Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !

Go down 
+37
Glenn Rogers
Chrome Locust
Joe
Orion Crystal Ice
Red Kitty
Gilbert
Witchfinder
jstate
Thrasher73
ultmetal
MoonChild
candlemass
Boris2008
manny
Troublezone
Dark Horseman
Lari
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
kmorg
BearOnUnicycle
Required Fields
nevermore
jettafiend
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
MetallicSeminarian
Temple of Blood
80s Metal Lady
tohostudios
bassman
Wurthless
mc666
exact33
James B.
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Favorite metal band with "angel" in the name
Dark Angel
Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_lcap16%Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_rcap
 16% [ 9 ]
Death Angel
Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_lcap27%Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_rcap
 27% [ 15 ]
Morbid Angel
Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_lcap5%Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Angel Witch
Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_lcap9%Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_rcap
 9% [ 5 ]
Angel Dust
Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_lcap11%Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_rcap
 11% [ 6 ]
Hobbs Angel Of Death
Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_lcap0%Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Iron Angel
Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_lcap2%Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Blood Red Angel
Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_lcap0%Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rage Of Angels
 0% [ 0 ]
Fifth Angel
Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_lcap9%Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_rcap
 9% [ 5 ]
Seventh Angel
Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_lcap13%Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_rcap
 13% [ 7 ]
Angellic Rage
 0% [ 0 ]
Fallen Angel
 0% [ 0 ]
Demon Angels
 0% [ 0 ]
Other(please list)
Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_lcap7%Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Vote_rcap
 7% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 55

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Empty
PostSubject: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:14 pm

I am gonna forget some in my choices or not name somebody's favorite but there is an "other" option in the poll. I am going from the top of my head so bear with me.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:22 pm

I voteed 'Other' because of: The Angels

Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuMGW1QFwK_xfgnlglzIGoRVpzFFwBGaKW9s4eSUpnzW6arsbK

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:28 pm

I was thinking of them and even Angel from the 70's too, but many on the board would cry foul or something. On the fence, as to whether I'd call them metal. Even by 70's standards.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:29 pm

James B. wrote:
I was thinking of them and even Angel from the 70's too, but many on the board would cry foul or something. On the fence, as to whether I'd call them metal. Even by 70's standards.

but i love genre wars!!!

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:30 pm

I chose Death Angel

They thrashed and had great players all the way around. Their sense of melody set them apart from other more genric Bay Area thrash bands of that time.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:35 pm

I know they won't get the love here, but Morbid Angel used to really be something. I know they have now evolved into something sad & pathetic, but they were once a mighty force.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:39 pm

mc666 wrote:
I know they won't get the love here, but Morbid Angel used to really be something. I know they have now evolved into something sad & pathetic, but they were once a mighty force.

I have the first couple of things they put out and then lost interest in that style of music untill recently.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:42 pm

I voted Fifth Angel, but Morbid Angel would be second.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Seventh Angel....... Lament For The Weary is a brilliant album

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:08 pm

exact33 wrote:

Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuMGW1QFwK_xfgnlglzIGoRVpzFFwBGaKW9s4eSUpnzW6arsbK

Ditto!

Last edited by tohostudios on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Ditto!

somehow i knew that since you introduced them to me.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:12 pm

According to Allmusic there are 5,183 artists with the word "Angel" in the name. No way I'm combing through that entire list!

Razz

I chose Death Angel.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:17 pm

S.D. wrote:
According to Allmusic there are 5,183 artists with the word "Angel" in the name. No way I'm combing through that entire list!

Razz

I chose Death Angel.

i wonder how many have steel in their name?

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:23 pm

exact33 wrote:

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:25 pm

exact33 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Razz

I chose Death Angel.

A while back, as I was looking for new stuff to listen to, I kept finding bands with "witch" in their name and thought it would be cool to compile the best songs by those bands.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:25 pm

DARK ANGEL FTW!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:27 pm

S.D. wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Very Happy

wow. i thought there would be more...

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:28 pm

S.D. wrote:

Razz

I chose Death Angel.

darn....5000, wowzers !

I had trouble thinking of 14 off the top of my head. The last one, Demon Angels was abnd with Robin McAuley of MSG and came across them while doing research for my MSG thread in the discography section.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:20 pm

Seventh Angel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx8789sTpyc
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:42 pm

Death Angel for me...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:30 pm

Angel Witch has always been my favorite NWOBHM band. Such well-crafted rockin' songs for that day, and they don't get near the recognition they deserve.

Seventh, Dark, Death, and Morbid are close contenders. Also I would have included Angel on the list; they come pretty damn close to metal for their time.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 1:35 am

I went Seventh Angel as Lament for the Weary is one of my favorite albums.

As far as "other" goes, then ANGEL gets my vote. They were definitely heavy metal and Frank DiMino has a fantastic range. Plus the band spawned all the Greg Giuffria projects.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 1:52 am

Death Angel headbanger
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:11 am

Dark Angel by far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 3:36 am

Fifth Angel easily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !   Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite metal band with "Angel" in the name !
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next