Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?

Go down 
+26
chewie
Gryphon-kl
Wurthless
snooloui
Sutekh
Lari
Wayne
Witchfinder
ZombieHavoc
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
manny
stepcousin
MoonChild
journeyman
chilejay7
Troublezone
brokentulsa
bgsully
Boris2008
nevermore
corplhicks
thejokeriv
bass63
Dellocatus
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Maiden England
Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 6 ]
En Vivo!
Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Death On The Road
Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rock In Rio
Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 8 ]
A Real Live One
Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Live At Donington 1992
Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Live After Death
Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 43% [ 16 ]
Maiden Japan
Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:14 am

Live After Death has a nostalgic value to me that could never be surpassed.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Rock in Rio was the last one I bought as a new release. Maiden are releasing live albums with every other studio album. They're becoming like Kiss with all the live albums and compilations.

Also, you left off all the live albums that were part of the Eddie's Archives; BBC Archives and Beast Over Hammersmith. Both are good live albums.

I voted "Live After Death" because I was such a huge fan when that one came out and I listened to it over and over again. "Maiden Japan" would be right up there as well. Love the old D'Anno material.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 12:58 pm

I have only ever owned (and heard) three. I had both Live After Death and Maiden Japan on vinyl, and a copy of A Real Dead One on cassette.

I don't see A Real Dead One listed in the poll, and that was probably the one I listened to the most. However, the reason for that was my work vehicle at the time had a cassette player. So the tape got played a lot.

I liked both vinyls I had. Live After Death was, as mentioned, an immense package. I miss having that record. So I went with that one. It's classic and the packaging is excellent.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:08 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:

an immense package.
Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Thats+what+she+said

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

an immense package.
Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Thats+what+she+said
Haha, how could you NOT post that in response.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Live After Death and then Maiden England. The rest are not essential.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:43 pm

Maiden England for me. Seventh son is my favourite maiden album and I love the set list on maiden England plus they seem right on top of their game performance wise.

As much as the recent maiden England tour was amazing (saw it in london last week) I was disappointed they messed about with the set list. Apart from the early years part 1 tour where they did stick to the first four albums only they've messed around too much with the set list for the last two 'history' tours. Somewhere in time was supposed to recreate the world slavery tour yet included moonchild amoung others that were not around in that time period. With the latest they dropped some real classics like infinite dreams, still life and die with your boots on and stuck afraid to shoot strangers and the ever present fear of the dark. Wish they would have stuck to the era's a bit more.

Still nit picking really when they are such a great band to watch live.

Last edited by Wayne on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:45 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
To you!

Maiden Japan is the only one that's essential to me (I also own Live After Death but just for nostalgia really)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:19 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
To you!

Maiden Japan is the only one that's essential to me (I also own Live After Death but just for nostalgia really)
No doubt. Maiden Japan is essential NWOBHM! headbanger 

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:24 pm

Beast Over Hammersmith is monstrous, I prefer it to Live After Death.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 7:35 pm

Live After Death is a band recording a live album during their creative high, full of energy and history says it's a definitive heavy metal classic.

Rock in Rio is a nice look at a band during their later days.

The rest, not essential but all very nice.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:25 pm

Live After Death was my first exposure to Maiden, so that's a sentimental choice. En Vivo covers most eras in one setlist. I'd pick Rock in Rio, though, for the mix of old and new, and the signs that the band weren't done yet.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:54 am

Rock In Rio for me. Live After Death is good, but it doesn't include all of their best material whereas Rock In Rio is a good retrospective of their career. It's just a shame that the DVD picture quality isn't great. I guess the format it was recorded in means that it will never be made available on Blu-ray Sad
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:54 pm

S.D. wrote:
Beast Over Hammersmith is monstrous, I prefer it to Live After Death.
Yeah, if that one were on the poll it would've gotten my vote. I have to go with Rock in Rio, though. Just an immense live album.
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:59 pm

For nostalgia reasons, Live After Death beats out Rock in Rio for me. Of the others, Maiden Japan is too short, Bruce's voice is pretty bad on A Real Live One, and I haven't heard the others.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:52 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
To you!

Maiden Japan is excellent, but it's just too short. I do have the Maiden Japan Complete bootleg and I wish Maiden would release an official version.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:50 am

Not a fan of live albums but I do have to say that Live After Death got a lot of play from me and my friends. I've never heard any other live Maiden albums except for A Real Live One and A Real Dead One and neither of those come close to Live After Death. L.A.D. is a no-brainer for me.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:08 am

Live After Death
Maiden Japan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:52 am

A Real Live One and A Real Dead One are embarrassments, Maiden should really just let those go out of print.  The band was completely burned out and Bruce had one foot out the door, which you can hear in these lackluster performances.

Rock In Rio was a strong enough release to get me buying Iron Maiden albums again. I had jumped ship after Fear Of The Dark and didn't realistically expect I would ever be an active Maiden fan again. But then I bought the DVD of Rock In Rio on a whim and enjoyed it so much that it pulled me right back in.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 5:36 am

Maiden England for me. Glad it has been reprinted on cd.

My second choice would be Live After Death.

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 12:51 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Maiden Japan is excellent, but it's just too short. I do have the Maiden Japan Complete bootleg and I wish Maiden would release an official version.  
I don't think it's too short, it's very satisfying for a 5 song EP. It was my introduction to the Dianno lineup and I still play it constantly.

The live version of Remember Tomorrow on Maiden Japan is one of their definitive moments.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 7:51 pm

Where does Raising Hell rank?

Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 1027461_c24

I've watched it twice on VHS a long time ago (borrowed from library), and remember it being super cheesy. I don't remember the sound being great either, but I think it was a lot of fun anyway. I know there's a DVD version available too, but I haven't seen it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Lari wrote:
Where does Raising Hell rank?

Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 1027461_c24

I've watched it twice on VHS a long time ago (borrowed from library), and remember it being super cheesy. I don't remember the sound being great either, but I think it was a lot of fun anyway. I know there's a DVD version available too, but I haven't seen it.
Fans are pretty much divided on this one. Some enjoy the novelty of it, some can't see past the lackluster stage presence and stinky illusionist cheese. I ride the fence. It's fun, but the band just isn't really into it. It's like Iron Maiden's bad b-movie. So bad it's good etc.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:11 pm

One of the worst things I've seen.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:09 pm

IMO 'Raising Fear' is horrid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden?   Which is your favorite live album by Iron Maiden? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next