Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Workout Playlist

Go down 
+4
MetalGuy71
corplhicks
Dark Horseman
80s Metal Lady
8 posters
AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Workout Playlist Empty
PostSubject: Workout Playlist   Workout Playlist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 12:56 pm

I want to put together a workout playlist for someone. Preferably songs that are good for pumping iron. Mainly 1980s songs, but more recent stuff is good, too, though I prefer to stick to bands that were around in the 1980s. The person I'm making it for likes Slayer and Metallica, but I'd rather include songs he might not have heard before or bands with whom he's not as familiar. Here's some that come to mind:

"Ahead of the Pack"--Accept
"Blood & Iron"--Cirith Ungol
"Metalhead"--Saxon
"Man & Machine"--Saxon

I want a song or two from Kreator, but haven't decided which ones. I might choose from a more recent album like Pantom AntiChrist.

I definitely want a song or two by Running Wild. Maybe "Fight the Fire of Hate."

Anyway, any songs that make you want to workout and kick ass? Female-sung tracks would be good, too.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Workout Playlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Playlist   Workout Playlist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Laaz Rockit-Fire in the Hole
Kiss-War Machine
Overkill-Ironbound
Sodom-M 16
Annihilator-Ultra Motion
Armored Saint-With a Head Full of Steam
The Cult-American Gothic
Megadeth-Tornado of Souls
Ozzy-Thunder Underground
Primal Fear-Fight the Fire
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Workout Playlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Playlist   Workout Playlist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 2:32 pm

007 is KING at this haha
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Workout Playlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Playlist   Workout Playlist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 3:19 pm

Workout? Work. Out. I recognize those two words, but they've lost all meaning to me.

Sleep

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

Workout Playlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Playlist   Workout Playlist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Ha! There's just so much good stuff to listen to when working out. I don't even have a set list to go by. I just put on my ipod and let it play. It just goes through my songs alphabetically. I like it all so it doesn't matter what comes on. That said, Dark Horseman's recommendations are all pretty solid.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Workout Playlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Playlist   Workout Playlist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Not really my genre but how about adding these two to the Horseman's list:

Shok Paris - On Your Feet
Riot - Swords And Tequila

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Workout Playlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Playlist   Workout Playlist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:47 pm

Agreed on the Riot.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

Workout Playlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Playlist   Workout Playlist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 9:04 pm

If you've got spotify, I've actually got a playlist for this situation. Here's a link to it.

it's designed for being shuffled, and it's mostly traditional metal and thrash.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Workout Playlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Playlist   Workout Playlist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Wurthless wrote:
If you've got spotify, I've actually got a playlist for this situation. Here's a link to it.

Great! I'll give it a go during my workout and try Dark Horseman's suggestions, too. "War Machine" is a good one. I'll definitely include that one.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

Workout Playlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Playlist   Workout Playlist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 10:15 pm

sweet. hope ya dig it. it's done me well in the past (i don't listen to music much when exercising anymore).
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

Workout Playlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Playlist   Workout Playlist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 10:33 pm

A few suggestions:
- riot: warrior
- Helstar: ahead of the pack
- udo: infected
- gamma ray: last before the storm
-stryper: soldiers under command
- Overkill: necroshine.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

Workout Playlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Playlist   Workout Playlist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 10:36 pm

Actually i cannot listen to music when working out. I go running in forests. The risk of encountering a hyena or a couple of wild dogs is high so i have to listen to my environment well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Workout Playlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Playlist   Workout Playlist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Workout Playlist
Page 1 of 1