Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood

Go down 
+14
Wargod
EmoElmo
ZombieHavoc
Shawn Of Fire
corplhicks
James B.
jstate
mc666
nevermore
Thelemech
Fat Freddy
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:20 am

Another strong clip from them. This is sounding like a winner.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 11:24 am

We have two more released songs. The first one is "Fallen". I listened to this a few days ago, but it didn't do as much for me, like that of the title track or "Caster of Shame", BUT the newest track "Son of the Morning" is my favorite so far. I'm really looking forward to this album!

http://www.deathangel.us/#!tdcfb/c6sm ("Son of the Morning" streaming)

Enjoy...
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 8:23 am

Stream the whole album:

http://www.deathangel.us/#!tdcfb/c6sm

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 5:14 pm

I. Am. Loving. This. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:56 am

Mine is on it's way
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 11:20 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Stream the whole album:

http://www.deathangel.us/#!tdcfb/c6sm

This sounded better than I expected. I just may pick this one up afterall.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 12:19 pm

I listened to it yesterday on Spotify. It's pretty good. New thrash sounds so digital to me, and this is no exception.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 12:33 pm

I ran through it...some of it reminded me of Slayer (which is not a bad thing)...it was cool.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 12:55 pm

It does get Slayer-esque here and there--has that fierce brutality going on. Pretty intense and addictive.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 12:07 am

Listened to it again the whole way through today. This should be getting more attention. Mark's shouting is even more intense than the past few albums, and the riffing is more memorable IMO. A lot of songs caught on quite quick, and I'm humming them even more now. Fantastic stuff from a band that refuses to let up.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 8:37 pm

Yep this album is pretty intense, to the core....easily one of my top 5 Thrash release of 2013 so far
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 1:58 am

It's definitely a more intense affair. Just what I was wanting from them.

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 11:04 am

I've been on vacation since the 11th, so I haven't had a chance to listen to the album in its entirety. I will try and give it a listen either tonight or tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 5:00 pm

Got mine today along with 10 other cds.

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 6:20 am

I like this way better than their last album. Good use of gang vocals.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:07 am

Grimmo wrote:
I've for the most part loathed gang vocals, as they were a predictable element used by thrash bands back in the day, but I have always enjoyed Death Angel's approach when using them.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 4:06 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Grimmo wrote:
I've for the most part loathed gang vocals, as they were a predictable element used by thrash bands back in the day, but I have always enjoyed Death Angel's approach when using them.
Overkill used them well too. Anthrax kind of got on my nerves when they did it. But funnily enough the worst contender in my arena is Vicious Rumors. ONE. WORLD. ONE. CHURCH or however it went. Kind of marred a couple of great songs, really.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:49 pm

A couple listens in and it already is a contender for my favorite of the year. I'm a Death Angel fanboy, what can I say. I even really dug the cover of Heaven & Hell (as overdone as a cover as that that song is).
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 9:05 pm

I've given this numerous listens and have to say it's a great release. Better than what they've done recently (and I though the last few were really good),
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 10:11 pm

New stuff is kickin!This is easily their best work since the first 3.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 10:06 am

I must not have been in the mood for it the first time I played it 'cause it didn't kick my butt like I was expecting. I'll give it another spin. Everyone seems to be saying this is their best since the 80's stuff so I'm sure I will dig it more upon further spins.

Metal student
Metal student
firestarter

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 12:51 pm

For me it is the weakest Death Angel album to date.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 1:01 pm

My favorite Death Angel albums are Frolic Through The Park and Act III, the albums where they branched out stylistically and mixed in other elements with thrash. This new one is a little too straight-ahead to keep my interest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood   Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2