Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Songs to Workout to

Go down 
+13
jstate
80s Metal Lady
Orion Crystal Ice
ultmetal
Troublezone
bgsully
Dark Horseman
James B.
Boris2008
tohostudios
Grimmo
corplhicks
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 4:20 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Eight weeks is awesome, man, keep it up. I had to kick six years worth of smoking in 2011, it's not a fun thing I know. You get to the point though of hating it but missing it, if that makes any sense. Props though, that stuff is mad addictive and can grate your jaw straight off.

Thanx, man. So far, so good. I've gotten to the point where I'm not constantly counting the days/hours/minutes, which I guess is a good sign.

...and believe me, I know how "mad addictive" it is, I've been doing "dip" off and on (mainly "on") since I was a teenager. I've tried to quit a bunch of times over the years. I really want it to stick this time though, so I can use the $$ I'd normally spend on tobacco for more important things. Y'know, like CDs and beer. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 8:34 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
then I'll move on to worrying about my other, errrr, "issues."

Such as your sexual attraction to jellies and jams?

Why is it always our fault? Nobody ever cracks down on the jellies and jams for trying to seduce me.

You cannot fix what you cannot accept.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I have no idea what good "workout" music is cuz I'm a lazy @#$%. I definitely need to lose some of the lard off of my ass though, so if I ever start working out, I'll let you know what tunes I pick. lol!

Just remember this thread so you know the best songs to work out with Wink

Right now I'm working on kicking my addiction to smokeless tobacco (eight weeks and counting! Woohoo!)... once I'm sure I'm over that hump, then I'll move on to worrying about my other, errrr, "issues." Very Happy
You can do it man! I quit my pack-a-day cig habit back in 2003. This October I'll be smoke-free for the past decade!

It's tough but it is doable if you're committed.
BTW, I just figured it out; at one pack per day and $3 per pack by my 10th year of going smokeless this October, I'll have saved almost $11.000.

How's that for a motivator?

Last edited by tohostudios on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 8:55 pm

CD's and beer are a far better investment, as long as the beer is quality. If you're talking Natural Ice or some similar shit, we need to talk. Wink
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 8:58 pm

corplhicks wrote:
CD's and beer are a far better investment, as long as the beer is quality. If you're talking Natural Ice or some similar shit, we need to talk. Wink

Oh man, FF likes PBR so you can throw the good beer argument out the window.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 9:03 pm

K, Freddy, step one: where's your local brewery? Step 2: go there. Step 3: tell them you drink PBR. The rest will happen on its own, like magic.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:40 pm

Dammit Toho, how many times have I had to explain this to you??? PBR is for nights when I'm in the mood for QUANTITY. When I'm in the mood for QUALITY (i.e. when someone else is buying), that's when I'll dive into the Sierra Nevadas or Saranac Pale Ales. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:07 pm

Spec secretly pm'd me and told me this was what he works out to. I swore I would not post this, but I still have not seen a check or money order so [he's just lucky I don't post photos...y'all know I GOT EM!]:

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dammit Toho, how many times have I had to explain this to you??? PBR is for nights when I'm in the mood for QUANTITY. When I'm in the mood for QUALITY (i.e. when someone else is buying), that's when I'll dive into the Sierra Nevadas or Saranac Pale Ales. Very Happy

Okay, that's better. I admit, with cheap beer, PBR and MGD are my only choices, but damn do they gotta be ice-COLD. Sierra Nevada may be no Russian Barleywine, but it is the shit, I must say.

As for the Olivia Newton John, I'd workout to her too simply because she...wait, my wife may read this later.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:25 am

I'll admit I like that Physical record. I had a big celebrity crush on her after seeing Grease. I'm probably the only one who saw Twist Of Fate in theaters twice. Still dig a lot of her music. I like her voice.

Just had on Toxic Holocaust - Conjure And Command while riding the bike. Perfect cardio music. The album is varied enough so that all the songs don't just blur together. I'm gonna need to get their other albums.

Edit: Just noticed they have a new one coming out next week. Ordered.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:31 am

Quote :
I'm probably the only one who saw Twist Of Fate in theaters twice.

You're probably the only one who saw it twice. Period. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:47 am

So true. Sad thing is I'd probably watch it again today and like it. Should I even mention Xanadu.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:24 pm

jstate wrote:
So true. Sad thing is I'd probably watch it again today and like it. Should I even mention Xanadu.

Oh Lord. Now I'm having a flashback. "Have to be-liieeeeeeve we are maaaaaa-gic...."

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:55 pm

This topic has taken an ugly turn, I see...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 6:39 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Spec secretly pm'd me and told me this was what he works out to. I swore I would not post this, but I still have not seen a check or money order so [he's just lucky I don't post photos...y'all know I GOT EM!]:

First time I've ever watched that video (I've seen bits before, but never watched the whole thing) It's actually pretty funny! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:00 am

She should have gotten royalties from all the gym memberships and exercise equipment that song sold. That fitness craze was something else. I remember my local TV station use to have a daily morning aerobics show that came on at 6:00 AM. What can I say, just hitting puberty at the time it was must watch. Don't know if it ultimately caused my love of working out, my being an early riser, or other things.

Hit the elliptic with Wild Dogs - Reign Of Terror. Got so into the album I lost track of the time.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:06 pm

Anything by Overkill or AC/DC gets me all he man.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:26 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
Anything by Overkill or AC/DC gets me all he man.

Dude Overkill is the best thrash band on the planet, period. I feel like ruling my own solar system when I have them on. More metal than Slayer, I say.

Happy birthday, btw. cheers
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:30 pm

Listened to Few Against Many by Firewind whilst working out today. Other then the cheesy ballad it was good.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:32 pm

The 'Physical' video, I always thought that spa/gym/whereever she was had this really surreal look to it, and that maybe the whole thing is a big dream sequence, where her lucid mind (the aura-surrounded, extremely alert Olivia Newton John seen in the video) is cruising through different stuff she's dreaming about, and cleverly reminding her that it's time to wake up and get going (get 'physical' as opposed to 'metaphysical').

Right?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:35 pm

Lay off the Nyquil before bed dude. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs to Workout to   Songs to Workout to - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs to Workout to
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2