Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GREAT Recent Live Albums?

Go down 
+14
ghost
arttieTHE1manparty
KissinMaiden
thejokeriv
journeyman
Chairman_Smith
TrogDawn
krokus
candlemass
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
kmorg
ultmetal
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

GREAT Recent Live Albums? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GREAT Recent Live Albums?   GREAT Recent Live Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 8:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Maiden's ROCK IN RIO is worth having just to hear Bruce totally owning "The Clansman" from VIRTUAL XI. What a difference a change in vocalists makes!! His version turned that song from a fair-to-middling Maiden track to an all time classic in my book.

"FREEEEEDOOOOOOOMMMMM!"

Totally agree
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: GREAT Recent Live Albums?   GREAT Recent Live Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 11:38 pm

I thought Kreator's "Live Kreation" album was GREAT!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: GREAT Recent Live Albums?   GREAT Recent Live Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 7:44 am

Motörhead - Better Motörhead Than Dead - Live at Hammersmith

is great. I know that many people could argue that there are a lot of Motörhead Live albums out. But I'm a Motörhead fan and it is a must have for me. I saw them on that tour in Cologne and the setlist is as far as I remember identical except Bomber which was missing at Cologne. This makes it for me more valuable.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: GREAT Recent Live Albums?   GREAT Recent Live Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 9:57 am

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
How'bout:

W.A.S.P. - DOUBLE LIVE ASSASSINS

:metal:

I Gotta agree with Double Live Assassins. Much better than the studi, I mean live album Live...In The Raw. But more polished than The Sting. Great choice.

Ohhhh, i dont agree this time. I think LIVE....IN THE RAW is realy realy good. Never got into DOUBLE LIVE ASSASSINS.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: GREAT Recent Live Albums?   GREAT Recent Live Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:49 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Maiden's ROCK IN RIO is worth having just to hear Bruce totally owning "The Clansman" from VIRTUAL XI. What a difference a change in vocalists makes!! His version turned that song from a fair-to-middling Maiden track to an all time classic in my book.

"FREEEEEDOOOOOOOMMMMM!"

Totally agree

In Complete Agreement about that. I played those cd's so much.... I love the live version of 'the Sign of the Cross'. a vast improvement over the studio version which sounds pedestrian in comparison. Hearing the audience chant freedom gave me goosebumps...

Rush - r30... yes it is a DVD but if you purchased the 'limited edition' it came with the complete show on two CD's.... simply brilliant... the fidelity was superior to 'rush in rio' in my opinion.

Judas Priest - 98 live.... Ripper shreds...... ! (well 8-9 years is sorta recent.....!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: GREAT Recent Live Albums?   GREAT Recent Live Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 11:02 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
Judas Priest - 98 live.... Ripper shreds...... ! (well 8-9 years is sorta recent.....!)

I agree. Great album. Ripper tears it up. Just listen to "Diamonds and Rust".

ult
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: GREAT Recent Live Albums?   GREAT Recent Live Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:09 am

GREAT Recent Live Albums? - Page 2 D65862cnbwa
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: GREAT Recent Live Albums?   GREAT Recent Live Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:10 am

iamrockerfun wrote:

The 70s are recent? scratch
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: GREAT Recent Live Albums?   GREAT Recent Live Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 2:30 pm

WASP's "Live...in the Raw" has always been one of my favorites from the 1980's and Maiden's "Rock in Rio" from a few years ago is great. Also, from recent years, Hammerfall's "One Crimson Night" is terrific. 🤘
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: GREAT Recent Live Albums?   GREAT Recent Live Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 4:11 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
iamrockerfun wrote:

The 70s are recent? scratch

was -- is -- forever will
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: GREAT Recent Live Albums?   GREAT Recent Live Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:02 am

Kamelot's One Cold Winter's Night was well done and to a lesser extent so was Sonata Arctica's For The Sake of Revenge. Just purchased Heaven and Hell at Radio City Music Hall along with Megadeth-That One Night and am anxious to hear how well they were done.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: GREAT Recent Live Albums?   GREAT Recent Live Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:20 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Kamelot's One Cold Winter's Night was well done and to a lesser extent

I like that one too. I purchased it some weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: GREAT Recent Live Albums?   GREAT Recent Live Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:23 am

Annihilator - Double Live Annihilation

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: GREAT Recent Live Albums?   GREAT Recent Live Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 10:36 pm

ultmetal wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

I agree. Great album. Ripper tears it up. Just listen to "Diamonds and Rust".

ult

Ult,

Do my ears deceive me when I listen to 'Rapid Fire' on this disc..... Did they add a chorus with 'Rapid Fire'..... because there isn't one on British Steel.... Play 'em back to back.... am I out to lunch?

That version of 'Diamonds' smokes !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GREAT Recent Live Albums?   GREAT Recent Live Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GREAT Recent Live Albums?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2