Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite 2013 album releases

Go down 
+71
BillRoxx
kyleblack
rajah
tribunalrecords
Arjun_M
choosemetal
DakotaRogers
Svengo
Rex
journeyman
candlemass
brokentulsa
iamrockerfun
cruedevil71
onrypt
Thelemech
SideShowDisaSter
MetalRob331
firestarter
shamgar75
Lari
bgsully
Metal Misfit
JBall_Z
bass63
GrandNational
Shawn Of Fire
EmoElmo
Wargod
krokus
SpectreFate
Spiner202
Tur-Thalion
ultmetal
Joe
jettafiend
stormspell
corplhicks
tohostudios
Eyesore
Thrasher73
CRIMSONMASK
Orion Crystal Ice
chilejay7
jstate
nevermore
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
Red Kitty
BearOnUnicycle
Gilbert
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
James B.
DallasBlack
akeldama
adrian
exact33
Dark Horseman
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Witchfinder
Dellocatus
Wurthless
kmorg
Boris2008
mc666
Gryphon-kl
75 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 9:18 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Here we go:

10. Dream Theater - s/t
-Finally we have a return to form, if only in a few ways, and although the band still can't write themselves out of the same dull formula they've kept since Octavarium, they at least bring some excitement, passion, and spontaneity to their arrangements. Only bad note: lyrics are as bad as a Joel Osteen book.

9. Newsted - Heavy Metal Music
-Straight up, raunchy, and heavy. I love how Jason uses his vox here. The disc starts to wear thin after some time, so best to take a side A/B approach and split it. Only bad note: dude rhymes 'heart' with 'start,' a major offense in my book (seriously, I can't even listen to that song).

8. Annihilator - Feast
-Jeff really knows how to riff it up, and this time he's brought double the SPEEEEEED!!! [explosion here]. Hyperbole aside, this album is hard, fast, and aggressive, carrying more bite then recent efforts. Also Padden is starting to show more character in his voice, even if it's subtle. Only bad note: awful packaging with crappy lenticular artwork once again involving zombies (thrash and zombies seem to be having this love affair of late).

7. Carcass - Surgical Steel
-These guys get thrashier with each album, it seems. Though I hesitate to give it near the props I gave Heartwork, SS has so much going for it. Unique riffing, melodic power leads, proper and mannered usage of triggers, breakdowns, and tight, short songs that stick with you. They may not be my dad's grindcore band anymore, but like I care; this thing shreds. Only bad note: nothing really. This is solid throughout.

6. Onslaught- VI
-This is a nasty little treat, and Onslaught's best by miles. The sound of this disc is surprisingly sharp and full at the same time, and the guitars tear up everything in sight. Best thing is Sy Keeler's vocals, up front and harsh. Sounds like he's spewing hate and blood. Killer. A lot of these songs are extremely memorable, such as 6-6-f*cking-6 and Fuel for My Fire, but the standout track is the Middle Eastern Children of the Sand, which features an unknown female vocalist providing a beautiful, haunting line over a catchy, aggressive chorus. Only bad note: pretty short, with nine tracks total yet one of them being a short intro.

5. Haken - The Mountain
-Prog "metal," so to speak, with an intelligent vibe and very fluid changes that make the whole ordeal swirl in your head like a f*cking good potpourri. Frontman Ross Jennings really finds his style after wandering a bit on the first two albums, and though the music is a bit more mellow than their masterpiece, Visions, the band sounds so natural in their element that you get the feeling that they've found their way home. As S.D. has pointed out, lots of nods to various prog lords of yore. This is a feast, friends. Only Bad Note: none. This is a perfect record.

4. Accuser - Diabolic
Everyone's favorite Scott Waters turned me onto this band thanks to that goofy website he runs. Anyway, Diabolic is a slaughterhouse. In fact, if you were to walk into a slaughterhouse, this is what you'd hear. Actually, it's even more horrifying than that. Let me back up. Apparently this German thrash quartet has been around since the 80's (this was the first I'd heard of them) and their work, while good, never really hit the sweet spot--sort of like older Onslaught. This time around they cranked up the guitars while Frank Thoms traded in his shouting for a throaty, violent growl, and hit the mark at last. I've said enough; read Scott's review of it here. Only bad note: the loudness factor is really amped here, leaving a lot to be desired at high volumes.

3. Death Angel - The Dream Calls for Blood
-Hot damn, was I surprised by this. DA always did good after Act III, releasing strong thrash titles that were at least competent with their signature style, but with this latest something went very well in the studio and the band has never sounded more menacing. Mark Osegueda gives a fierce vocal delivery that should be noted as the top vocal performance of the year. Rob and Ted have always had a knack for meshing their guitar arrangements perfectly, and here they thunder through with some of the best interplay I've heard in a long time. This is brutal, old-school thrash, and much more akin to the brutality of Ultra-Violence than the more punky and technical Act III. No modern touches here, just like the good old days. And this really is Mark's show. Dude can stop a tornado with his voice. Only bad note: have yet to find one. This really is flawless.

2. Black Sabbath - 13
-So this one was quickly forgotten, it seems. It needs to be remembered. This is a comeback win for the ages. Tony sounds so inspired here with every shaking power chord and every bluesy lead that I imagine him in tears during the entire recording. Geezer is strong as well, weaving in and out of the iconoclastic stomp. Ozzy...well, Ozzy is Ozzy, and his voice is miles from where it was in the 70's, but it carries well. The songs--there's not a bummer here--are constructed with care and follow the familiar arcs that we all know and love. 13 seems to be a cross between the debut and Master of Reality, which is just what we needed from our fab 4 (-1). Only bad note: while the new drummer what's-his-name emulates Bill's style well, the production dries the drums out for some reason and loses a lot of heaviness. Of course, Bill is sorely missed.

1. Metal Church - Generation Nothing
-F*ck yes this is the Metal Church I remember. This year saw the latest release from the best metal group to come out of Seattle, and I can't praise it enough. Whereas Present Wasteland saw the warriors in somewhat of a slump due to unwarranted label issues, the independently produced Generation Nothing just happens to be their best release since Blessing in Disguise.

Generation Nothing does several things very right, a couple things okay, and really nothing wrong at all. The band defaults to their musical concepts of old: razor-sharp, thrashy riffs, some complex passages, haunting use of clean tones, constant application of the tritone, and gallons of hooks and melodies that stay in the head. The best thing here is vocalist Ronny Munroe. Whereas on previous albums we heard mostly the man's midrange, here he kicks himself in the ass and pushes it HARD. This is Ronny doing his best to channel the late David Wayne, and it works. High-pitched, gravelly, nasty, screaming US power metal madness is his forte at last. He really shines through here and deserves a great amount of credit for making this release work.

Every track is pretty much consistent, not too damaged by the ongoing loudness wars, and dark as night. There are nitpicks, but they are few and not weighty enough to distract. For one the packaging is pretty much the poorest I've seen in a long time. MC has never been known for stunning artwork outside of their debut, and though it's not near the catastrophe Hanging in the Balance was, it's still pretty damn ugly with it's trifold digipak made out of cheap cardboard with poorly photoshopped grays and juvenile fonts. The CD even has a poorly aligned label slapped on. The worst offender is lack of a booklet with lyrics (!). The reason for all of this is obvious, however: Kurdt & co. came out of Present Wasteland, which I believe was a flop, with little profit. The choice here, it seems, was to independently produce the record and releasing it through a small distributor, relying on word-of-mouth and social networking to market the release (very little promotion was put into this outside of the Rat Pak package, and the supporting tour is mostly festivals, clubs, and bars--fine by me). So though a lot was thrown into the actual music, not a lot was thrown into presentation. But I could care less when the music is just so outstanding.

I love this band so much, there's a possibility they could end up replacing Van Halen as my top favorite in the next decade, and for those who know me THAT'S SAYING A LOT. Their comeback is a welcome breath of fresh air and it's good to hear them where they used to be.

Honorable mention: Deep Purple - Now What
-Unfortunately I haven't heard this album deep enough to include it here, but my guess is it would have made it. The mechanics of the songs I've heard are brilliant and make for a very heavy and fluid Purple record. Sounds like a classic. Hoping to purchase this one soon.
    Definitely agree with your top three. Heres hoping the old guard keep putting out new music, cause I'm like a little kid at Christmas when I get a new release by these older artist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 9:37 pm

I have a few from corplhicks list (Sabbath, Haken, Deep Purple) and all 3 of them made my top 10. Gotta love a year when two of the bands that originated heavy metal in the first place both release good albums over 40 years into their careers.

Haken really nailed it this year, both of their previous albums were very good but at times were a little self-conscious. But all that went away with the wonderfully organic The Mountain. Yes, the little nods to bands of prog rock past (Gentle Giant, 1980s era King Crimson, Genesis, etc) are still sprinkled throughout the album but now they fit seamlessly into the overall compositions. Haken are at that point where their blending of influences is starting to coalesce into their own unique sound. I'm excited to see where they go from here.

I sampled a few of the others from his list this year. The Death Angel sounds really good, I'm still not a fan of Dream Theater, the Newsted is okay just not really a sound I gravitate toward and unfortunately the vocalist on the Metal Church album is not doing it for me at all (I had the same general reaction to the Trouble album earlier this year).

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:27 pm

S.D. wrote:

Haken really nailed it this year, both of their previous albums were very good but at times were a little self-conscious.  But all that went away with the wonderfully organic The Mountain.

That's a really good way to put it.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 10:16 am

MY FINAL TOP 20 OF 2013:
1. AVENGED SEVENFOLD:HAIL TO THE KING.
2. SAXON:SACRIFICE.
3. ENFORCER:DEATH BY FIRE.
4. RECKLESS LOVE:SPIRIT.
5. MURO:EL CUARTO JINETE.
6. U.D.O:STEELHAMMER.
7. IRON CURTAIN:JAGUAR SPIRIT.
8. ANNIHILATOR:FEAST.
9. BLACK SABBATH: 13.
10. MOTORHEAD:AFTERSHOCK.
11.TERROR:LIVE BY THE CODE.
12.DEATH ANGEL:THE DREAM CALL FOR BLOOD.
13.SIGN OF THE JACKAL:MARK OF THE BEAST.
14.HARDCORE SUPERSTAR:C´MON TAKE ON ME.
15.DREAM THEATER:DREAM THEATER.
16.INSULTERS:WE ARE THE PLAGUE.
17.SCREAMER:PHOENIX.
18.HOLY GRAIL:RIDE THE VOID.
19.CRASHDIET:THE SAVAGE PLAYGROUND.
20.AXXION:WILD RACER.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 2:36 pm

Top 20 releases from 2013:
Stryper - 'No More Hell To Pay'
Black Debbath - 'Nå Får Det Faen Meg Være Rock! Akademisk Stoner-Rock!'
Rusted Brain - 'High Voltage Thrash'
Prowler - 'After You'
Oliva - 'Raise The Curtain'
Avantasia - 'The Mystery Of Time'
Pretty Maids - 'Motherland'
Deliverance - 'Hear What I Say!'
Attacker - 'Giants Of Canaan'
Bloodgood - 'Dangerously Close'
Metal Church - 'Generation Nothing'
Extol - 'Extol'
In Vain - 'Ænigma'
Reactory - 'Killed By Thrash'
Ashes Of Ares - 'Ashes Of Ares'
Black Sabbath - '13'
Running Wild - 'Resilient'
Megadeth - 'Super Collider'
Warlord - 'The Holy Empire'
Illusion Suite - 'The Iron Cemetery'
Runners up:
Blazon Stone - 'Return To Port Royal'
U.D.O. - 'Steelhammer'
Annihilator - 'Feast'
Vicious Rumors - 'Electric Punishment'
Razormaze - 'Annihilatia'
Destroyer - 'Slashing Metal'
Queensrÿche - 'Queensrÿche'
Circle II Circle - 'Seasons Will Fall'
Masterplan - 'Novum Initium'
Helloween - 'Straight Out Of Hell'

Honorable mentions (non-regular album favorites):

Stryper - 'Second Coming'
Possessor - 'Make Them Eat Metal' (EP)
Prowler - 'The New Blood' (EP)
Jorn - 'Symphonic'
Reactory - 'Killed By Thrash' (EP)

Biggest disappointment:

Sacred Warrior - 'Waiting In Darkness'

Albums I have heard, but do not yet own, that would have ended up on the list:

Iced Earth - 'Plagues of Babylon'
Black Trip - 'Goin' Under'

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 4:01 pm

^^Good list. FYI, Plagues of Babylon comes out this year (and very soon thankfully). Smile

Ashes of Ares almost made my top 10. My only complaint about it is the mix, particularly on the drums. But it had a lot of solid anthems on it, and Matt's voice is just hair-raising.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 4:06 pm

1. Reckless Love--SpiriteRzR3gmvX-Y
2. Redrum--Victims of Our Circumstances
3. Tom Keifer--The Way Life Goes
4. W.E.T.--Rise Up
5. Eden's Curse--Symphony of Sin
6. James Labrie--Impermanent Resonance
7. Crashdiet- The Savage Playground
9. Pink Cream 69- Ceremonial
10. James Christian--Lay It On Me
11. Jorn--Traveller
12. Pretty Maids--Motherland

The new Redrum was the biggest surprise for me. Much better than their first album, and Michael Bormann sounds great as usual:

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 4:35 pm

In no particular order :

Artillery - Legions
Annihilator - Feast
Metal Church - Generation Nothing
Death Angel - The Dream Calls for Blood
Havok - Unnatural Selection
Black Sabbath - 13
Megadeth - Super Collider
Vicious Rumors - Electric Punishment
Helloween - Straight Out of Hell

Probably a tossup between Death Angel and Metal Church for top honor
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 4:39 pm

007 wrote:
In no particular order :

Artillery - Legions
Annihilator - Feast
Metal Church - Generation Nothing
Death Angel - The Dream Calls for Blood
Havok - Unnatural Selection
Black Sabbath - 13
Vicious Rumors - Electric Punishment
Helloween - Straight Out of Hell

Probably a tossup between Death Angel and Metal Church for top honor

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 4:43 pm

I'm also really digging that Artillery but I've only had it a week so I haven't had enough time to digest it all in.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 9:54 pm

I couldn't pick a top 10, so here are my top 20.

1. Age Of Taurus - Desperate Souls Of Tortured Times
2. Ashes Of Ares - Ashes Of Ares
3. Five Finger Death Punch - The Wrong Side Of Heaven And The Righteous Side Of Hell, Vol. 1
4. Five Finger Death Punch - The Wrong Side Of Heaven And The Righteous Side Of Hell, Vol. 2
5. Helloween - Straight Out Of Hell
6. Hey! Hello! - Hey! Hello!
7. Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent
8. KMFDM - Kunst
9. Lo-Pro – Disintegration Effect
10. Luscious Jackson - Magic Hour
11. Monster Magnet - Last Patrol
12. Polkadot Cadaver - Last Call In Jonestown
13. Queensryche – Queensryche
14. ReVamp - Wild Card
15. Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor
16. Soilwork - The Living Infinite
17. Sprung Monkey - Dead Is Dead
18. Varga - Enter The Metal
19. Witherscape - The Inheritance
20. Wolfheart - Winterborn
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 12:13 am

Here are mine and in no particular order.

Dropkick Murphy's - Rose Tatoo
Stryper - Second Coming
Absolon - Darkness Rising
Alan Jackson - Precious Memories Vol. II
Sacred Warrior - Waiting in Darkness
Stryper - No More Hell to Pay
Bloodgood - Dangerously Close
Theocracy - Theocracy
Volbeat - Outlaw Gentleman and Shady Ladies
Tom Keifer - The Way Life Goes
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 3:51 am

jettafiend wrote:

Stryper - Second Coming
Theocracy - Theocracy

A Dropkick Murphys single is in your top 10? And technically that Theocracy album is from 2003. It is great, though. =)
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 3:04 pm

jettafiend wrote:

Stryper - Second Coming
Theocracy - Theocracy

I admit I did a double take at Alan Jackson.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 3:06 pm

corplhicks wrote:
^^Good list. FYI, Plagues of Babylon comes out this year (and very soon thankfully). Smile

It was on Spotify in 2013, and that is a release as good as any Very Happy

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 11:40 am

glassprison wrote:
1. Reckless Love--SpiriteRzR3gmvX-Y
2. Redrum--Victims of Our Circumstances
3. Tom Keifer--The Way Life Goes
4. W.E.T.--Rise Up
5. Eden's Curse--Symphony of Sin
6. James Labrie--Impermanent Resonance
7. Crashdiet- The Savage Playground
9. Pink Cream 69- Ceremonial
10. James Christian--Lay It On Me
11. Jorn--Traveller
12. Pretty Maids--Motherland

The new Redrum was the biggest surprise for me. Much better than their first album, and Michael Bormann sounds great as usual:

I have been listening to the new REDRUM album the last few days and MY O MY!! This would of easily made my Top 10 of 2013 had I heard it sooner!!!!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 11:52 am

kmorg wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

It was on Spotify in 2013, and that is a release as good as any Very Happy

It really is. A top 10 album for sure. Threw out my neck.  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 11:55 am

Quote :
'Nå Får Det Faen Meg Være Rock! Akademisk Stoner-Rock!'

Gesundheit!! Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 2:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

Dropkick Murphy's - Signed and Sealed in Blood
Stryper - Second Coming
Theocracy - Theocracy

A Dropkick Murphys single is in your top 10? And technically that Theocracy album is from 2003. It is great, though. =)

Thanks for pointing the DKM mistake out. Total brain fade. I put the Theocracy in there because this is the remaster that just came out. I have never actually heard the original recording.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 2:48 pm

corplhicks wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

Dropkick Murphy's - signed and Sealed in Blood
Stryper - Second Coming
Theocracy - Theocracy

I admit I did a double take at Alan Jackson.  lol! 

Normally I hate country but I like those 2 Alan Jackson albums. Just simple hymns, not modernized and perverted by some crappy modern rock band. I like this album a lot.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 3:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
'Nå Får Det Faen Meg Være Rock! Akademisk Stoner-Rock!'

Gesundheit!! Very Happy

lol! 

Black Debbath is a political satire / comedy band playing awesome doom metal, ala, yes, you guessed it, Black Sabbath. So while the lyrics are awesomly funny, they music is just too solid for me to discard the band as a novelty act. Definitly a highlight from last year, and I got to see them live in my hometown!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 11:31 pm

jettafiend wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

Dropkick Murphy's - Signed and Sealed in Blood
Stryper - Second Coming
Theocracy - Theocracy

Thanks for pointing the DKM mistake out. Total brain fade. I put the Theocracy in there because this is the remaster that just came out. I have never actually heard the original recording.

Ah, the full-length. Yeah, that's a good one. =)
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 9:09 am

Both Red Fang - Whales And Leeches and Monster Magnet's Last Patrol are making strong cases for my albums of the year. Without question Monster Magnet's Hallelujah would take song of the year.

Going through everything, I'm beginning to think this year may have equaled last year for quality stuff. I certainly can't remember two years in a row where so much came out they I truly loved. This is starting to become like a golden age or something for me musically. Hope it keeps up into 2014.
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:34 am

My top 10 as of right now:
1. Riverside: Shrine of New Generation Slaves
2. Haken: The Mountain
3. Steven Wilson: The Raven That Refused to Sing and Other Stories
4. Deep Purple: Now What?!
5. Motörhead: Aftershock
6. Black Sabbath: 13
7. Queensrÿche: Queensrÿche
8. Fates Warning: Darkness in a Different Light
9. Dream Theater: Dream Theater
10. Voivod: Target Earth

Plus an honorable mention for Adrenaline Mob: Coverta, which might have made the top 10 if it weren't an EP.

Looking back on my predictions made in mid-year, I find one of my "sure things" (Ghost B.C.: Infestissumam) just missed the list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:47 am

Gryphon-kl wrote:
My top 10 as of right now:
1. Riverside: Shrine of New Generation Slaves
2. Haken: The Mountain
3. Steven Wilson: The Raven That Refused to Sing and Other Stories
4. Deep Purple: Now What?!
5. Motörhead: Aftershock
6. Black Sabbath: 13

It appears we were on similar wavelengths in 2013, these 6 albums also made my top 10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 album releases   Favorite 2013 album releases - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite 2013 album releases
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next