Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Deep Purple Lineup

Go down 
+24
ElectricEye93
Vexer6
nevermore
Troublezone
bass63
Witchfinder
chewie
thejokeriv
bgsully
stepcousin
BearOnUnicycle
MoonChild
Temple of Blood
Gryphon-kl
James B.
ultmetal
Dark Horseman
exact33
Lari
journeyman
MetallicSeminarian
manny
Boris2008
corplhicks
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which is the best DP lineup?
Mk I
Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Mk II
Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Vote_lcap88%Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 88% [ 29 ]
Mk III
Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Mk IV
 3% [ 1 ]
Mk V
Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Mk VI
 3% [ 1 ]
Mk VII
Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 6:17 am

MK II, especially 1970-1972
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 6:19 am

I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan, I own

Burn
Stormbringer
24crt Purple on vinyl

30 the Very Best of on CD

So by that logic, I should like Mk III more, but I don't, it's just the way things are, I have owned most of the records up to Perfect Strangers at one point, but nothing after.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 9:53 am

I am a sucker for Deep Purple - Ian Gillan vocals!

My collection includes:

Shades of Deep Purple, Deep Purple, Deep Purple in Rock, Fireball, Machine Head, Burn, Stormbringer, Perfect Strangers, The House of Blue Light, Slaves and Masters, The Battle Rages On,  Purpendicular, Rapture of the Deep.

California Jamming, Live in Japan, New York 1973, and Best of Deep Purple 30 years.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 11:06 am

Whoops! I voted mkI........I totally forgot they had albums before Gillan! Embarassed 
I should have voted mkII! lame
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 11:06 am

Mk II by a wide margin.... that said, the new Deep Purple album is excellent and one of the best releases of the year so far!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 12:04 pm

I voted Mk II, but there is a certain charm to the Mk I albums.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 12:23 pm

MKII. I'll be shocked if there are 5 votes total for all the other lineups combined.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 12:26 pm

bgsully wrote:
Whoops! I voted mkI........I totally forgot they had albums before Gillan! Embarassed 
I should have voted mkII! lame

I was wondering who had done that lol. It's cool; we'll keep it in mind.

So far Mk II is unanimous.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:07 pm

I like all the line-ups, but the Gillan line-up was unbeatable.

I saw Deep Purple on the Bananas tour a few years ago and they were fantastic. I like the newer albums with Steve Morse quite a bit. Purpendicular is a darned fine album IMO.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:11 pm

S.D. wrote:
Of course I would be willing to bet the number of people that actually own more DP than Machine Head (or a Greatest Hits collection) are very few on this board.  So I'm not the least bit surprised that Mark II gets all the votes.  
Who cares about Machine Head? In Rock was their best record.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:57 pm

Really, one could mash In Rock, Fireball, and Machine Head into one stellar album. Every song has equal weight, IMO.

For the record, Who Do We Think We Are was almost as good as those three, and underrated, again IMO.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:02 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Really, one could mash In Rock, Fireball, and Machine Head into one stellar album. Every song has equal weight, IMO.

For the record, Who Do We Think We Are was almost as good as those three, and underrated, again IMO.

I find "stormbringer," "the house of blue light," and "the battle rages on" all underrated. Not perfect albums, but darn good.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:16 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I find "stormbringer," "the house of blue light," and "the battle rages on" all underrated. Not perfect albums, but darn good.

Oh yes.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Today I'm gonna say Mk III & that's who I voted for. Tomorrow it could be Mk II. I love every era of DP & would call their new album my favorite of 2013. And I own every album of theirs including import live albums.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 8:23 pm

Mk II.

Gillan rules! Followed closely by the Coverdale era.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:25 am

Easily the Mk. II lineup.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:50 am

corplhicks wrote:

Who Do We Think We Are is most definatly an underrated album. Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Gillian was my favorite as well, though I also I have a soft spot for the Turner era.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 4:27 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Gillian was my favorite as well, though I also I have a soft spot for the Turner era.

Deep Rainbow....nothing wrong with that!
Back to top Go down
ElectricEye93
Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 5:44 pm

Wow, this poll is really neck and neck!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 7:12 pm

I think the band lost a lot of its heavy metal edge after Blackmore left. And after Gillan left it turned even more bluesy and funky. Obviously it's a matter of preference, like a lot of these kind of things, but there's absolutely NO WONDER a metal message board would think of MK II as their pinnacle.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 3:02 am

ElectricEye93 wrote:
Wow, this poll is really neck and neck!

lol! 
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 7:43 pm

Mark II > Mark III > Mark IV
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 12:21 am

MK II 69'-72' Insane live band! Love MK III Burn is Great!
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 5:35 am

Machine Head alone makes MKII the winner.
That album contains some of the best songs of all time.
Smoke on the Water
Lazy
Highway Star
Heck, every song on it is perfection to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Deep Purple Lineup   Best Deep Purple Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Deep Purple Lineup
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next