Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+87
assault_attack
Mglaffas81
T-Roy
ZombieHavoc
anthrax_fan
fingers
Highway Star
Heavy Metal Ninja
Lari
moonspell67
Mac & Cheese
tohostudios
Aaron_D
BloodWinter
Eyesore
muckie
Wrecked Neck
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Medieval Torture Device
the sentinel
DakotaRogers
Glower
Hadley
Dr8breed74
Troublezone
Required Fields
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
SAHB Healer
Vexer6
mikeinfla
Runicen
AmongTheRest
AutumnShantel
glassprison
Thelemech
rajah
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
metalinmyveins
Singwhatyoucan'tsay
Locky
MetalRob331
akeldama
QuothTheRaven
martinsane
Chrome Locust
corplhicks
RAIDwarden
Leatherface
bass63
dirtracin1
sovdat
thejokeriv
bgsully
mlotek
brokentulsa
MoonChild
CRIMSONMASK
Orion Crystal Ice
David Panzer
Boris2008
scottmitchell74
Gryphon-kl
EvyMetal
exact33
Witchfinder
chilejay7
Wurthless
ShadowAngel
SideShowDisaSter
Wallace2112
iamrockerfun
James B.
MetalGuy71
jstate
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
Addy
Andy
jettafiend
SpectreFate
manny
nevermore
Sutekh
DallasBlack
91 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2021 4:48 pm

Rainbow In The Dark by RJD

Wrecked Neck likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2021 5:47 pm

nevermore wrote:

Let me know what ya think. I liked it, but wished it was longer and went through his whole career.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2021 12:11 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Let me know what ya think. I liked it, but wished it was longer and went through his whole career.

Will do!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2021 12:11 pm

Right now:
Raising Hell: Backstage Tales from the Lives of Metal Legends, by Jon Wiederhorn

On deck:
1000 Comic Books You Must Read, by Tony Isabella

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2021 6:00 pm

Art Donovan “ FATSO”.
I even bought his football card for a bookmark.
Old school bygone time….but fun to read.
My dad tutored him when he was at BC college football.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 8:23 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I agree. It feels like there's parts left out. Kinda like he could have went into more detail in chapters.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 8:26 pm

Hearts Of Fire : The Voice Of The Martyrs. It's stories written by different authors.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 1:17 am

nevermore wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I agree. It feels like there's parts left out. Kinda like he could have went into more detail in chapters.

Yeah, maybe some of it wasn't finished before he died and they just pieced parts of it together. Still a good read, I enjoyed reading more about his early pre Elf career.

Just started the second book of The Expanse series called Caibans War, written by the authors James S. A. Corey. Yes that's a pen name for two co-authors that wrote the series. Really good sci-fi so far, think it might end up ranking pretty high for me compared to other sci-fi I've read.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2021 11:31 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Yeah, maybe some of it wasn't finished before he died and they just pieced parts of it together. Still a good read, I enjoyed reading more about his early pre Elf career.

I agree. It is a good read.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2021 9:58 pm

Nothin' But A Good Time: The Uncensored History of the 80s Hard Rock Explosion, by Tom Beaujoir and Richard Bienstock

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2021 7:56 am

Aztec - Gary Jennings
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2021 4:35 pm

Emily Dickinson. A Pictorial artist.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2021 10:00 pm

Finished reading "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand last night. Have not read it since like 1978 or so? That dude from Rush planted that seed. Think I get it more now than back then, interesting read.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2021 11:29 pm

James B. wrote:
Finished reading "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand last night. Have not read it since like 1978 or so?  That dude from Rush planted that seed. Think I get it more now than back then, interesting read.
I tried reading that a few years ago, and just couldn't get into it. I should try again one of these days.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2021 1:59 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
James B. wrote:
Finished reading "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand last night. Have not read it since like 1978 or so?  That dude from Rush planted that seed. Think I get it more now than back then, interesting read.
I tried reading that a few years ago, and just couldn't get into it. I should try again one of these days.

I read "Anthem" & "The Fountainhead" first. They are shorter and make it easier to get into her writing style. (At least for me) She had a way of kinda rambling on, but it usually came full circle later on.

Wrecked Neck likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2021 5:39 pm

"Hunting the Devil: The Pursuit, Capture and Confession of the Most Savage Serial Killer in History" by Richard Lourie

...the decade-plus long hunt for Russian maniac Andrei Chikatilo, aka "The Rostov Ripper." Dude racked up something like 50 kills (possibly more) during that time frame. He was also a sexual mutilator and an occasional cannibal, so the details have been quite nasty.

The case was also the subject of an HBO movie from the early 90s called "Citizen X."

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2021 11:48 am

I read that Robbie Krieger wrote his book -
SET THE NIGHT ON FIRE.
His take on being one of the 4 DOORS.
The book is pricey….will wait on that one.

Reading “ Desert Father “ A Journey with Saint Anthony “
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2021 9:33 am

Tales of the Dark Knight: Batman's First Fifty Years 1939-1989 by Mark Cotta Vaz

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2021 6:46 am

Just finished "Rules For Radicals" by Saul Alinsky.

Explains how susceptible fringe type psuedo-intellectuals with superiority complexes are to falling for B/S.

Almost as asinine as "48 Rules Of Power" by Robert Greene

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 3:45 pm

A Separate Peace by John Knowles
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 9:32 pm

Brain Droppings by George Carlin

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 1:32 am

Magna Carta: The Birth of Liberty by Dan Jones

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 1:46 pm

KISS and Sell: The Making of a Supergroup by C.K. Lendt

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 5:23 pm

Invisible Residents by Ivan T. Sanderso

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 5:33 pm

Westways magazine and the Costco Connection Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next