Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?

Go down 
+25
brokentulsa
Citanul
stormspell
Temple of Blood
80s Metal Lady
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wurthless
Boris2008
thejokeriv
allthingsmetal
BearOnUnicycle
MoonChild
Orion Crystal Ice
Vexer6
kyleblack
Witchfinder
manny
Glenn Rogers
Fat Freddy
chewie
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
SpectreFate
Dark Horseman
Chrome Locust
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:22 am

manny wrote:
I love AC/DC!!!!!

I do too. I was just stirring the McPot.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:30 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
manny wrote:
I love AC/DC!!!!!

Heh, heh headbanger headbanger headbanger

I took a non-believer ex-girlfriend of mine to an AC/DC show in 1996 (a total metal hater). She was all, I don't to hear this rubbish, but kept it mainly hidden as it was (the ticket) a birthday present to her - like IN NO WAY did I want to go. We barley got through the opening number and she's moshing like tomorrow will never comes. Following day she is taping all my AC'DC records Laughing very hard

The force is strong with this band.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:38 am

Chrome Locust wrote:
manny wrote:
I love AC/DC!!!!!

I took a non-believer ex-girlfriend of mine to an AC/DC show in 1996 (a total metal hater). She was all, I don't to hear this rubbish, but kept it mainly hidden as it was (the ticket) a birthday present to her - like IN NO WAY did I want to go. We barley got through the opening number and she's moshing like tomorrow will never comes. Following day she is taping all my AC'DC records Laughing very hard

I wish I had been old enough to have witnessed AC/DC live with Bon Scott, I have friend named Jeff who saw them when he was a teen over in Britian in some rat hole named The Red Cow or some weird name. Did know who they were, and was told it was a punk band. Out comes this little guy in school boy uniform and a vocalist with chipped teeth, tattoos ( way before it was hip), shirtless, and his 13 year old self was blown away. He is almost 50 and he never forgot it.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:37 pm

manny wrote:
Chrome Locust wrote:
manny wrote:
I love AC/DC!!!!!

I wish I had been old enough to have witnessed AC/DC live with Bon Scott, I have friend named Jeff who saw them when he was a teen over in Britian in some rat hole named The Red Cow or some weird name. Did know who they were, and was told it was a punk band. Out comes this little guy in school boy uniform and a vocalist with chipped teeth, tattoos ( way before it was hip), shirtless, and his 13 year old self was blown away. He is almost 50 and he never forgot it.

That's awesome, bro - I have one nearly as good. So my pal Peter (in 1977) he's a couple of years older than me - he's kicking a football around the place on the road, bored. He's about 12 or something, and Urban, our mate's older brother pulls up to the kerb. Urban is about 19, has a car, and we all look up to the cat. He says to Pete: "Man, u wanna go to a show tonight, I got a spare ticket?" Pete's like: "Yeah, cool." AC freakin' DC with Bon Scott!!! in a tiny venue in Dublin. SICKENING!!!!!

Pete is one of these dry cats, he knows it really hurts, but plays it down to add to the PAIN. "Yeah, it was good, man." He won't embellish, he knows just saying that is enough to give you a bad day.

Bon Scott!!!!! And this (Irish slang) pox bottle, is kicking a football around bored, and that happens? I think it was the Powerage tour as well.

Talk about luck.

I saw em in 1982 for my first time and I was all chuffed, Pete is at the same show and he's all, yeah, the new guy is OK. I prefer Bon, who I saw in. . .

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 1:53 pm

manny wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
I think that we've just gone into 'Bands we don't like' territory. I don't really like Led Zep but I'd never call them over hyped or rubbish as that's just a bit silly. I think the same applies to The Rolling Stones (who haven't made a great record for 40 years but made Gimmie Shelter and Sympathy for the Devil, nuff said) or The Doors!

Over hyped is Limp Bizkit, paying off radio stations to push their cruddy music to kids who knew no better, then disappearing when everyone realized that they were terrible.
{raises flame shield] I actually do like Limp Bizkit, though I fully understand why people hate them.

Christ almighty you like Limp Bizkit but don't care for the Doors!!! Someone get me a drink, an Advil, and a priest quickly!!!
What can I say, I have unusual tastes. I tried to get into The Doors, but they just didn't do anything for me. I didn't always like Limp Bizkit either, I didn't really get into them until about three years ago.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
I think that we've just gone into 'Bands we don't like' territory. I don't really like Led Zep but I'd never call them over hyped or rubbish as that's just a bit silly. I think the same applies to The Rolling Stones (who haven't made a great record for 40 years but made Gimmie Shelter and Sympathy for the Devil, nuff said) or The Doors!

Over hyped is Limp Bizkit, paying off radio stations to push their cruddy music to kids who knew no better, then disappearing when everyone realized that they were terrible.

I should have used Limp Bizkit - way more sucky than ANTHRAX - bloody awful band. Didn't they encourage a riot or something at a gig, and somebody got killed? Woodstock 1999, I think.
No, they didn't encourage a riot and nobody got killed.

The riot at woodstock was caused by a variety of things(extreme heat, overpriced beverages, lack of facilities) and was already well under way by the time LB were playing, arguably Insane Clown Posse did more to incite it then LB did, as they were throwing balls with 100 dollar bills taped to them into the crowd, which naturally led to a lot of fistfights.

I do like AC/DC, but they're not one of my favorite bands, probably cause a lot of their songs are way overplayed on the radio, and I do know some people who are not fond of them at all.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:48 pm

Cannibal Corpse should be on the very top list....then KISS....followed by SLAYER, METALLICA and ANTHRAX ..their new stuff...I'd rate OPETH very highly (as in worst) as well...

Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 1:47 am

Dragonforce
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 2:18 am

EvyMetal wrote:
Dragonforce

Herman Li may be overrated as a guitar player but he actually writes good music.... now when was the last time Scott Ian wrote good music? or even Hanneman / King? Hetfield / Ulrich? Oooops lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4