Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Were you more sad to see Priest without Rob or KK?

Go down 
+17
ElectricEye93
bass63
Troublezone
Dark Horseman
MetalRob331
Lari
manny
corplhicks
ultmetal
James B.
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
MoonChild
krokus
Boris2008
Mglaffas81
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Were you more sad to see Priest without Rob or KK?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Were you more sad to see Priest without Rob or KK?    Were you more sad to see Priest without Rob or KK?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:14 am

One of the positives about Rob's departure was that if forced the band to play smaller, cheaper venues.

I got to see JP with Owens for about $30 bucks and was 10 feet from the stage. I could practically reach out and touch Ian's bald spot. When I saw them a few years later during the reunion, it was at Ozz-Fest for much more money and 100 miles from the stage in the festival seating area where people vomitted right where they stood and some chick dropped trou and peed.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Were you more sad to see Priest without Rob or KK?    Were you more sad to see Priest without Rob or KK?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:19 am

Quote :
One of the positives about Rob's departure was that if forced the band to play smaller, cheaper venues.
Ditto on Rob's side of the equation. I saw him w/Fight on their War Of Words tour in a little shoe box sized club in Asbury Park, NJ. At one point I was right up against the front of the stage, five or six feet away from the Metal God himself.

I paid fifteen bucks for that ticket, and it was one of the best shows I ever saw in my life.  headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Were you more sad to see Priest without Rob or KK?    Were you more sad to see Priest without Rob or KK?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Title says it all
KK Downing, When Rob Halford left there was a good replacement Ripper owens but I don' think the new guitarist is good enough to be in Priest.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Were you more sad to see Priest without Rob or KK?    Were you more sad to see Priest without Rob or KK?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 7:59 pm

fingers wrote:
I don' think the new guitarist is good enough to be in Priest.
What made you come to that conclusion?

fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Were you more sad to see Priest without Rob or KK?    Were you more sad to see Priest without Rob or KK?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 8:03 pm

mc666 wrote:
fingers wrote:
I don' think the new guitarist is good enough to be in Priest.
What made you come to that conclusion?
I saw that guitarist in Lauren Harris's band when they were opening for Iron Maiden back in 2008 and I thought he was a real Zakk Wylde wannabe and Lauren Harris' band was abit weak sounded like (Zakk Wylde era) Ozzy Osbourne meets Kesha. Its made me loose my respect for Priest they should of got one of the guitarists from Primal Fear instead. I also won't bother buying any more upcoming albums by them unless they get rid of that guitarist.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Were you more sad to see Priest without Rob or KK?    Were you more sad to see Priest without Rob or KK?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 8:36 pm

fingers wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Title says it all
KK Downing, When Rob Halford left there was a good replacement Ripper owens but I don' think the new guitarist is good enough to be in Priest.
Were you more sad to see Priest without Rob or KK?  - Page 2 352445 
Richie is awesome.

I can see the similarities to Zakk Wylde thing, but how on earth is that a bad thing? I'm sure Richie had little creative control over Lauryn Harris' music anyway, he was just there to shred.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Were you more sad to see Priest without Rob or KK?    Were you more sad to see Priest without Rob or KK?  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Were you more sad to see Priest without Rob or KK?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2