Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?

Go down 
+25
brokentulsa
Citanul
stormspell
Temple of Blood
80s Metal Lady
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wurthless
Boris2008
thejokeriv
allthingsmetal
BearOnUnicycle
MoonChild
Orion Crystal Ice
Vexer6
kyleblack
Witchfinder
manny
Glenn Rogers
Fat Freddy
chewie
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
SpectreFate
Dark Horseman
Chrome Locust
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:21 pm

nirvana
Metallica
Slayer
Alice in Chains
Bon Jovi
Non Metal bands...
Beatles
Bruce Springsteen
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:46 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
nirvana
Metallica
Slayer
Alice in Chains
Bon Jovi
Non Metal bands...
Beatles
Bruce Springsteen

Early AIC, Metallica, Beetles, Slayer!!!!!!!!!! You need a doctor lol!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 7:57 pm

ultmetal wrote:
So you don't like Anthrax. Lots of people do, including me. It's all about what you enjoy.

Frankly, I think you are insane to compare Anthrax to Bon Jovi. It tells me you don't know much about Anthrax. Have you ever even heard "Fistful of Metal" or "Spreading the Disease" all the way through? It's hardly "pop" or "Bon Jovi with more distortion". Even the non thrash albums like "Sound of White Noise" can hardly be described as "pop" or "Bon Jovi-ish".

Im not a fan of them either, just not my cup of tea.
thinking
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 7:58 pm

S.D. wrote:
I could care less how much hype a band receives. If I like a group and they receive a ridiculous amount of hype that's great. If I hate a group and they receive a ridiculous amount of hype that's also fine, because despite the hype I'm going to ignore them if I don't like them.

I could sit here and list tons of artists that *I* personally don't think deserve the praise they receive, but what good does that do in the long run? I'd rather spend my energy talking up deserving lesser known artists, ones that could use the word of mouth to get their music noticed.

I think we all could do that
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:41 pm

manny wrote:
Sure 3 Doors Down songs are catchy but then is the clap.

Horrid band, and the fact they had nerve have the name Doors in their band name increases my hatered for them
Eh, I always found the Doors overrated.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:09 pm

I gotta agree with S.D. on this one, I don't care about the hype, I either like the band or I don't. Pretty much that simple.

So for a short list of bands that I don't like (And yes, I have listened to all of them, not extensively, but an album or two, start-to-finish a few times over to give the band a chance.

Slayer - Whoop-de-do...
Tool/A Perfect Circle
NOFX
Blink-182
Sublime
Biohazard
Trivium
KillSwitch Engage
Soundgarden
Pearl Jam
Nirvana
Stone Temple Pilots
Bob Dylan
the Doors
the Rolling Stones
Eric Clapton (I do like Cream)
AiC
Gun's n' Roses
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:13 pm

Vexer6 wrote:

Ohhh damn dude, now you've done it.

Somebody wanna give me a hand holding Manny back? It might take a few of us... Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:29 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
manny wrote:

Horrid band, and the fact they had nerve have the name Doors in their band name increases my hatered for them

LET ME AT"EM!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:35 pm

Kmorg? S.D.? MetalGuy? Anybody? Help me out here! Manny's turning into the Hulk! Someone get the taser and the firehose!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:42 pm

manny wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
manny wrote:

Whoa dude, take a chill pill! lol! In case you haven't noticed, another previous poster also mentioned not liking the Doors

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:43 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
manny wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
manny wrote:

Whoa dude, take a chill pill! lol! In case you haven't noticed, another previous poster also mentioned not liking the Doors

Don't worry I have him on my hit list also!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:00 am

I think that we've just gone into 'Bands we don't like' territory. I don't really like Led Zep but I'd never call them over hyped or rubbish as that's just a bit silly. I think the same applies to The Rolling Stones (who haven't made a great record for 40 years but made Gimmie Shelter and Sympathy for the Devil, nuff said) or The Doors!

Over hyped is Limp Bizkit, paying off radio stations to push their cruddy music to kids who knew no better, then disappearing when everyone realized that they were terrible.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:42 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I think that we've just gone into 'Bands we don't like' territory. I don't really like Led Zep but I'd never call them over hyped or rubbish as that's just a bit silly. I think the same applies to The Rolling Stones (who haven't made a great record for 40 years but made Gimmie Shelter and Sympathy for the Devil, nuff said) or The Doors!

Over hyped is Limp Bizkit, paying off radio stations to push their cruddy music to kids who knew no better, then disappearing when everyone realized that they were terrible.
{raises flame shield] I actually do like Limp Bizkit, though I fully understand why people hate them.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:53 am

manny wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
manny wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
manny wrote:

Hey Manny....... Look! It's a new from-the-vaults Doors live album! That should distract him for a while..................
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 7:12 am

manny wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
manny wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
manny wrote:

I dont think we're gonna be able to contain Manny
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 7:12 am

chewie wrote:
manny wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
manny wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
manny wrote:

Hey Manny....... Look! It's a new from-the-vaults Doors live album! That should distract him for a while..................

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 8:25 am

allthingsmetal wrote:
I'm totally fine with liking what you like and not liking what you don't. But I encourage people to at least know what it is they are not liking. The description of Anthrax to start this thread is pretty far from reality--even if all you've heard was "Attack of the Killer Bees" and crap like "I'm the man". Hate them all you want. Totally cool with that. But please know what you hate.

I doknow what I hate, I know ANTRAX, all my buddies were into them growing up. I don't hate them, that's a strong word, I just think they are over hyped and childlike. My point I was trying make was so many shit bands get deals, when so many great acts get overlooked by idiot A&R men.

I have heard just about every ANTHRAX CD, thanks to my mates, I even had the misfortune OF meeting them. Maybe its a NY thing but they were very obnoxious -- Now, I didn't meet Scott Ian, just Charlie, and the little watchmaker guy Dan Spitz, and Frank Bello. Very rude individuals I have to say. The little guy is tiny, I couldn't believe how small he is in real life. I believe he has special guitars made for him because he has such miniscule hands. He is also a master watchmaker, and he gives guitar lessons online for 55$ an hour. So, I do know a little about ANTHRAX.

However, if they are your baby, I get you would feel butthurt. Us metal fans are very protective over our bands. If you called AC/DC crap, it would put me out of shape, ha, ha.

But its only my opinion, and I have not exactly set the world on fire as an individual - so I wouldn't get too upset with anything I have to say, I'm pretty full of it most of the time.

headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 8:36 am

Boris2008 wrote:

I should have used Limp Bizkit - way more sucky than ANTHRAX - bloody awful band. Didn't they encourage a riot or something at a gig, and somebody got killed? Woodstock 1999, I think.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:36 am

Vexer6 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

{raises flame shield] I actually do like Limp Bizkit, though I fully understand why people hate them.

Christ almighty you like Limp Bizkit but don't care for the Doors!!! Someone get me a drink, an Advil, and a priest quickly!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:37 am

Addy wrote:
manny wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
manny wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
manny wrote:

ahhhhhhhh, now I feel better!
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:44 am

manny wrote:
Addy wrote:
manny wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
manny wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
manny wrote:

ahhhhhhhh, now I feel better!

The DOORS rule. When the Doors film came out over here in the early 90's it blew the place apart - it was like WOODSTOCK all over again in Dublin. I looked a bit like Morrison with the curly hair, so it did wonders for my sex life. I have nothing but gratitude to Oliver Stone for making that flick and boosting my flagging bed notches at the time. God bless the Doors.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:49 am

AC/DC is crap.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:16 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
AC/DC is crap.

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

Yup, the most awesome band in the world.

I actually think it is physically impossible not to love this band. Greatest rock and roll band of all time. I have a cool pic that a Canadian buddy sent me, his mate is a AC/DC fanatic like me - and totally unrelated to the tour, he's staying in this hotel on a business trip in Toronto. As you know, smoking is banned in public buildings in Canada, and he had to go outside for a smoke -- who does he bump into? ANGUS YOUNG having a f*g. ANGUS posed with him for the photo - I'll look it up and post it. Its very funny as this guy is a huge biker and Angus is tiny beside him.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:16 am

I love AC/DC!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:22 am

I just saw that the word f*g is censored on this site. We call cigarettes, f*gs, as slang in Dublin.

The Brits call cigarettes tabs, we call cigarettes f*gs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?   Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst most most over hyped metal band ever with record deals?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next