Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?

Go down 
+25
brokentulsa
Citanul
stormspell
Temple of Blood
80s Metal Lady
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wurthless
Boris2008
thejokeriv
allthingsmetal
BearOnUnicycle
MoonChild
Orion Crystal Ice
Vexer6
kyleblack
Witchfinder
manny
Glenn Rogers
Fat Freddy
chewie
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
SpectreFate
Dark Horseman
Chrome Locust
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:08 pm

Sure 3 Doors Down songs are catchy but then is the clap.

Horrid band, and the fact they had nerve have the name Doors in their band name increases my hatered for them
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Like I said, I'm a loser......
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:11 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Like I said, I'm a loser......

No no Beck, you made sure pretty cool albums
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:16 pm

2nd Dream Theater. Lifeless wankery to my ears.
Anthrax - no, just no.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:18 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I'm good with Spec's list except for 3 Doors Down. Some of their songs are catch and I like them but I now realize i'm a loser. Guess i'll check out some more bands on that list.
Nothing wrong with liking 3 Doors Down, I would recommend checking out Three Days Grace.
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:59 pm

I'm totally fine with liking what you like and not liking what you don't. But I encourage people to at least know what it is they are not liking. The description of Anthrax to start this thread is pretty far from reality--even if all you've heard was "Attack of the Killer Bees" and crap like "I'm the man". Hate them all you want. Totally cool with that. But please know what you hate.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 6:07 pm

allthingsmetal wrote:
I'm totally fine with liking what you like and not liking what you don't. But I encourage people to at least know what it is they are not liking. The description of Anthrax to start this thread is pretty far from reality--even if all you've heard was "Attack of the Killer Bees" and crap like "I'm the man". Hate them all you want. Totally cool with that. But please know what you hate.
Yeah, i'll admit to liking Bon Jovi, but Anthrax do not remotely sound like them in any way.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 6:41 pm

MoonChild wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:
Guns N Roses....This is fun!!!

Laughing very hard

I could buy into that - lol!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Geoff Tate's Queensryche starting Geoff Tate, The Original Voice (AKA Tateryche, Scabryche, etc...)
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 6:42 pm

I'm just going to say it and run. Not terrible but grossly over-rated

KISS

Please don't hurt me!
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

KISS

Please don't hurt me!

I agree with that... I really only enjoy their debut, Alive, and Creatures of the Night. They've always been a really hit and miss band with me; some songs are just fantastic, and some are absolutely terrible.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:45 pm

I think this Locust character is just Uncle Sax in sheep's clothing. Or is Heath back?????
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:46 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:
Guns N Roses....This is fun!!!

Laughing very hard

I could buy into that - lol!

Glenn and Joke - 2 of my fav humans.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:47 pm

manny wrote:
Sure 3 Doors Down songs are catchy but then so is the clap.

ONE-LINER OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:27 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

KISS

Please don't hurt me!

Them's fightin' words! Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 382568

Popular bands I don't like include Guns N Roses, Aerosmith, and The Rolling Stones. I've never been a fan of Anthrax, but haven't listened to them enough to have a worthwhile opinion.

I also don't get the big deal about Slayer. I've listened to their albums and don't see why they're put on a pedestal.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:28 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
To start out....

3 Doors Down...etc.

Glad you didn't include Alter Bridge. I love their album Blackbird.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 pm

My vote: Counting Crows!

Can't find anything redeeming in this band.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:39 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

KISS

Please don't hurt me!

Them's fightin' words! Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 382568

Popular bands I don't like include Guns N Roses, Aerosmith, and The Rolling Stones. I've never been a fan of Anthrax, but haven't listened to them enough to have a worthwhile opinion.

I also don't get the big deal about Slayer. I've listened to their albums and don't see why they're put on a pedestal.
Slayer are OK, but their my least favorite of the big four.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 12:25 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
My vote: Counting Crows!

Can't find anything redeeming in this band.

They can count crows. Somebody's gotta do it.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 12:53 am

TOOL
DREAM THEATER (excluding first two albums!)
ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise and thereafter
SLAYER - post-Seasons in the Abyss
QUEENSRYCHE - Promised Land and beyond

Wow, this could go on and on...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:45 am

Don't really care much for Mortification.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:47 am

I could care less how much hype a band receives. If I like a group and they receive a ridiculous amount of hype that's great. If I hate a group and they receive a ridiculous amount of hype that's also fine, because despite the hype I'm going to ignore them if I don't like them.

I could sit here and list tons of artists that *I* personally don't think deserve the praise they receive, but what good does that do in the long run? I'd rather spend my energy talking up deserving lesser known artists, ones that could use the word of mouth to get their music noticed.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:47 am

SpectreFate wrote:

Seether
Seether

I take it you dislike them so much that you had to list them twice. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:57 am

I almsot forgot-Creed, they are just unbearably awful in every single regard, I was so happy when they broke up and then of course they HAD to get back together, I think that's one reunion most people could've done without.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:32 am

S.D. wrote:
I could care less how much hype a band receives. If I like a group and they receive a ridiculous amount of hype that's great. If I hate a group and they receive a ridiculous amount of hype that's also fine, because despite the hype I'm going to ignore them if I don't like them.

I could sit here and list tons of artists that *I* personally don't think deserve the praise they receive, but what good does that do in the long run? I'd rather spend my energy talking up deserving lesser known artists, ones that could use the word of mouth to get their music noticed.

Yeah. BUT. Word of mouth is not ALWAYS the same as just marketing and awareness. These days, what I see is that it can be - and often is - the same as hype, in that the idea that one group of people is on board with a band equals it being something objectively "more worthy" than the band with less people. In that instance I think you will end up successful because just the praise by itself will get people on board rather than serious listening and individual thought. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next