Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+87
assault_attack
Mglaffas81
T-Roy
ZombieHavoc
anthrax_fan
fingers
Highway Star
Heavy Metal Ninja
Lari
moonspell67
Mac & Cheese
tohostudios
Aaron_D
BloodWinter
Eyesore
muckie
Wrecked Neck
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Medieval Torture Device
the sentinel
DakotaRogers
Glower
Hadley
Dr8breed74
Troublezone
Required Fields
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
SAHB Healer
Vexer6
mikeinfla
Runicen
AmongTheRest
AutumnShantel
glassprison
Thelemech
rajah
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
metalinmyveins
Singwhatyoucan'tsay
Locky
MetalRob331
akeldama
QuothTheRaven
martinsane
Chrome Locust
corplhicks
RAIDwarden
Leatherface
bass63
dirtracin1
sovdat
thejokeriv
bgsully
mlotek
brokentulsa
MoonChild
CRIMSONMASK
Orion Crystal Ice
David Panzer
Boris2008
scottmitchell74
Gryphon-kl
EvyMetal
exact33
Witchfinder
chilejay7
Wurthless
ShadowAngel
SideShowDisaSter
Wallace2112
iamrockerfun
James B.
MetalGuy71
jstate
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
Addy
Andy
jettafiend
SpectreFate
manny
nevermore
Sutekh
DallasBlack
91 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2022 2:42 am

I used to have a book with me at work at all times. Now, since the pandemic, I didn't read that many, but there's definitely been some variety. Fact, fiction, biographies.

I got through:

Stu Grimson autobiography The Life and Career of a Reluctant Warrior (hockey tough guy)

John Scott autobiography A Guy Like Me (hockey tough guy, who later became all-star MVP)

John Daly autobiography My Life in and out of the Rough (golf)

Alice Cooper autobiography Golf Monster (also with a bunch of golf)

HP Lovecraft collection

Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time

Chris Jericho - The Best in the World, at What I Have No Idea (the third in his series of autobiographies)

Rob Halford's Confess

Marco Hietala (Nightwish, Tarot, Sinergy) autobiography

Wrecked Neck likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2022 3:43 am

^^^nice, love that Stephen Hawking book.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12615

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2022 11:28 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:

Read it when it first came out...
Dude come across that his theories were/are absolutes.
(IMHDO) His brilliance got overshadowed by arrogance and propped up by his handicap.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2022 1:13 pm

James B. wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Read it when it first came out...
Dude come across that his theories were/are absolutes.
(IMHDO) His brilliance got overshadowed by arrogance and propped up by his handicap.

I don't see it that way, but I guess that's why it's "IYHDO" lol!

Btw, what does the "D" stand for? Dumb? Damn? Daring? Delusional? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2022 2:35 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

Btw, what does the "D" stand for? Dumb? Damn? Daring? Delusional? Laughing very hard

You are not the 1rst to ask, last person was before you joined, I think?

If the opinion I give is music related, the "D" is for drummer.
Everything else, the "D" is for dumbass.
Just something silly I came up with after joining the board.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2022 4:43 pm

James B. wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

You are not the 1rst to ask, last person was before you joined, I think?

If the opinion I give is music related, the "D" is for drummer.
Everything else, the "D" is for dumbass.
Just something silly I came up with after joining the board.

Haha funny!
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2022 4:46 pm

Lords of Chaos
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2022 11:09 pm

Jay Boy: The Early Years of May Adams

Mostly 100% photographs, still awesome history

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 11:30 am

Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck: The Son of the Sun (The Don Rosa Library Vol. I) by Don Rosa

...I was never much of a Disney guy, except when it came to the classic Uncle Scrooge comic books of the 1950s and '60s written and drawn by the late, great Carl Barks, aka "The Good Duck Artist."  I discovered his work via reprints as a kid in the '70s.

When Gladstone Enterprises began publishing new Disney comics in the mid 80s (producing a mix of classic reprints and new stories) many of their new artists tried to imitate Barks' style, but Don Rosa was the only guy who came close to equaling the Master. "The Son of the Sun" was Rosa's first epic Scrooge adventure, published in 1987, and it's just as much fun to read now as it was back then.

I have Vol. 2, Return to Plain Awful (a direct sequel to Barks' 1949 classic Lost in the Andes) on deck. I haven't read any of these stories in at least 20 years so it's been a nostalgic blast from the past.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2022 12:45 pm

1984 by George Orwell

In the middle of it, have not read since jr high high in the 70's.
The correlations to a lot of current events is crazy.
Fiction by skinny white ass Laughing very hard

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2022 1:22 pm

James B. wrote:
1984 by George Orwell

In the middle of it, have not read since jr high high in the 70's.
The correlations to a lot of current events is crazy.
Fiction by skinny white ass Laughing very hard

I've read it twice, but it's been a long time. I've been meaning to give it another read here soon. It seems like we are stuck between that and the book by Aldous Huxley, Brave New World and those in charge can't seem to decide which direction they should commit to. Looking like they are leaning towards Orwell down the stretch though. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 12:46 pm

They Just Seem a Little Weird: How KISS, Cheap Trick, Aerosmith and Starz Remade Rock and Roll, by Doug Brod

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 10:44 am

Last Words: A Memoir By George Carlin

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 3:12 pm

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 5:15 pm

007 wrote:
Is that about putting tampons & maxipads in the boys rooms of public schools? Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 6:03 pm

I was having trouble posting in there for some reason and I was going to delete it but couldn't don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am

First Blood, by David Morell.....Yes, the book that spawned John J Rambo.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2022 7:43 am

007 wrote:
I was having trouble posting in there for some reason and I was going to delete it but couldn't  don\'t know

Figured as much...
I was just making a socially commented statement regarding a "period".  In a humorous fashion, pointing out something that is actually happening, and probably will spread worse than WuFlu ever did in the USA.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2022 11:10 am

Graphic Novel: The Complete Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck Vol. I, by Don Rosa

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2022 10:21 am

Batman Volume I: The Court of Owls, by Scott Snyder/Greg Capullo

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 1:42 pm

Graphic Novel:
Batman: Cacophony, by Kevin Smith and Walt Flanagan

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 5:19 pm

Fur, Fortune, and Empire: The Epic History of the Fur Trade in America by Eric Jay Dolin

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2022 1:46 pm

Graphic novel:

Donald Duck: The Old Castle's Secret, by Carl Barks

...goin' down memory lane with these reprints of classic comics from the '40s and '50s.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 2:42 pm

Just finished "The Media Monopoly" by Ron H. Bagdikian. Starting "Propaganda" by Edward Bernays.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 5:06 pm

Batman Vol. 3: Death Of The Family by Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next