Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old Priest

Go down 
+14
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
Lari
mc666
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
Orion Crystal Ice
metalinmyveins
tohostudios
corplhicks
onrypt
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Old Priest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 11:22 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

You know it's a fanny pack.
lol! 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 9:23 am

Dark Horseman wrote:

You know it's a fanny pack.
I don't use the fanny pack anymore. The last time I wore one someone took my picture and put it on that People of Walmart site...

Old Priest - Page 2 FannypackFat

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 9:29 am

corplhicks wrote:
Anyone here ever get bored of Painkiller?
Nope. It was my intro to the band, as a metal hungry 12-year-old, and it is still my favorite Priest album. I can listen to it any time.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 9:44 am

Quote :
Anyone here ever get bored of Painkiller?
I loved it when it was new (saw'em twice on that tour) but nowadays it only gets occasional spins. I don't think it has aged very well.

You can tell that they'd been watching the thrash bands getting all the love and were trying to play "catch-up," i.e. "Hey kids, check us out! We can be just as screamy and fast and bad-ass as those guys!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 10:12 am

I don't have much of a preference to Priest, new or old. Just depends on what kind of mood I'm in I guess. Some days it's Sad Wings, some days it's Painkiller. This week, it was '98 Live Meltdown. Old Priest - Page 2 604261 

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 11:36 am

FF, might want to go with black instead of yellow. I hear it's slimming.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:09 pm

Painkiller is a beast of an album, with Tipton/Downing kicking up their technique a massive notch, the riffs of Nightcrawler and One Shot at Glory, the raw emotion of Touch of Evil, the breakdown in Metal Meltdown, the mean spirit of the title track...so no complaints here. It just seems that, out of every good or great album Priest has made, this is the one that I don't revisit often. I dunno, maybe played it too much as a kid or something, but if that's the case then I should be hating SFV by now and I still play that like it's 1982.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:17 pm

SINNAH!

SINNAH!

SINNAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
SINNNAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
SINNNNAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
SINNAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

sinnah sinnah SInnAHH SINNAAHH!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Not a fan of Painkiller, honestly not a fan of anything after Defenders Of The Faith.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:46 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
SINNAH!

SINNAH!

SINNAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
SINNNAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
SINNNNAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
SINNAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

sinnah sinnah SInnAHH SINNAAHH!!
headbanger 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:47 pm

S.D. wrote:
Not a fan of Painkiller, honestly not a fan of anything after Defenders Of The Faith.  
Angel of Retribution? Horrible name for an album, I know...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:49 pm

I still have never heard Rocka Rolla. The others are quite good. Probably my favorite of the early material is Stained Class , Saints In Hell and Beyond The Realms Of Death are killer !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:20 pm

corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Angel of Retribution? Horrible name for an album, I know...
That's a decent enough album, I enjoyed it. However, when I get in the mood to hear Judas Priest there's a 95% chance I'm going to grab something from the late 70s or very early 80s.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:55 pm

As I've mentioned previously, Priest's best albums to me are Sad Wings of Destiny, Sin After Sin, and Stained Class, with Sin After Sin being my favorite. I get bored of their other stuff fairly quickly, to be honest, but those three are phenomenal.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:44 pm

For me, the golden era of Judas Priest is from Rocka Roll thru to Defenders of the Faith.

From the 70s my faves:

1. Sad Wings of Destiny
2. Hell Bent For Leather / Killing Machine
3. Stained Class
4. Sin After Sin
5. Rock Rolla

From the early - mid 80s:
1. Defenders of the Faith
2. Point of Entry
3. Screaming For Vengeance
4. British Steel

Over time I have become a big fan of Point of Entry. It is generally less liked than most of Priest's older albums but imo it's one of those albums that takes several spins to fully appreciate. At least that's how it grew on me. Some of the songs are very unlike Judas Priest's style but that's part of the charm of the album - it's not a predictable album.

Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Sad Wings thru Screaming For Vengeance is an unparalleled run of sheer genius. I can't think of another band who has had a good as run as this.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Well, it didn't quite end with Screaming for Vengeance... I think Defenders of the Faith was probably their finest work.
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 6:57 pm

I am a big fan of Defenders too , Turbo, and Painkiller as well, shoot basically all Priest is fine by me. I just think those six are an incredible run of excellence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Priest   Old Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Priest
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2