Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite live albums...besides the basics

Go down 
+23
A Handful of Wayne
Louder
Fat Freddy
RAIDwarden
jstate
QuothTheRaven
manny
BearOnUnicycle
MoonChild
journeyman
tohostudios
Lari
Boris2008
bass63
ultmetal
jettafiend
metalken
thejokeriv
chewie
exact33
Orion Crystal Ice
corplhicks
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Favorite live albums...besides the basics - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite live albums...besides the basics   Favorite live albums...besides the basics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 9:55 am

corplhicks wrote:
Speaking of Maiden, maybe you guys can help me out. It seems with every live Maiden album, Nicko can't seem to keep things together during Two Minutes to Midnight. Whenever they reach the pre-chorus, the tempo seems to go out of whack. Is it just me?

It's just you
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Favorite live albums...besides the basics   Favorite live albums...besides the basics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I really like Pretty Maids - It Comes Alive and Freedom Call - Live Invasion. Both very 'lively' to me, as in not Live In The Studio. Pink Floyd's 'Ummagumma', the live disc of that of course. W.A.S.P. - Double Live Assassins is killer, but I'm suspect there may be studio trickery so perhaps not that one.

You forgot Saxon's Eagle Has Landed. Don't get better than that -- or "If You Want Blood."
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Favorite live albums...besides the basics   Favorite live albums...besides the basics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 5:10 pm

Horslips-Live At The O2
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Favorite live albums...besides the basics   Favorite live albums...besides the basics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 5:43 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:

You forgot Saxon's Eagle Has Landed. Don't get better than that 

Classic live album
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Favorite live albums...besides the basics   Favorite live albums...besides the basics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 5:51 pm

Allman Brothers Band-At Fillmore East is pretty much my top favorite (flucuates) The other are UFO, Rush, Humble Pie, and Kiss.

Joe Cocker's-Madmen & Englishmen is also top shelf stuff.

Most of my other favorites have been mentioned by Chewie and Manny (....and Ult)

Other favorites of mine not mentioned so far (I think) is MSG-Rock Will Never Die and One Night At Budokan. Those early Fleetwood Mac live 'blues" albums are great too.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite live albums...besides the basics   Favorite live albums...besides the basics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 5:54 pm

James, you have a pm sir.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite live albums...besides the basics   Favorite live albums...besides the basics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 6:01 pm

corplhicks wrote:
James, you have "a pm sir".

Is that also known as PMS ?

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Favorite live albums...besides the basics   Favorite live albums...besides the basics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 6:06 pm

James B. wrote:
Allman Brothers Band-At Fillmore East is pretty much my top favorite (flucuates) The other are UFO, Rush, Humble Pie, and Kiss.

Joe Cocker's-Madmen & Englishmen is also top shelf stuff.

Most of my other favorites have been mentioned by Chewie and Manny (....and Ult)

Other favorites of mine not mentioned so far (I think) is MSG-Rock Will Never Die and One Night At Budokan.   Those early Fleetwood Mac live 'blues" albums are great too.

I mentioned Fleetwood Mac's two Blues Jam In Chicago albums but they do have more good live stuff from that era. I've yet to hear any live stuff from the Welsh era.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite live albums...besides the basics   Favorite live albums...besides the basics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 6:09 pm

akeldama wrote:
I've yet to hear any live stuff from the Welsh era.

Let me scope out an eternal hard drive and see what I got.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Favorite live albums...besides the basics   Favorite live albums...besides the basics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 6:12 pm

James B. wrote:
akeldama wrote:
I've yet to hear any live stuff from the Welsh era.

Let me scope out an eternal hard drive and see what I got.  

Nice! I dig the Welsh era and also some of 'Kiln House' but that album would have been better had Welsh been involved.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favorite live albums...besides the basics   Favorite live albums...besides the basics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 10:06 am

Savatage - Live Devastation
W.A.S.P. - Double Live Assassins
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite live albums...besides the basics   Favorite live albums...besides the basics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 3:39 pm

Lynyrd Skynyrd-One More From The Road

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Favorite live albums...besides the basics   Favorite live albums...besides the basics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 4:07 pm

I had forgotten just how good Tokyo Tapes really is!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite live albums...besides the basics   Favorite live albums...besides the basics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 5:09 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I had forgotten just how good Tokyo Tapes really is!

It really is. I've never been huge about the Scorps, but that album is just crazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite live albums...besides the basics   Favorite live albums...besides the basics - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite live albums...besides the basics
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3