Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!

Go down 
+8
candlemass
stormspell
James B.
BillRoxx
MetallicSeminarian
bgsully
corplhicks
ultmetal
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Empty
PostSubject: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 11:48 pm

http://untombed.com/roxxproductions_to_-re-issue-vengeancerising_-humansacrifice

Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! VRBanner

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:55 am

Good Lord. I'm saving my money NOW.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:56 am

Scott,

Quote :
The artwork is set to be completely recreated to resemble the original artwork using prints from the original photo sessions for the album cover by graphic artist Scott Waters.

Is this you??
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:50 am

It is. :-)

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:03 am

Nice! Now that's something worth buying!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:27 pm

ultmetal wrote:
It is. :-)

Cool, I had no idea. I anticipate seeing your work.

Saving money for the pre-order.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:08 pm

Sweet! Whenever I'm in the mood for some VR, I almost always throw on "human sacrifice."
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:31 pm

This is coming out really nice! Scott is doing an amazing job on this. We are trying to keep it as close to original as possible. This will truly be a nice celebration piece for the 25th anniversary!

Any one in HOM that would come to California if we pulled off a special show?
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:21 pm

BillRoxx wrote:
This is coming out really nice! Scott is doing an amazing job on this. We are trying to keep it as close to original as possible. This will truly be a nice celebration piece for the 25th anniversary!

Any one in HOM that would come to California if we pulled off a special show?

Absolutely.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:09 am

The artwork and music masters for the Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc were delivered to the pressing plant today! The artwork looks fantastic! Thanks to Scott Waters Can't wait to see and hear the finished product! Cool trivia this place in LA also pressed the classic Stryper 'To Hell with the Devil' picture disc! Only 300 copies being pressed and they are going quick! Get yours now! And dont forget the Limited Edition Poster!

http://roxxproductions.storenvy.com/collections/1982-preorders
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:39 am

The artwork on the front cover is from the same photo sessions as the original cover art but it's a slightly different shot. It's a fantastic looking picture disc.

Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Go ahead and post it when you can Scott! It came out awesome! Great job!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 5:56 pm

Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! 577179_552744924790921_123443438_n

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 6:10 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! 577179_552744924790921_123443438_n

God...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 6:14 pm

wonder if Pastor Bob is wearing black ?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:27 pm

Nice! What's on the flip side?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:31 pm

What is the big deal w/vinyl w/some of you? I have no interest in it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:02 pm

stormspell wrote:
Nice! What's on the flip side?

Lyrics, live photos, and the original English text that was on the original record. Looks great but Roxx doesn't want to reveal the back yet.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:44 pm

candlemass wrote:

Outside of being an aesthetically awesome collectable, there are many pros to vinyl over CD, not the least which is sound quality. I've not the time now to list said pro's; anyone want to take over for me (I bet there's a thread about this somewhere)?

To keep things on topic, I'd want to buy two of these: one to spin and one to display in some immortal fashion. Great work, Scott!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 12:08 am

candlemass wrote:

p\Picture discs are just kewl to collect, they usually sound inferior to a normal vinyl release. I have alot of vinyl and it is what I prefer to listen to. I also have stereo equipment with tubes, so they kinda/sorta go hand in hand. I'd rather hear actual sound captured than emulated through processing. Just me, I guess ? No big deal though either way, if ya dig vinyl or not.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 12:24 am

James B. wrote:
candlemass wrote:

p\Picture discs are just kewl to collect, they usually sound inferior to a normal vinyl release.  I have alot of vinyl and it is what I prefer to listen to.  I also have stereo equipment with tubes, so they kinda/sorta go hand in hand.  I'd rather hear actual sound captured than emulated through processing.  Just me, I guess ?  No big deal though either way, if ya dig vinyl or not.

TIL picture discs are lower quality than their companion vinyl. Had no idea.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:51 am

BillRoxx wrote:
The artwork and music masters for the Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc were delivered to the pressing plant today! The artwork looks fantastic! Thanks to Scott Waters Can't wait to see and hear the finished product! Cool trivia this place in LA also pressed the classic Stryper 'To Hell with the Devil' picture disc! Only 300 copies being pressed and they are going quick! Get yours now! And dont forget the Limited Edition Poster!

http://roxxproductions.storenvy.com/collections/1982-preorders
on the LP only pre-order it says -
"Special Drawings will take place for all pre-orders. We will be randomly giving away some old school VR items including some rare posters, white throne magazines, guitar picks, and misc. CD's! "

but not on the LP & poster link it doesn't ?
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:54 am

corplhicks wrote:
James B. wrote:
candlemass wrote:
p\Picture discs are just kewl to collect, they usually sound inferior to a normal vinyl release.  I have alot of vinyl and it is what I prefer to listen to.  I also have stereo equipment with tubes, so they kinda/sorta go hand in hand.  I'd rather hear actual sound captured than emulated through processing.  Just me, I guess ?  No big deal though either way, if ya dig vinyl or not.
TIL picture discs are lower quality than their companion vinyl. Had no idea.
yes, pic discs will sound worse than regular vinyl, or even coloured vinyl, but this time, it should be ok.
I have some pic discs by noisy bands that benefited from this format, so the VR debut should sound great if it is grittier or crunchier than the original vinyl or cassette.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:02 pm

I always wondered why people thought that picture discs sound worse. I've read comments that people say there is more snaps and pops in the sound, but that to me sounds like an album that is used, not properly cared for and not in 'mint' condition. I asked a manufacturing plant about the difference in sound and they told me there shouldn't really be a difference. Generally there's nothing intrinsically inferior about clear vinyl, which is all a picture disc is. Vinyl is clear without the carbon black or other color agents added. I have the white vinyl version of Soldiers Under Command that I've owned since it was a new release forty years ago and it still sounds great. I played it quite a bit back in they day, but it still plays fine forty years later. Colored vinyl and the clear vinyl aren't much different. I think it comes down to the grade or the vinyl being used.

However, picture discs are really intended first and foremost as collectibles. They are usually pressed in small quantities due to the fact that they are more expensive to press than a regular vinyl and generally hold their value or go up in value over time. I've also read people who say that picture discs should never be played, which I suppose is ok if you are just a collector. However, what a waste of a record. I want to HEAR the music not just SEE the cover.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:49 pm

Quote :
Do picture discs have the same level of fidelity as a standard LP of the album?

Yes, in theory but often not in practice. For a normal black LP, Carbon Black is added to the clear vinyl to give it the colour. Thanks to the carbon, this also acts as a lubricant giving the stylus a smoother passage through the grooves. As the picture disc has less carbon black, you will generally hear more surface noise, but this will not cause any damage.

Does playing them damage the picture?

No.

Do they wear out faster than standard LP's?

No.

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc!   Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice picture disc! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next