Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SARDONYX reissue

Go down 
+9
T-Roy
arttieTHE1manparty
kmorg
7thSecond
Shiney
kethdredd
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

SARDONYX reissue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 3:31 pm

Been listening to this today.Great remastering.I love how the bass is way out front in the mix.I like the original artwork better though.It looks more metal.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 2:22 pm

Copies on Ebay again:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=sardonyx+majestic

PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 11:13 am

I received my copy of this from Brutal Planet over the weekend. I had only heard the MP3s provided on the Lightshine website. The new mastering has pulled the guitars up front alot more which to me is very apealling. I am really surprised these guys didn't become big in the Christian scene back in the day. A very enjoyable album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 6:52 am

I remember seeing this band all the time back in Heaven's Metal mag years ago but i never heard their music. Do they sound like Howe or Wayne style Metal Church?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 8:04 am

troublezone wrote:
I remember seeing this band all the time back in Heaven's Metal mag years ago but i never heard their music. Do they sound like Howe or Wayne style Metal Church?

They don't sound exactly like Metal Church, but are in a similar style of music. I'd say "Majestic Serenity" sounds more like the thrashier Metal Church, albeit a bit more progressive. They mix a lot of dynamics into their songs, clean guitars, melodic parts, chunky riffs, etc. They release an EP a few years ago too, but it's stylistically much different. I personally prefer "Majestic Serenity" and the "Rebel of Reason" EP.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 8:11 am

So if i were to buy one of their records which one would you recommend first?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 12:31 pm

i love all the sardonyx stuff. huge maniac of them. i can't choose, although i play more times their mighty demo. still looking, like a bee the honey, their linear progression. they never anwswer any emails though....
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 12:49 pm

The demo, Rebel of Reason, is my favorite of their records. I liked Majestic Serenity, but the bass mix was MUCH too out front for me. The guitar were buried in the mix. The new remaster is not a remix, and a remix is what the Majestic Serenity needs. Push the bass down just a bit, but bring the guitars much more out front with the vocals. I enjoy the record, but the demo tracks are outstanding.

Linear Progression is also one fine record.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 1:42 pm

syrus wrote:
i love all the sardonyx stuff. huge maniac of them. i can't choose, although i play more times their mighty demo. still looking, like a bee the honey, their linear progression. they never anwswer any emails though....

you can get Linear Progression from Girder Music
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 1:49 pm

So are the vocals clean (Jimmy P Brownish)? or deathish rough, that's what I like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 1:52 pm

T-Roy wrote:
So are the vocals clean (Jimmy P Brownish)? or deathish rough, that's what I like.

Well from those 2 choices I will have to pick neither. Neutral
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 2:36 pm

WTH?!?! lol!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 2:58 pm

T-Roy wrote:

Clean vocals, but he doesn't sound like Jimmy Brown. Different tone, style, etc.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 3:01 pm

Sure, just wondering if it was clean like Jimmy or Lee or even Rock. 🤘
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 2:30 pm

I really love this album. Last night was the second time I listened to it and it won't be the last. The first time I heard it was in my car and while I didn't get into it til the third song (I think the vocals threw me off-very unique) I found myself liking it a lot after that. Last night I loved it from the first song to the last. I would definatly like to hear more of these guys. headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:23 am

I've got this one. You can order the other stuff directly through Tom Denlinger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SARDONYX reissue
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2