Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...

Go down 
+28
Troublezone
choosemetal
Thelemech
Lari
the sentinel
Glower
mlotek
Gilbert
Runicen
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
Alex Dee Rokket
Wargod
manny
journeyman
A Handful of Wayne
Chrome Locust
Boris2008
Eyesore
corplhicks
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
QuothTheRaven
Fat Freddy
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Empty
PostSubject: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:45 am

Yikes. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Lemmy.

Lemmy Kilmister Suffers Hematoma, Motorhead Cancel Concerts
Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Lemmy-Kilmister-of-Motorhead

Motorhead were forced to cancel Saturday’s (June 22) concert at Austria’s See-Rock Festival and have scrubbed their June 25 show in Milan as well. The reason? According to a Facebook post by the Italian promoter, frontman Lemmy Kilmister suffered a hematoma and was unable to go onstage.

A hematoma is a mass of usually clotted blood caused by a broken blood vessel that forms in a tissue, organ or body space. They can occur anywhere in the body, and the prognosis varies widely. Specific information on the cause, location and severity of Lemmy’s hematoma has not been released.

This is not the first health issue the 67-year-old rocker has dealt with recently. Lemmy underwent surgery to be fitted with an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) after being diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat. If an ICD detects cardiac arrhythmia, it automatically delivers a jolt of electricity to correct one’s heartbeat.

We wish the legendary Lemmy a speedy recovery, and hope that he’s back on stage in the near future. Motorhead’s upcoming studio album ‘Aftershock’ is tentatively set for a September release. Lemmy also collaborated with Huntress on a song that appears on their album ‘Starbound Beast,’ due to be unleashed on July 2.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:00 am

Best wishes to the man! Sadly, as our idols and icons get older, this kind of thing will be happening more and more. Get well, Lemmy!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:02 am

Hoping for a speedy recovery. Lemmy's getting up there in age, so stuff like this is to be expected. I guess if BB King can continue to tour and perform, so can Lemmy.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:18 am

Best wishes on a full and quick recovery. 67? Wow, I hadn't realized he was that old.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:52 am

Hoping for a speedy recovery, but yea. These guys can't live forever as much as we'd like them to.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:29 am

Yikes. I don't want to think about a world with no more Lemmy in it. Seems impossible. Get well soon!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 1:06 am

It's weird when this happens to heroes you once thought immortal. But Lemmy can kick this in the ass. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 1:50 am

Everyone is dying these days. I guess this happens to every generation. Our idols die. It sucks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:00 am

Statement from band management...

Quote :
Motorhead have confirmed that mainman Lemmy Kilmister is alive and well, despite rumours to the contrary.

Gossip started circulating when the band were forced to cancel two shows earlier this week after he suffered a haematoma  – an internal swelling of blood.

And even though they’ve called off a third show, schedule for tonight at the Full Force Festival in Germany, a strongly-worded statement tells fans there’s nothing to worry about.

Motorhead say: “We are happy to announce that despite rumours to the contrary, Lemmy is alive, breathing, talking, f**king, drinking, eating, reading and will be back to playing shows shortly.

“As reported, he did undergo a Motor-pit-stop for some medical maintenance this past spring, and the timing of his recent illness was unfortunate in that it came so soon after that.

“Lemmy and co believe in the ‘keep calm and carry on’ way of thinking. Fans can anticipate more Motorhead live action this summer.”

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:20 pm

More cancellations... Lemmy must be feelin' pretty crappy for him to bail on that sweet European festival cash.

MOTÖRHEAD has canceled the remaining eight shows on its European festival tour, the band's drummer, Mikkey Dee, has revealed.

The group scrapped several gigs last week after MOTÖRHEAD frontman Lemmy Kilmister suffered a haematoma (where blood collects outside of a blood vessel). The news of Lemmy's latest medical issue followed reports that he was also recently fitted with a defibrillator because of heart problems.

"Everything started with him falling and getting a nasty blow to his hip a little over a week ago," Dee told the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet.

Following his fall, Lemmy had more bad luck when a fire alarm went off at the hotel Royal Kensington in London where he was staying.

"He had to walk eight stairs in the middle of the night," Mikkey said. "Lemmy's personal assistant said that that was f*cked up and that he had an injured hip."

Dee was somewhat hesitant when it came to talking about Lemmy's health and referred to a soon-to-be-issued press release that will offer more information. But he said that a "snowball effect" had a negative impact on Lemmy's physical condition.

"He needs to have his body drained of fluid and that can't be done too quickly," he said. "When he remains in bed and can't move, he can easily get pnemonia…. If you can't move properly, other issues will follow."

"He is devastated beyond belief. It has a bigger effect on him than it would anyone else. It's like chopping off a piano player's hands. This is his life."

Asked if he is worried about his friend Lemmy, Dee said: "I am worried because he's not doing so well right now. But he's improving, even though it takes longer for him than anyone else to become well. Now that the doctors feel that he shouldn't go out an play you'll just have to accept that order."

In a separate interview with GT.se, Dee stated about Lemmy's current health status: "Things are improving with Lemmy, but the doctors in Berlin are recommending that he rests for another couple of weeks. We can't keep canceling show after show, it's too costly. Therefore we unfortunately have to cancel the entire tour. There will be an official announcement regarding his health shortly."

Dee had been looking forward to the band's headlining show at Metaltown in his hometown Gothenburg on Thursday July 4.

"It's so f*cking typical, but what are you going to do?" he said. "You have to put health before everything else."

Asked if he has a message for the MOTÖRHEAD fans, Mikkey said: "We're really sorry. But we're not canceling because of a cold and this is something we've put a lot of thought into."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:27 pm

It does sound a little bit worse than everyone thought.

Get well soon Lemmy (and sorry for taking the p!$$ on the other thread!)Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:01 pm

I don't like thinking about a world without Lemmy, but noone lives forever. Crying or Very sad Get well, ya bastard.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 1:57 am

I'm getting worried...
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 11:46 am

Fear nay - Lemmy was born to die on stage not in hospital; he'll be fine. That cat is rock and roll and rock and roll is our Lems. It is simply impossible to be as cool as Lemmy - utterly impossible; so many try and fail miserably - Lem just does it naturally. He has to be the most non pretentious person in the music business: lives in a small rent controlled apartment in LA with his son. Enjoys his f*gs and JD and blasting our drums out.  As Lem said to his sound Tech, "Ere, can you hear a horrible noise coming from my amp?" Sound tech says "No, I can't hear a horrible sound, Lemmy." Lemmy says: "Neither can I, so turn it f*cking up!"
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 9:54 pm

One thing I'd like to see tho if Motorhead was forced to call it a day, would be for Mikkey Dee to go back to King Diamond.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 7:38 pm

This doesnt' sound good at all....

MOTÖRHEAD's WACKEN OPEN AIR Performance Cut Short Due To LEMMY's Health - Aug. 2, 2013

MOTÖRHEAD was forced to end its performance at the Wacken Open Air festival in Wacken, Germany earlier today (Friday, August 2) after only six songs due to frontman Lemmy Kilmister's health.

According to people attending the concert, MOTÖRHEAD spent less than half an hour on stage — 45 minutes less than scheduled — including drawn-out pauses between tracks and an unusually early solo spot, presumably to allow Lemmy enough time to gather his strength to perform.

After MOTÖRHEAD left the stage, Wacken Open Air co-founder Thomas Jensen announced to the shocked audience that the concert was over.

Bill Peters, host of the long-running "Metal On Metal" radio show and head of Auburn Records, was in the crowd during MOTÖRHEAD's set. He said: "[Lemmy] did not look or sound good at all and could not continue the set.

"Phil Campbell did a guitar solo before 'The Chase Is Better Than The Catch' while Lemmy left the stage. The solo ended but Lemmy did not return. There was eerie silence on the stage for several minutes. Lemmy came back to play one more song (my favorite MOTÖRHEAD song) but left the stage immediately after it ended. Wacken festival organizer Thomas Jensen came onstage and announced to the crowd he did not know what to do or say about a situation like this. It seemed very serious to me. Hopefully I am wrong."

MOTÖRHEAD played the following songs:

01. I Know How To Die
02. Damage Case
03. Stay Clean
04. Metropolis
05. Over The Top
06. The Chase Is Better Than The Catch

A number of photos of MOTÖRHEAD's abbreviated performance at Wacken Open Air 2013 can be found at Rocknroll-Reporter.de.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Sounds like Lemmy tried to return to the stage a little too soon, needed to take more time off for recovery.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 7:45 pm

For f*cks sake Lemmy! Stop believing your own legend, realise your limitations and take your time to get better like any other old man!! angry 

I know that he's unlikely to be reading this, but I just felt it needed saying.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 7:46 pm

Hat's off to Lemmy. Sorry to hear about Lemmy's health, so sad. Lemmy is dedicated to the fans and doing his job. Hope he has a speedy and full recovery.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:46 pm

Here's a tip, folks: Smoking, drugs, and drinking nearly your entire life will get you in the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Here's a tip, folks: Smoking, drugs, and drinking nearly your entire life will get you in the end.

Living completely clean and getting hit by a car while crossing the street gets you just as dead. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 2:00 pm

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Living completely clean and getting hit by a car while crossing the street gets you just as dead.  Razz 
True, but you have much better odds without all the drugs and the rock 'n roll lifestyle. =)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Last night (Aug. 2), Motorhead were forced to abandon their performance at the Wacken Open Air festival in Germany because of Lemmy‘s health. While we have no official word from the band on Lemmy’s condition, organizers of the festival have issued a statement on the situation.

“Motorhead rocked the Black Stage for more than 30 minutes and Lemmy gave everything he´s got to play an amazing live show,” they said (via Brave Words). He´s keeping well – but the temperatures and circumstances led to the point that continuing the show would have led to a loss of quality. We are very happy and proud that Phil, Mikkey and particularly Mr. Rock n’ Roll himself, Lemmy Kilmister, played W:O:A 2013 and that they did everything humanly possible to play this gig. Thank you so much, guys!”

Motorhead were scheduled to play 75 minutes, but stopped after only six songs when the singer, bassist and metal icon was unable to continue. Reports from the show said that he looked pale and did not sound good. “I’ve been ill recently,” he told the crowd. “I’ve come onstage to play some rock n’ roll and f— myself even more.” Following the fifth song, he left the stage for Phil Campbell to play a guitar solo, but he came back for ‘The Chase Is Better than the Catch,’ after which the whole band walked off.

In June, it was revealed that he was fitted for a defibrilator to correct lingering heart problems, and suffered a hematoma shortly thereafter. The band subsequently canceled all of its dates through November, but they unsuccessfully tried to make a comeback at Wacken. Motorhead still plans to release a new album, ‘Aftershock,’ in September.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 5:45 pm

That sucks he had to leave but for his health probably for the best. Your heart is nothing to mess with I know I had a new heart valve put in!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 3:44 am

Really sucks to hear all this bad news about Lemmy's health. I cannot remember a time when we didn't have Motorhead or new Motorhead albums. That is because for as long as heavy metal as we know it has been around, Motorhead was always there and Lemmy would churn out album after album. Yes even though Lemmy may not consider Motorhead's music metal, I think the legions of fans have always seen Motorhead as firmly belonging to the metal world.

The day when (unfortunately it will eventually happen but hopefully not now and not for a very long time to comes) Lemmy passes away, a whole era will end for metal. Much like with the passing of Dio; there was an eerie start of what was to come over the next decade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...   Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorhead cancel gigs due to LEMMY health scare...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next