Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most Hated Movies!

Go down 
+15
Troublezone
Addy
Leatherface
manny
tohostudios
Required Fields
jettafiend
kmorg
thejokeriv
Orion Crystal Ice
jstate
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
corplhicks
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 1:53 am

Since we're discussing this about bands in a separate forum, why not movies? Here goes...

10. Star Trek V
9. Twilight
8. Psycho remake
7. Diary of the Dead
6. Matrix Revolutions
5. Pearl Harbor
4. Burton's Planet of the Apes
3. All the Star Wars prequels tied up into one bunch
2. Alien Resurrection
1. Armageddon

There are a slew of bad movies I've seen, but these made me very, very angry inside upon watching them.

Emmerich's The Patriot and M. Night's Lady in the Water almost made it here as well.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:06 am

Probably too many to mention but I'll give it a go

10. Twilight
9. The Italian Job remake (f**kers! angry )
8. Get Carter remake (see above)
7. The Day After Tomorrow
6. Stepbrothers
5. Anything Fast and/or Furious.
4. The Matrix Reanything
3. North by Northwest (the most over rated film of all time)
2. Hot Tub Time Machine
1. Judge Dredd (the Stallone one)
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:22 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Probably too many to mention but I'll give it a go

10. Twilight
9. The Italian Job remake (f**kers! angry )
8. Get Carter remake (see above)
7. The Day After Tomorrow
6. Stepbrothers
5. Anything Fast and/or Furious.
4. The Matrix Reanything
3. North by Northwest (the most over rated film of all time)
2. Hot Tub Time Machine
1. Judge Dredd (the Stallone one)
Good call on Dredd.

You know, everyone hated Stepbrothers, but when I saw it my sides hurt from laughing so hard. I think I just dig twisted, violent, irreverent humor.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 3:23 am

corplhicks wrote:

You know, everyone hated Stepbrothers, but when I saw it my sides hurt from laughing so hard. I think I just dig twisted, violent, irreverent humor.
So do I but that film made me cringe! I don't mind Will Ferrell and John C Reilly had just been really funny in Walk Hard but I absolutely hated it!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 9:45 am

Just off the top of my head...

Superman IV: The Quest For Peace

Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers

Carnage (1984) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185976/?ref_=fn_al_tt_10 - a shithouse, no-budget haunted house movie that is hands down the worst "film" I have ever seen in my life... and considering the kinds of crap that I watch on a near daily basis, that's really sayin' something.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:03 am

My two big ones are Batman & Robin and the Karate Kid 3.

I was on a date for Batman & Robin and being in my 20's you know the thoughts, hopes, plans that such things entail. I was a fan of everyone in that movie, but damn did that thing ruin my evening. Not even a goodnight kiss, and it wasn't just her. That movie monstrosity just sucked out my will to live right on the spot. I've often thought of re-visiting it just to see but can't bring myself to do it.

Nobody was a bigger fan of the first Karate Kid than I was. When it opened I went three times that first weekend. I wasn't expecting a lot from Part three. But did I ever hate it. I have gone back and watched it again when it came on Starz once. Reality is it's just a boring movie where nothing really happens. I also think it may be the only teenager movie where the lead girl is just a "friend", there are no romantic entanglements/interests/pursuits, and she just leaves for home never to be seen again halfway through the movie. Robyn Lively deserved so much better.

Can't say if it is hate or not, but Ghost & The Darkness is the only movie I've ever fell asleep during at a theater.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:28 am

Quote :
I've often thought of re-visiting it just to see but can't bring myself to do it.
I last saw "Batman & Robin" a couple of years ago when it came on TV one rainy Sunday afternoon. My son, who was about five at the time, asked to watch it so I sat down with him, thinking "It can't possibly be as bad as I remember... could it?"

...aaaaand yep, it was. My son LOVED it though! Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 11:25 am

I'm gonna come right out and say I really like Star Trek V. :p

A few turds from the past decade that instantly come to mind are...

Hostel
Cloud Atlas
Godsend

and my brain is starting to slow, because there are so many bad movies...

I could say Super Mario Bros., but you know what you're getting into there, so how bad does that count as.....
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:55 pm

Movies I was forced to watch and hated (OK, not forced, but obviously involved a female):

Pretty Woman
Steel Magnolias

Horrid flicks
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 1:03 pm

The third Matrix movie for sure! The second one was bad as well, but the third one was utter crap. Made no sense at all!

Also the 4th Indiana Jones movie. Talk about CGI ruining a movie!!

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:19 pm

I'll stick with directors for the moment...

Anything directed by Michael Bay.
Anything directed by Roland Emmerich.
Anything directed by Joel Schumacher.
Anything directed by Uwe Boll.
Almost anything directed by Paul W.S. Anderson (exception: Event Horizon)
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:27 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'll stick with directors for the moment...

Anything directed by Michael Bay.
Anything directed by Roland Emmerich.
Anything directed by Joel Schumacher.  
Anything directed by Uwe Boll.
Almost anything directed by Paul W.S. Anderson (exception: Event Horizon)
This is dead on. I do have four guilty pleasures, however: ID4, Falling Down, Resident Evil, The Island, but nothing at all from Boll. No way.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39554

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:44 pm

2 that come to mind for me :

Independence Day (what a waste of time, it had potential)

Interview With The Vampire (Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt? snorefest for me)
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 4:30 pm

Now let's all keep in mind we're talking about hated movies. Not just bad or boring movies, but ones that actually angered you upon first viewing.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 5:31 pm

I just don't care about movies enough hate them, let alone watch 99% of them. I own a few, like maybe 20, my kids have about that many also. I honestly had to look up the S.D.'s list because I didn't recognize any names on it. There are some movies that I like, and some movies that I don't.

Last edited by jettafiend on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 5:33 pm

jettafiend wrote:
I just don't care about movies enough hate them, let alone watch 99% of them. I own a few, like maybe 20, my kids have about that many also. I honestly had to look up the S.D.'s list because I didn't recognize any names on it. There are some that I like, and some that I don't.
S.D.'s list is basically comprised of the worst directors working today, Boll being the universal worst. In fact...

I think I smell a poll!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 6:44 pm

corplhicks wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
I just don't care about movies enough hate them, let alone watch 99% of them. I own a few, like maybe 20, my kids have about that many also. I honestly had to look up the S.D.'s list because I didn't recognize any names on it. There are some that I like, and some that I don't.
S.D.'s list is basically comprised of the worst directors working today, Boll being the universal worst.
Nope. Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer are infinitely worse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 7:43 pm

007 wrote:

I thought I was the only one who thought Independence Day sucked. Way too long given it's derivative premise IMO. I absolutely hated that thing.

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:

I thought I was the only one who thought Independence Day sucked.  Way too long given it's derivative premise IMO.  I absolutely hated that thing.  
Independence Day is easily one of the absolute DUMBEST films to ever be released by a major studio. I saw it in the theater with a couple friends when it first premiered and we just couldn't stop laughing about how incredibly BAD it was. We had much more fun ripping it to shreds after the screening than we did watching the movie.

Stargate was pretty dumb as well, but it's practically Shakespearean when compared to ID4 or his godawful remake of Godzilla.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39554

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:07 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Now let's all keep in mind we're talking about hated movies. Not just bad or boring movies, but ones that actually angered you upon first viewing.

If a movie is bad (in a bad way,not a good way) or boring , then I hate it and will never watch it again. I don't think I've ever actually been angered by a movie.
Back to top Go down

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:10 pm

Crash. It's hilarious how many critics have backtracked their opinions on this film since it was released. It got raves at first but is WIDELY panned now. The idea behind the movie was sound...but the actual execution was one of the most manipulative I've ever experienced. A few powerful moments lost amidst a sea of melodrama.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:11 pm

I thought I was the only one who wasn't drinking up that film.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:19 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Oh, believe me... I f*cking HATED "Halloween 5." I paid good money to see that in a theatre and when the lights came up at the end I hollered "WHAT THE F*CK? THEY RUINED IT!" Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:52 pm

S.D. wrote:
Crash.  It's hilarious how many critics have backtracked their opinions on this film since it was released.  It got raves at first but is WIDELY panned now.  The idea behind the movie was sound...but the actual execution was one of the most manipulative I've ever experienced.  A few powerful moments lost amidst a sea of melodrama.
I liked the film, but felt it was over the top and the director went out of his way to pound his message home. I did enjoy the performances from the cast. I have to agree powerful moments lost in a sea of melodrama
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 9:16 pm

manny wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Crash.  It's hilarious how many critics have backtracked their opinions on this film since it was released.  It got raves at first but is WIDELY panned now.  The idea behind the movie was sound...but the actual execution was one of the most manipulative I've ever experienced.  A few powerful moments lost amidst a sea of melodrama.
I liked the film, but felt it was over the top and the director went out of his way to pound his message home. I did enjoy the performances from the cast.  I have to agree powerful moments lost in a sea of melodrama
Yeah but those sex scenes were just...wow. It deserved its NC-17 for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Most Hated Movies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most Hated Movies!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next