Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*

Go down 
+30
Coram Deo
Icy Grave
Boris2008
Svengo
Witchfinder
ZombieHavoc
Lurideath
SideShowDisaSter
Grimmo
DallasBlack
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
bgsully
stormspell
metalhead777
Wurthless
Shawn Of Fire
AchrisK
GrandNational
manny
Temple of Blood
Leatherface
mc666
choosemetal
jstate
corplhicks
ultmetal
Orion Crystal Ice
MetallicSeminarian
SpectreFate
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 2:43 am

Great personal favourites in that list as well kyleblack.  I just had this CD thorugh the other day, UK band.  Death Metal (with some doom) thrown in.  Bands like Disma seem to be doing very well these days.
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 4:41 am

This.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 5:40 am

My go to band for doom death have been Kuolemanlaakso this year.

Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 2:42 am

Oh man, I'm going to be looking through this thread for some great music on my day off tomorrow. I'm going to be forever skint at this rate.
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 4:54 pm

I've been playing a few records by the band Thornafire recently. I've been reading up on them as well. For some reason, people seem to think that they are very, very average. Personally, I like their sound, it's good music and well done. Shame they haven't made if a little bit bigger in the scheme of things.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 10:13 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 6:29 pm

Here's a few more I could add.

Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 2:28 am

Some stuff from the last year:

Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 3:54 am

Dr8breed74 wrote:
Oh man, I'm going to be looking through this thread for some great music on my day off tomorrow.  I'm going to be forever skint at this rate.

Same here. Just wish I had a faster internet line!
I prefer 1980s-sounding thrash (metal or HC), but also like death metal when the mood strikes, and usually prefer the 1980s stuff there too.

TrenchRot is great. I still only own their 2013 Dragged Down to Hell Demo tape.
Necrophobic's Spawned by Evil EP was one the best for cover songs. Made made want to hear the debut album The Nocturnal Silence, haven't heard anything else though.
Desultory's 1990+'91 demo tapes were great, but never heard much more, until that Counting Our Scars album. It was good/ok.

I bought ENTRAILS three LP's, and they pretty much sound like ENTOMBED (when they were gritty and straight ahead from the demos and first LP Left Hand Path).

Just learned that Christian death metal band FEAST ETERNAL had a mini album/EP (their 3 rd release?) in 2013, but only see it being sold and announced now.
Pretty sure I used my Facebook or MySpace accounts (when I still used them a lot) to message them 2 years ago and never heard back, so thought they stopped altogether.
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 12:09 am

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 6:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 5:01 pm

Been a fan of this band for awhile. These guys are called Sotajumala and hail from Finland. Killer!!!

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 10:14 pm

Some insane drum work to be heard here:

Last edited by Required Fields on Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 2:32 am

Man, Defeated Sanity are cool. Very cool. Super sloppy, extra heavy and totally brutal!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 4:10 pm

Glad you like them!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 10:40 am

Here is some Leprosy-era Death worship:
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 12:56 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 8:06 pm

Death Metal Cat

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 8:54 pm

^^First time I saw that I laughed so hard I screwed up my voice. Gold.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 11:52 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 10:32 pm

I received Skeletal Remains - Beyond the Flesh in the mail today. Modern old-school style death metal.

Their sophomore album comes out next month.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 12:13 am

I don't know what movie that Gruesome clip was lifted off, but its totally GRUESOME, ugh
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 3:40 pm

Quote :
I bought ENTRAILS three LP's, and they pretty much sound like ENTOMBED (when they were gritty and straight ahead from the demos and first LP Left Hand Path).

Its got that same guitar sound sort of but I hear more Incantation than I do Entombed. To me they took Incantation as their biggest influence and similarly keep that same feel going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*   Death Metal Appreciation  *The official thread* - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Metal Appreciation *The official thread*
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5