Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...

Go down 
+28
Troublezone
choosemetal
Thelemech
Lari
the sentinel
Glower
mlotek
Gilbert
Runicen
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
Alex Dee Rokket
Wargod
manny
journeyman
A Handful of Wayne
Chrome Locust
Boris2008
Eyesore
corplhicks
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
QuothTheRaven
Fat Freddy
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Man hearing about it is bad enough, seeing it happen is sad. That's really a shame.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 7:21 pm

Lemmy needs to seriously think about dropping the alcohol and drugs for good. If he wants to perform live anymore, he needs to drastically improve his health. And even if he gets better, I think his days of normal touring is over. He sure did give Keith Richards and the Stones a run for their money... either way, I hope he gets better and makes a few more studio albums.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 7:27 pm

Wow....... Sadly I have a feeling he's going to keel over on stage one of these days soon.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 4:41 pm

They apparently cancelled last night's show and all upcoming shows until further notice. The tour itself is still on (with Saxon and whoever is opeing) as far as I understand.

Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 8:55 pm

Saxon is definitely still on. They were able to get a sold-out show together in 4 hours in San Antonio after Motorhead cancelled and they also lined up something for Dallas, according to their Facebook.

That's a very sad video. I've been to Emo's in Austin a few times. I saw Motorhead in Riverside, CA August 19. I have a review of it in The Hurting Words section. Here is a video I took of "Metropolis" from that show:

They finished the regular set. They came back and Lemmy announced there would be one encore, so he was probably pretty fatigued at that point.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 10:41 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
He's doing more damage to his legacy and probably himself by trying to go on when he clearly can't. I hate to see this happen.

I understand it's not that easy to just pull the plug and quit, but he needs to cut back on the constant touring at least. Judging from the reports that he can't breath, he's probably got emphysema.

Just like many aging musicians Lemmy cannot afford to pay his medical expenses.  Touring is really his only option for having a steady income to pay for his various treatments.  It's a sad state of affairs when someone has to practically kill themselves to pay off the bills that kept them from dying.  

Only if he chooses to stay in the States. If he came back to the U.K he would get free (at the point of contact) healthcare, so I doubt it's that. I think he's just been a road dog for so long that he doesn't know how to be anything else. Stopping touring sounds like a good idea but it didn't do Jeff Hanneman much good. Lemmy has addiction issues and having to be on stage might just be the thing that holds him together.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 12:05 am

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
He's doing more damage to his legacy and probably himself by trying to go on when he clearly can't. I hate to see this happen.

I understand it's not that easy to just pull the plug and quit, but he needs to cut back on the constant touring at least. Judging from the reports that he can't breath, he's probably got emphysema.

Just like many aging musicians Lemmy cannot afford to pay his medical expenses.  Touring is really his only option for having a steady income to pay for his various treatments.  It's a sad state of affairs when someone has to practically kill themselves to pay off the bills that kept them from dying.  

Really? He's that broke that touring is his only income? His net worth is listed anywhere between $10-$30 million, but what do I know?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 12:51 am

Is he that frail or was he drunk/high? If the former, it's time to retire, at least from touring. If the latter, dude needs to sober up quick or he'll be gone real soon.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 9:42 am

Eyesore wrote:
Is he that frail or was he drunk/high? If the former, it's time to retire, at least from touring. If the latter, dude needs to sober up quick or he'll be gone real soon.

Sadly, I think he's just old and frail. His lifestyle finally caught up with him. Even if he gave up the drinking, drugging and smoking (which he reportedly has for the most part), I'm not sure how much good it would do at this point. The damage is done. He needs to be off the road.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 2:47 pm

I guess it's good I saw them many years ago. Might not have another chance. Sad really.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 4:23 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Just like many aging musicians Lemmy cannot afford to pay his medical expenses. Touring is really his only option for having a steady income to pay for his various treatments. It's a sad state of affairs when someone has to practically kill themselves to pay off the bills that kept them from dying.

He's from England. They have free healthcare.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 6:15 pm

I think MG said it best, the damage is already done.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 8:02 pm

Lari wrote:
S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

He's from England. They have free healthcare.

He is but he's lived in LA for a long time now.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 1:40 pm

Blabbermouth sez Lemmy was suffering from a "lung infection" but the tour will resume tomorrow...

Blabbermouth wrote:
MOTÖRHEAD will resume its U.S. tour on Tuesday, September 8 in St. Louis after canceling its last three shows due to continued health issues experienced by the band's frontman, Lemmy Kilmister.

A statement on the MOTÖRHEAD Facebook page reads as follows: "The wait is over and the doc has spoken. Lemmy had a lung infection (exacerbated by that Denver altitude) which has now been taken care of. Subsequently, Lemmy's ready to give it a go in St. Louis at The Pageant theater on Tuesday, September 8th where MOTÖRHEAD will continue the 40th-anniversary tour in support of their new album, 'Bad Magic'.

"Amidst all the wonderful support Lemmy has received, many have rightfully said he owes us nothing as he has given us everything. We, however, owe Lemmy something… our total respect for his fierce, single-minded and beautifully stubborn determination to continue burning asphalt, playing rock 'n' roll and live where he has always been most comfortable — on the road!

"Thanks again for all your support and see you soon!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 7:06 pm

Lemmy is a walking corpse by now. He suffers from diabetes, he has health problems and lately he said he switched from Jack Daniels & Coca Cola to Vodka & Orange Juice because of his health problems. How exactly switching from one alcoholic beverage to another and cola to orange juice (which contains more sugar than cola does) is healthier, especially for a diabetic, i don't know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 8:54 pm

Lemmy is determined to die on the road.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2021 9:49 am

PhIl Taylor passes at 61. Fast Eddie Clarke at 67. Lemmy 70.
For a hard partying band, they lasted a good long time. R.I.P guys !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4