Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SARDONYX reissue

Go down 
+9
T-Roy
arttieTHE1manparty
kmorg
7thSecond
Shiney
kethdredd
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 9:01 pm

For those who do not know this band, they are an excellent, classic power metal band from the 80's similar to bands like Metal Church and early Fates Warning.

Quote :
Sardonyx
Majestic Serenity (Expanded Edition)

UPC 628740839928

Digitally Remastered

4 track Rebel of Reason demo added as a bonus

Original artwork enhanced on the inside of 10 page booklet

All new stunning metal artwork by renown artist, Caleb Olsen (Final Axe, Seventh Power, X-sinner, Zion)

Limited Edition

Originally released independently by the band in 1992

Voted favorite unsigned band by HM/Heaven's Metal Readers in early 90's!!!

Power Metal / Thrash Metal made popular by bands like early Deliverance, early Metal Church, Megadeth, and Metallica!

$13.99 retail / $8.40 dealer cost

IN STOCK NOW!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 9:31 pm

What label is this on, Retroactive? They always put out the good stuff. (like, say... Ultimatum! Laughing )
Never heard these guys but I remember reading about'em in H.M. back in the day and thinking they'd probably be up my alley. The description sounds promising!
Back to top Go down

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 9:39 pm

I have to pick this one up now! Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 7:39 am

Finally!I've been waiting for this Re-release.It was originally set for June.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 8:11 am

Yes, Retroactive.

Yup, June was the original date, but they had some delays in the mastering and with the new artwork.

ult

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 8:37 am

Grrrr.

When is Retroactive going to learn how to properly promote and release their stuff? If I had known this I would have waited on those Ultimatum remasters and got them all together.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am

kethdredd wrote:
Grrrr.

When is Retroactive going to learn how to properly promote and release their stuff? If I had known this I would have waited on those Ultimatum remasters and got them all together.

Where did you get your Ultimatum remasters from?

The Sardonyx project was a bit of a fluke. It was suppose to be released with a bunch of other stuff in June, but as I said, problems occured. They just did the best they could to get it out as soon as they could.

BTW, TheEndRecords should have this CD and has free shipping, same with the Ultimatum CDs.

ult
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 8:47 am

I got them from The End.

Seriously though there is no telling when stuff is coming out from Retroactive. There is no forewarning or anything.

He does a pretty good job with his label, just needs to learn how to update his website on a weekly basis or something. He could release a 10CD Deliverance boxset tommorow and it wouldn't suprise me.
Back to top Go down

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 10:00 am

Couldn't wait for TheEnd to get it. I just ordered mine through Brutal Planet on EBay.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 10:17 am

spectrefate wrote:
Couldn't wait for TheEnd to get it. I just ordered mine through Brutal Planet on EBay.

thats what I did also
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 11:28 am

Great band.....

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 12:56 pm

How did you all like their Linear Progression ep? That's all I've heard from them. How does it compare to Majestic Serenity?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 1:30 pm

I'm buying this for the demo tracks.

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 1:45 pm

7thSecond wrote:
How did you all like their Linear Progression ep? That's all I've heard from them. How does it compare to Majestic Serenity?

You can listen to the original album and the demo here on the Lightshine Worship Band's (which features Sardonyx's former singer) website :
http://www.lightshineministries.com/sardonyx1.htm

You can also read the lyrics while you are there.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 9:32 pm

It will be mine!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 11:35 pm

And, now it IS mine!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 9:34 am

SARDONYX reissue 333_09_12_2007_11_45_12_d575_1
Got my copy in the mail yesterday. The remastering is great! The eleven album tracks sound fantastic. As much as I love this album I hadn't really listened to it in years. Hearing it again fresh last night, I was really getting into it; air guitar, singing along, etc.

Much improved artwork. The new cover is great and the 10-page color insert is nicely laid out.

The bonus tracks from the Rebel of Reason are a nice addition. I'm not so sure the mastering improved these tracks though. I have the original tape demo. I don't remember it sounding so tinny and wishy. I think the mastering only served to bring out the flaws in the recording rather than enhancing the recording. Also, there is a noticeable drop out in the song "Scandal" that I don't recall being on the original tape. I'll have to dig that demo out and play it to see if it was there and I had just forgotten. Still nice to finally have these songs on CD.

Anyone into bands like Vicious Rumors, Metal Church, Meliah Rage, etc. and who is not offended by openly Christian lyrics would do well to check this out.

Copies are available on Ebay now.

Should soon be available on CDBaby, Amazon.com, TheEndRecords, etc. as well.

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 9:37 am

wow, that cover is sick. 🤘
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 11:42 am

couldn't find it on ebay

Administrator
ultmetal

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 11:54 am

Wow! Guess they are gone. They were there this morning. I am sure Brutal Planet will relist them soon. It's basically the only way the record company sells directly is through Ebay. Otherwise you have to go through the channels.

GirderMusic, RadRockers, etc. should be stocking it soon too.

ult

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 11:55 am

Radrockers has it now. But they have that pesky $25.00 minimum order policy.....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 11:56 am

Looks sweet, I will have to check this one out!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 11:57 am

spectrefate wrote:
Radrockers has it now. But they have that pesky $25.00 minimum order policy.....

I never have a problem finding enough stuff to make RadRockers' $25 minimum. I usually end up with so much stuff in my cart that I have to leave stuff off before I actually place my order. Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 11:58 am

spectrefate wrote:

I hate that policy, which is why I never order from them. If I want to buy ONE CD, why shouldn't I be allowed to?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 3:21 pm

I think Nordic Mission will have it soon. I'll order there.

SARDONYX reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARDONYX reissue   SARDONYX reissue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SARDONYX reissue
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next