I have spent some time thinking about movies that I am not a fan of so here goes. My list will undoubtedly garner some feedback but who cares. I am not a movie or telly kind of individual. When I watch a movie, my philosophy is that movies are for escapes from reality. That being said, these are movies that garner a cringe at their mention and further viewing could induce vomiting.

1. The Goonies
2. Jurassic Park 3
3. Scream
4. anything with Martin Lawrence
5. anything with Adam Sandler
6. The Aviator
7. Titanic
8. Scarface
9. Erin Brockovich
10. Romeo & Juliet (1996)

Edit: add the Matrix series
I must say, this one was surprising. I enjoyed...well, all of these to some extent. Well, except #4, and #5 is spotty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 2:47 am

The Goonies is vastly overrated.  
Jurassic Park 3 was okay until you realize they didn't have an ending so they just said screw it and rolled credits.  
Scream was fun when it was first released but too many sequels have tarnished it...and repeated viewings show it wasn't that great to begin with.  
Not a fan of either Lawrence or Sandler.  
I liked The Aviator, it was worth it just to see Kate Beckinsale play Ava Gardner.  
Titanic is about 50% successful but works best when the characters aren't saying anything.
Scarface is not a good film, undeniably popular, but really just an exploitation film with delusions of grandeur.  
I have no issues with Erin Brockovich, Steven Soderbergh is one of my favorite directors.  
I've never seen that version of Romeo & Juliet.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 2:55 am

S.D. wrote:
The Goonies is vastly overrated.  
Jurassic Park 3 was okay until you realize they didn't have an ending so they just said screw it and rolled credits.  
Scream was fun when it was first released but too many sequels have tarnished it...and repeated viewings show it wasn't that great to begin with.  
Not a fan of either Lawrence or Sandler.  
I liked The Aviator, it was worth it just to see Kate Beckinsale play Ava Gardner.  
Titanic is about 50% successful but works best when the characters aren't saying anything.
Scarface is not a good film, undeniably popular, but really just an exploitation film with delusions of grandeur.  
I have no issues with Erin Brockovich, Steven Soderbergh is one of my favorite directors.  
I've never seen that version of Romeo & Juliet.
Same here on each title, except I've seen R&J and Goonies is really just a guilty, nostalgic favorite of mine. The best thing about that movie is the Altman-style overlapping dialogue between the kids. Otherwise it's pretty damn goofy.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 2:59 am

I have to own up to liking Happy Gilmore, but It didn't take very long to get utterly sick of Sandler.

I really didn't bother with Jurassic Park 2 or 3. One the dinosaurs in your dinosaur amusement park go crazy once, you would think that would be the end of that crazy idea, i couldn't be bothered seeing the convoluted explanations for why this wouldn't be so.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 4:31 am

The Goonies is awesome. You guys are dead to me!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 5:12 am

corplhicks wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
I just don't care about movies enough hate them, let alone watch 99% of them. I own a few, like maybe 20, my kids have about that many also. I honestly had to look up the S.D.'s list because I didn't recognize any names on it. There are some that I like, and some that I don't.
S.D.'s list is basically comprised of the worst directors working today, Boll being the universal worst. In fact...

I think I smell a poll!
Then ya might wanna take a shower then thatll linger on ya for days..........

I dont care enough about movies to hate them or be angered by watching one for the first time. Why not do a thread of MOST LOVED movies?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 7:37 am

The Goonies is a great kids movie! It wasn't meant to be an "intellectual" drama.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 7:43 am

jettafiend wrote:
Titanic

A good sinking marred by 3 hours of the worst romantic drivel...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 7:48 am

One movie I really hate is Night of the Living Dead 3-D starring Sid Haig.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 7:53 am

kmorg wrote:
I'll have to add 2012!!

2012 was hilarious. The problem is, it wasn't intended to be a comedy. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 8:50 am

I hated District 9.
I thought the preview looked great! I even ditched my friends that night because they wanted to see something else.
What did I get?
I got what felt like a 3 hour eviction notice with only the last 15 minutes being good.angry
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 9:14 am

kmorg wrote:

I'll have to add 2012!!

'10,000 B.C.' is worse.

Addy wrote:
Why not do a thread of MOST LOVED movies?
Because it would turn into this thread.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 1:48 pm

Troublezone wrote:
One movie I really hate is Night of the Living Dead 3-D starring Sid Haig.
I have that on DVD. Have yet to watch it.Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 2:13 pm

A couple more:

Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday - Nine movies into the series and out of nowhere they suddenly decide to give Jason Voorhees a ton of backstory and family history, plus the ability to "jump" from one body to another. What the f*ck? I actually considered asking for my money back after sitting thru this one.

The entire Twilight series - my wife LOVES these stinkin' movies so I have had to sit through each of them with her. I now understand why some animals, when caught in a trap, will chew off their own leg in order to escape. If you have a penis, there is absolutely NO reason whatsoever to watch these films.

Meet Joe Black - My wife rented this one years ago and it was just doing NOTHING for me. About 90 minutes in I thought to myself "Damn, this movie sucks, but at least it should be over soon." - I then glanced at the back of the video box and realized with horror that the movie's run time was THREE HOURS, so I had another 90 minutes to go!!

To this day, any time my wife complains about sitting through a SyFy Channel movie or something similarly craptacular that I pick out, I tell her "Hey, at least it was shorter than 'Meet Joe Black'. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
A couple more:

Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday - Nine movies into the series and out of nowhere they suddenly decide to give Jason Voorhees a ton of backstory and family history, plus the ability to "jump" from one body to another. What the f*ck? I actually considered asking for my money back after sitting thru this one.
That's the interesting thing about slasher movies. Here I beg and beg for more character in my movies, but when they try to do it with a serial killer, it backfires. Better to leave them ominous and enigmatic so the killing is more sporadic, unexpected, and gruesome, right?

EDIT: I'm reminded of Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer with Michael Rooker (Walking Dead fame at this point). That was a fine wire to balance where he shares some of his disturbed backstory but at the same time he's his own unreliable narrator, so you never end up knowing if it all was the truth or not. This alone makes for a very unnerving and threatening killer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most Hated Movies!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: