Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite 2013 Concerts

Go down 
+10
Required Fields
bgsully
Wurthless
MetallicSeminarian
Ravenscraig
iamrockerfun
ultmetal
nevermore
Witchfinder
thejokeriv
14 posters
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Favorite 2013 Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 10:09 pm

What where your favorite gigs of 2013? I'll finalize my list in a bit, but it will include:

Iron Maiden - San Bernardino, CA; Fates Warning - Springfield, VA; Slayer - Silver Spring, MD; Black Sabbath - Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA; Testament - Silver Spring, MD; Twisted Sister - M3 Festival....

Will rank them before the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 11:59 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
What where your favorite gigs of 2013? I'll finalize my list in a bit, but it will include:

Iron Maiden - San Bernardino, CA; Fates Warning - Springfield, VA; Slayer - Silver Spring, MD; Black Sabbath - Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA; Testament - Silver Spring, MD; Twisted Sister - M3 Festival....

Will rank them before the end of the year.

For me it's these:

Metal Alliance Tour - Anthrax, Exodus, High On Fire, Municipal Waste, Holy Grail - Had meet and greet passes and met all of Anthrax and got a couple of albums signed. Very cool show.

Testament, Flotsam & Jetsam, 4Arm - Overkill had to cancel because Blitz was sick. That sucked, but the rest of the show was great.

Orange Goblin, Holy Grail, Lazer/Wulf - First time seeing Orange Goblin and they killed! Holy Grail was great - this was my third time seeing them. Lazer/Wulf was weird as hell - no thanks. Best part about the show was it was Halloween weekend and my buddy showed up in a full Hulk Hogan costume. Holy Grail burst out laughing on stage and Orange Goblin thanked the Hulkster for being there. Ha!

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 9:17 am

Armored Saint and Wolf at Progpower in Atlanta
UFO in Springfield VA
Orange Goblin, Holy Grail and Lazer/Wulf in Charlotte, NC
Raven and Hour Of 13 in Charlotte, NC.
Testament, Overkill, Flotsam & Jetsam and 4Arm in Charlotte, NC

These aren't in any particular order.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 12:47 pm

I didn't go to many this year, but the two I did attend were outstanding

1. Death Angel, 3 Inches of Blood & Battlecross, Sunshine Theater, Albuquerque
Probably my favorite of the two because the crowd was smaller, so it was a more intimate show. All three bands listed were fantastic.

2. Overkill, Kreator, Warbringer, Sunshine Theater, Albuquerque
Great show! Warbringer brought it. I wasn't a big fan of them before this show, but really dig them now. Their new album is excellent. Of course Overkill and Kreator were awesome as always.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:22 pm

Kiss 14.6.
Alice Cooper 26.7.
Black Sabbath 7.12.
Bon Jovi 24.6.
Iron Maiden 29.7.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Didn't see a single show in 2013, every gig I planned on attending I either had work conflicts I couldn't get out of or I was flat broke. Better luck next year.

Back to top Go down
Ravenscraig
Metal student
Metal student
Ravenscraig

Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Vista Chino (Kyuss) and Death Angel - both in Vienna, Austria. Two awesome nights.
Back to top Go down
http://www.veilofdeception.com
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:29 pm

Iron Maiden and Megadeth September 3, in Raleigh. Hands down the best show I've ever been to and just further cemented Maiden as my favorite metal band.

Cheap Trick 9/17 in Durham was quite good, as well, even though I'm not a huge fan (went with a friend who's a total fanboy).
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Both shows I saw this year were fantastic.

The Metal Alliance tour; Anthrax, Exodus, Municipal Waste, Holy Grail, and Shadows Fall in Charlotte.

And Between the Buried and Me, The Safety Fire, the Contortionist, and the Faceless in Asheville.

Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Iron Maiden/Megadeth in kansas city!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 9:43 pm

I saw Rush in July and they put on a great show!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 9:28 am

Wurthless wrote:

The Metal Alliance tour; Anthrax, Exodus, Municipal Waste, Holy Grail, and Shadows Fall in Charlotte.

And Between the Buried and Me, The Safety Fire, the Contortionist, and the Faceless in Asheville.

I was at the Metal Alliance show in Charlotte. It was a good show. But Anthrax playing without Scott brought it down a notch for me.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 11:42 am

nevermore wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

I was at the Metal Alliance show in Charlotte. It was a good show. But Anthrax playing without Scott brought it down a notch for me.

Yeah you're right, it was a bit disappointing in that aspect. But being honest, I wasn't there for Anthrax's set. I was more into it for Holy Grail and Municipal Waste.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 10:26 am

Wurthless wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

Yeah you're right, it was a bit disappointing in that aspect. But being honest, I wasn't there for Anthrax's set. I was more into it for Holy Grail and Municipal Waste.

Both Holy Grail and Municipal Waste were great!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 11:01 am

Saw Firewind, not bad. Very disappointed I didn't get to see Cult of Luna, but most bands don't bother with FL dates...
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 3:38 pm

Testament, Flotsam and Jetsam, 4Arm in Cincinnati (Overall had to pull out--bummer as they are my favorite. All the others killed though).

Cannibal Corpse, Immolation, Napalm Death, Rivers of Nihil, Ringworm, etc in Cincinnati. Origin was supposed to play too but dropped off the bill.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 10:02 pm

King Kobra - II
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 12:10 am

Sorry - wrong thread.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 5:42 am

tough one I saw Lita Ford and Pearl Jam this year well and Christopher Titus, overall Id say Titus but since its prob music this thread is looking for Id say it was Lita Ford
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 2013 Concerts   Favorite 2013 Concerts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite 2013 Concerts
Page 1 of 1