Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...

Go down 
+28
Troublezone
choosemetal
Thelemech
Lari
the sentinel
Glower
mlotek
Gilbert
Runicen
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
Alex Dee Rokket
Wargod
manny
journeyman
A Handful of Wayne
Chrome Locust
Boris2008
Eyesore
corplhicks
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
QuothTheRaven
Fat Freddy
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:00 pm

Oh man, is that bad. I barely could understand except for a few wrods here and there. Sad.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:03 pm

Definitely a bummer. On the (potential) upswing, he sounds more medicated than frail. I wonder if he might be post-op or something... Painkillers of the sort they'd have to give a guy with a tolerance like his would probably make any of us sound 90 in half-doses.

Maybe stupidly optimistic, but I'd like to hold out hope he'll rebound.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:51 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Geez. Lemmy just sounds old and frail to me now. Bummer.  Sad 

He sounds like a 90 year old man and he's even more unintelligilbe than previously.  

we're alll getting old. Eventually it has to end. Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 2:25 pm

Could be whatever medication he's on that's making him sound so bad.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 11:26 am

Dang. Lemmy looks so old and frail now. From a Jan. 7th interview.
Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Lemmy2014novmessage_638

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 12:46 pm

Ouch. He's really looking feeble nowadays.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 1:07 pm

I haven't listened yet but he was on a recent podcast of TALK IS JERICHO

2015-01-14 TIJ - EP108 - LEMMY
http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=593&pid=477833
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:15 am

Another gig cut short because Lemmy had trouble breathing...

Quote :
Motorhead ended their concert in Salt Lake City, Utah, after four songs last night (August 27) as frontman Lemmy told the crowd he was finding it difficult to breathe.

It follows reports from Los Angeles on August 22, where some fans said the 69-year-old appeared unsteady on his feet.

The rock icon has been in frail health since undergoing heart bypass surgery and later suffering a haematoma in 2013.

Motorhead moved to reassure supporters that the problem was caused by the city’s altitude. They said: “The people are great, but the air is just too thin. The high altitude makes it difficult for breathing, and that’s what happened with Lemmy tonight in Salt Lake City.

“He feels very bad to have cut the show short, but being that high up, he had some trouble breathing well. Lemmy appreciates everyone’s concern. The fans always rally round!”

But the explanation raises the prospect of further cancellations. Salt Lake City is 4200ft above sea level, while Denver, Colorado, where the band are due to play tonight, is 5300ft above sea level.

Crying or Very sad

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:51 am

This guy hasn't got much time left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 12:13 pm

For the sake of his health I wish he would just cancel the tour and rest.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 12:16 pm

Every time I see this thread pop up again I brace myself Sad
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 9:11 am

I'll NEVER stop thinking of him as the Iron Horse -
I remember him saying, that if he didn't dye his hair...
he'd look like Willie Nelson - lol -
Lemmy = Longevity
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 10:19 am

He's a diehard. I sort of wish he would just call it a day from touring. Why risk your health. I mean, go ahead and keep writing and releasing new music. Play a handful of dates here and there, but the constant touring has got to take a huge toll on his body and mind.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 6:22 am

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/motorheads-lemmy-stops-austin-show-after-three-songs-i-cant-do-it/

Lemmy had to bail again after three songs last night in Austin, TX. This is the third time and the tour has barely begun. Lemmy, we love ya man, but it might be time to get off the road.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 7:27 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Every time I see this thread pop up again I brace myself Sad

Same here! I really thought this was it this time.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 7:28 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/motorheads-lemmy-stops-austin-show-after-three-songs-i-cant-do-it/

Lemmy had to bail again after three songs last night in Austin, TX. This is the third time and the tour has barely begun.  Lemmy, we love ya man, but it might be time to get off the road.

Dude should really give it up, for his own sake. But I doubt that would ever happen.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 9:28 am

I hate it when I see this thread bumped. Always a small scare. I hope he lives another 30 years and records another album or two. Not that he has to.

Guy's got guts. He's accomplished everything and beyond in his career. At 69-and-a-half, no-one could blame him for retiring from touring/playing live.

However, I'm no doctor. And it's his choice.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 9:45 am

He's doing more damage to his legacy and probably himself by trying to go on when he clearly can't. I hate to see this happen.

I understand it's not that easy to just pull the plug and quit, but he needs to cut back on the constant touring at least. Judging from the reports that he can't breath, he's probably got emphysema.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 1:38 pm

It is about time to stop, and simply focus on writing new music as always.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 2:41 pm

Time to focus his energies in the studio, he cannot keep this up for much longer. He does say he does not want to die poor, have the Motorhead albums not sold well?? Is touring his version of a 9to5? And I doubt that he has much of a retirement plan, maybe he needs to do this??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 2:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
He's doing more damage to his legacy and probably himself by trying to go on when he clearly can't. I hate to see this happen.

I understand it's not that easy to just pull the plug and quit, but he needs to cut back on the constant touring at least. Judging from the reports that he can't breath, he's probably got emphysema.

Just like many aging musicians Lemmy cannot afford to pay his medical expenses. Touring is really his only option for having a steady income to pay for his various treatments. It's a sad state of affairs when someone has to practically kill themselves to pay off the bills that kept them from dying.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 2:58 pm

If someone started a GoFundMe campaign for Lemmy's medical expenses and every Motorhead fan kicked in five bucks, he'd be able to get off the road for a while and get some frickin' rest...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:16 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Just like many aging musicians Lemmy cannot afford to pay his medical expenses.  Touring is really his only option for having a steady income to pay for his various treatments.  It's a sad state of affairs when someone has to practically kill themselves to pay off the bills that kept them from dying.  

I get it. People need money. He makes money from touring. Not to mention, he's got people that depend on him and the band as well. Dee Snider said in the 'Lemmy' documentary, he met the band and road crew back in the early 80's. 20 years later it was the same road crew. It's not just Lemmy stepping down, it's the whole "Motorhead Corporation" closing up shop and putting lots of people out of work.

We all have been guilty of saying "Eh, they've got enough money, they can retire" when none of us know what expenses a person has. So it's not so cut-and-dry. But man, when you're cancelling gigs left and right because you can't breathe, maybe it's time to step back from the mic and re-evaluate your priorities.

Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Go to the last minute of the video.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 4:15 pm

Jeez, he's walking with a cane now too? How long has that been happening?

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next